Jay Cutler

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:41 pm

The Hogster wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
The Hogster wrote:Hmm. Pretty funny that a good amount of people here wanted us to trade for this douche. 2 First Round Picks and 2 Third Round Picks would have been good for Cutler. But, what we gave up for McNabb was too much. :lol: Some people kill me. The bias and hypocrisy is mind-numbing.

You mock giving up 2 firsts, Orton plus a third when you went gave up a second and a third or fourth????

You are HYPOCRITES!!!!!!

ROTFALMAO

What a clueless post

:lol: Kazoo - once again you dive bomb into a discussion like a retarded parachute -artist not knowing what the hell you're talking about.

In 2008, the Redskins under the direction of Vinny Cerrato OFFERED 2 FIRST ROUND Picks AND TWO THIRD ROUND PICKS for Jay Cutler.

I wouldn't expect you to know that, since you know so little of what you speak. But, in case you missed Kindergarten. 2 First Round picks AND 2 Third Round picks (4 Picks Total) is MORE than 1 2nd Round pick and a 3/4th Rounder (2 Picks) Additionally, 2 First Round Picks is ASSININE for Cutler because he is not worth it.

Look up the word "Value" and then go to sleep. I get tired of slowing my life down to educate you on stuff. Take some anti-depressants and run your two imaginary businesses, because logic and the internet are obviously not your strengths.

Wow, do offer a hamburger with that can of whoopa$$?
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:01 am

I agree.. Price for gay cutler is x2 at least then that of Dmac. We got a kick arse deal
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:04 am

TimSkin wrote:I live in Iowa so I get Comcast Chicago and watched the postgame show and all the guys agreed that all the ints except the last one were on the receivers. Even the pick six they said the receiver should've come back further to the ball well maybe baby jay shouldn't have thrown the ball off the back of his foot. The short pass to Knox was Knox's fault tho cuz he just stopped and he was supposed to keep crossing so dhall just stepped in front of it. That's Cutler and Bears fans tho they never give opposing teams credit and whine about how they should've won the game even if they get blown out. Chi town fans are very similar to Philly fans but atleast the bears actually have won a Super Bowl

Not sure about that but the first INT where DHALL dove was not on the WR. It really wasn't on Cutler either. It was just a great play by DHALL. It was a decently thrown ball and the WR was in position.

Not sure about the INT inside the 20 becuase that could have been route running. I am not sure what type of route the WR was supposed to be running. Either way though, the ball was thrown too far to the QBs left (he lead the WR too much).

The INT for the TD really wasn't on the WR. That was a total misread by Cutler. It was thrown poorly, didn't have enough arm on it, and was not accurate to boot. Again, just a great play by DHALL to get that. I am not even sure the WR could have caught that pass.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:39 am

When it happens once, maybe it's on the receiver. But, 4 times in one half? Now that's just making excuses for Cutler. Only the last pick was a gimmie in my view. The rest of them were good breaks on the ball. It just looked like Hall was guessing correctly on the routes and jumping them.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby BearSkins » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:51 pm

Gotta take a look at Martz's game plan too - why target D Hall when you can target ol' Stonehands Rogers on the other side? Cutler might have thrown 4 incompletes in that case... ;)
It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom – for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:38 pm

The Hogster wrote:In 2008, the Redskins under the direction of Vinny Cerrato OFFERED 2 FIRST ROUND Picks AND TWO THIRD ROUND PICKS for Jay Cutler

I recall they "asked" for two firsts. You got a link we offered that plus two thirds? I did a search and what I saw also said that was what was asked for, not what was offered.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:47 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
The Hogster wrote:In 2008, the Redskins under the direction of Vinny Cerrato OFFERED 2 FIRST ROUND Picks AND TWO THIRD ROUND PICKS for Jay Cutler

I recall they "asked" for two firsts. You got a link we offered that plus two thirds? I did a search and what I saw also said that was what was asked for, not what was offered.

In addition to this being well publicized here in D.C., reported by Adam Schefter (then of NFL Total Access), reported by Jason LaCanfora (then of the Washington Post), and re-visited on the National broadcast of last week's Bears vs Skins game.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sport ... 37677.html

http://www.blogdownchicagobears.com/200 ... ay-cutler/

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redski ... .html#more

The offer was reported on ESPN980 in DC, and on Fox to have included 2 First Round Picks and two 3rd Round Picks. The Redskins emerged as a final candidate after offering the picks, but the Broncos wanted a QB in the deal and did not want Campbell. The Broncos liked Brady Quinn and Kyle Orton. As a result, Campbell was offered to the Browns in a 3 way deal that would have sent then-Brown Brady Quinn to Denver, and a pick to the Skins. When that deal failed, the Bears came in and offered the picks and Orton whom the Broncos liked.

In the end the Bears gave up 2 FIRST ROUND PICKS, a THIRD ROUND PICK and ORTON. Beating the Skins offer of 2 FIRST's and 2 THIRDS since they could not pull off the Cleveland deal which would have sent the picks and Quinn.

The Bears always asked for 2 FIRST ROUND PICKS plus some. These "reports" are corroborated in hindsight in that (1) the Broncos still wound up with Quinn, and (2) local news reports stated that Dan Snyder (who was in contact with the then-unemployed Shanahan was hot and heavy for Cutler so that he could solve his franchise QB problem and lay the groundwork to hire his former coach, you guessed it, Mike Shanahan).

3 of those ultimate motives proved correct by those reports. All in all, even if the deal only included 2 First Round picks, that is still WAY more than the package we gave up for McNabb and it is an awful value in hindsight. If you would read slower before bungee-jumping into a discussion looking for an uninformed angle at antagonizing me, you'd save yourself some embarassment and me some time. There are more reports including video that also report the Redskins offer package. Find them yourself. Thanks.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:35 am

The Hogster wrote:In addition to this being well publicized here in D.C., reported by Adam Schefter (then of NFL Total Access), reported by Jason LaCanfora (then of the Washington Post), and re-visited on the National broadcast of last week's Bears vs Skins game.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sport ... 37677.html

http://www.blogdownchicagobears.com/200 ... ay-cutler/

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redski ... .html#more

The offer was reported on ESPN980 in DC, and on Fox to have included 2 First Round Picks and two 3rd Round Picks

Dude, I know we negotiated for Cutler. None of those links say we offered two firsts and two thirds. None of them even say we offered two firsts. All your documentation on what I already know, that we tried to trade for him, doesn't make your specific claim true and I'm calling BS to that claim. No way Denver would have taken the Bears offer over ours if it was two firsts and two thirds from a Dan Snyder run team. No freaking way.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:36 am

chiefhog44 wrote:Wow, do offer a hamburger with that can of whoopa$$?

It's easy to win arguments if you get to make up facts. Suffering from premature evaluation here...

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:17 pm

Kazoo wrote: It's easy to win arguments if you get to make up facts. Suffering from premature evaluation here...

:lol: Cheif's assessment was not premature. You're obviously uninformed and now you're trying to prove that a given statement is not true simply because you personally don't know it to be true, and you're too lazy to find out.

It's funny watching you blow a gasket and grasp hopelessly at straws. Your first ignorant, incoherent, and ridiculous comment was regarding my comments that people are hypocritical here to have been in favor of the Jay Cutler trade (which required AT MINIMUM 2 FIRST ROUND PICKS, A THIRD ROUND PICK AND EITHER 1) A QB, or 2) ANOTHER PICK) but are against the McNabb trade which only involved 1 SECOND ROUND PICK and a FOURTH which could become a THIRD).

You could have been intellectually mature by acknowledging that (1) those two trades are not comprable contrary to what you quipped in your 2nd grade retort, and (2) you don't personally know what was offered, but there may be a chance that I do. Instead, you dive-bombed into the thread without having your facts straight, and you got your a$$ handed to you. You're welcome.

Even in retrospect, it should be obvious to you that the 2008 reports had merit. Just about all that was speculated at the time the details of this trade were reported eventually came true. Cutler went to Chicago for two 1sts, a 3rd and Orton. To boot, the Broncos still acquired Brady Quinn who was the other variable in the 3 team trade that the Skins were working to outbid the Bears. (WHICH IS INCLUDED IN PLAIN ENGLISH IN THE FIRST ARTICLE IF YOU CAN READ) Mike Shanahan did become coach and promptly admitted that he and Pat Bowlen had been in constant communication for many years.

Kazoo wrote: I'm calling BS to that claim. No way Denver would have taken the Bears offer over ours if it was two firsts and two thirds from a Dan Snyder run team. No freaking way.

ROTFALMAO

Simply because you don't believe the Bears would have turned down our offer does not make it true. In fact, it's about as dumb as ever. Who would have QB'd the Broncos that year if they did not want a QB? Huh genius? :lol: Why wouldn't they value a starting caliber QB over our 3rd Round pick when they already had 2 3rd round picks but no starting QB?? :lol: Chris Simms was their reserve QB and he was coming off of spleen surgery. So, "no freakin way"??? :shock: :lol:

I only take out my time to educate you because I am charitable and I enjoy donating to the less fortunate and mentally challenged. But, please do keep painting yourself in the dunce corner. The comment which caused your crash and burn brain fart was regarding the contradictory viewpoint of being in favor of the Cutler deal (which involved at minimum TWO FIRST ROUND PICKS and then some) but being against the McNabb trade which did not include ANY FIRST ROUND PICKS.

Now, try and divert the attention from your public humiliation of yourself and whine and complain that you can't find an article that says it any plainer that the Redskins were offering 2 FIRST ROUND PICKS, and 2 THIRD ROUND PICKS since they could not pull off the 3 team deal with Cleveland to give Denver a QB they wanted. We'll wait.

Adam Schefter, a Denver journalist who co-authored a book with Mike Shanahan, his report was wrong according to Kazoo. Jason LaCanfora, a DC based journalist to re-iterated this report in the pre-game lead-in on NFL Gameday, his report is wrong because Kazoo said so.

The fact that the dominoes did in fact fall after that trade fell threw showing that the reported interest in Brady Quinn was true, that means nothing because Kazoo can't find anything with his Google machine. :lol:

If you actually look for yourself, you might find that the answer is not to hard to find.

Stay classy Kazoo. You are one pathetic but funny guy! ROTFALMAO
SPIT HAPPENS!!

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:29 pm

The Hogster wrote:If you actually look for yourself, you might find that the answer is not to hard to find.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance...

I told you I did search and didn't find it. You searched and didn't either, so we're even there. Except you know it doesn't exist. Sorry, that's even too. Now you blow this out of your...posterior. What a lot of work you'll go to because you can't admit you were wrong...

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:14 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
The Hogster wrote:If you actually look for yourself, you might find that the answer is not to hard to find.

I told you I did search and didn't find it. You searched and didn't either, so we're even there. Except you know it doesn't exist. Sorry, that's even too. Now you blow this out of your...posterior. What a lot of work you'll go to because you can't admit you were wrong...

Of course, if you don't know it to be true, I must have made it all up. ROTFALMAO :up: Stay classy Kazoo!!
SPIT HAPPENS!!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:15 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:

Of course. If you don't know it to be true, I must have made it all up. ROTFALMAO :up: I'm sure you breezed through school!!
SPIT HAPPENS!!

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:28 pm

The Hogster wrote:
kazoo wrote:I told you I did search and didn't find it. You searched and didn't either, so we're even there. Except you know it doesn't exist. Sorry, that's even too. Now you blow this out of your...posterior. What a lot of work you'll go to because you can't admit you were wrong...

Of course. If you don't know it to be true, I must have made it all up. ROTFALMAO :up: I'm sure you breezed through school!!

I wasn't a Wahoo, I went to schools that required work. Virginia Tech's a real school, you can't just make up whatever you want and tell anyone who challenges it to go find their own proof. We both know there isn't any proof that the Skins offered two firsts and two thirds for Cutler because we didn't. We both looked, I didn't find it. You looked and would have shoved it in my face if you did. That's have been fine with me if you were right, you just weren't and you won't man up to it. So I get your "brilliance" instead.

Here's a pretty specific claim:

Here's a response from a lawyer who knows his client is guilty of making it up:

The Hogster wrote:Adam Schefter, a Denver journalist who co-authored a book with Mike Shanahan, his report was wrong according to Kazoo. Jason LaCanfora, a DC based journalist to re-iterated this report in the pre-game lead-in on NFL Gameday, his report is wrong because Kazoo said so

No, I asked you to prove it's right with a link, not a line of BS. A lawyer who represents himself has a fool for a client.

When lawyers spew this BS and marvel in their brilliance while everyone else think it's a spew of BS always make me wonder what the basis of their marvel is. Maybe it's the marvel of staring at their navel. Anyway, everyone's brilliant if you start with the assumption one is brilliant.

Hog

Postby SAP_Pete » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:40 pm

As for not even finding any mentioning of us offering two first round picks :
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/w ... index.html

The key to the trade was Kyle Orton. Laugh if you want, but it's the absolute truth. McDaniels looked hard at tape of the available quarterbacks from teams that made serious offers, players like Orton, Washington's Jason Campbell and Tampa Bay's Luke McCown. Every one of those teams was in the ballpark with an offer of at least two first-round draft picks and a quarterback.

Return to Around the League