Jay Cutler

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16193
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:48 pm

I'm not going to spend the time researching it, but if memory serves, the Bears' and Skins' offers were basically equal, but they chose the Bears' because they preferred Orton over Campbell. I know I was glad when they did. I made a comment at the time that the Bears had saved us from ourselves.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:41 am

SAP_Pete wrote:As for not even finding any mentioning of us offering two first round picks :
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/w ... index.html

The key to the trade was Kyle Orton. Laugh if you want, but it's the absolute truth. McDaniels looked hard at tape of the available quarterbacks from teams that made serious offers, players like Orton, Washington's Jason Campbell and Tampa Bay's Luke McCown. Every one of those teams was in the ballpark with an offer of at least two first-round draft picks and a quarterback.

OK, but I'm not sure I consider a statement referring to several teams collectively by a Sports Illustrated columnist proof we'd actually offered two firsts and two thirds, the specific claim made.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:32 am

Postby SAP_Pete » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:56 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
SAP_Pete wrote:As for not even finding any mentioning of us offering two first round picks :
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/w ... index.html

The key to the trade was Kyle Orton. Laugh if you want, but it's the absolute truth. McDaniels looked hard at tape of the available quarterbacks from teams that made serious offers, players like Orton, Washington's Jason Campbell and Tampa Bay's Luke McCown. Every one of those teams was in the ballpark with an offer of at least two first-round draft picks and a quarterback.

OK, but I'm not sure I consider a statement referring to several teams collectively by a Sports Illustrated columnist proof we'd actually offered two firsts and two thirds, the specific claim made.


You specifically said there wasn't any quote that they offered even just two first round pics. I provided a quote, so whatever.

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:48 pm

SAP_Pete wrote:As for not even finding any mentioning of us offering two first round picks :
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/w ... index.html

The key to the trade was Kyle Orton. Laugh if you want, but it's the absolute truth. McDaniels looked hard at tape of the available quarterbacks from teams that made serious offers, players like Orton, Washington's Jason Campbell and Tampa Bay's Luke McCown. Every one of those teams was in the ballpark with an offer of at least two first-round draft picks and a quarterback.

You specifically said there wasn't any quote that they offered even just two first round pics. I provided a quote, so whatever.

:hmm:

I said none of the three links Hogster presented had one. I didn't say there wasn't a quote on the entire Internet that had one. I wanted a quote so I could evaluate the credibility. This one isn't without credibility but it's nothing resembling proof. It said we were one of several teams that made similar offers. But didn't say what the statement was based on or if they're assuming it because we were in the discussion and it still didn't support his assertion we offered two ones and two threes. But you can't show any quote from me that says I said there is no quote anywhere, just none in his links.

Which BTW cracked me up. He researched and presented three links. When I pointed out none supported his assertion at all, he said the problem is I'm lazy and I won't go prove his assertions. After he had obviously researched and told us that by presenting links and he couldn't find them himself. Hogster's a hoot, you gotta love him...
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

**LPJ**
Posts: 6385
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:34 am

Jay Cutler? I cut him from my squad, that's how important that guy is
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

#######
Posts: 7225
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:13 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
SAP_Pete wrote:As for not even finding any mentioning of us offering two first round picks :
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/w ... index.html

The key to the trade was Kyle Orton. Laugh if you want, but it's the absolute truth. McDaniels looked hard at tape of the available quarterbacks from teams that made serious offers, players like Orton, Washington's Jason Campbell and Tampa Bay's Luke McCown. Every one of those teams was in the ballpark with an offer of at least two first-round draft picks and a quarterback.

You specifically said there wasn't any quote that they offered even just two first round pics. I provided a quote, so whatever.

:hmm:

I said none of the three links Hogster presented had one. I didn't say there wasn't a quote on the entire Internet that had one. I wanted a quote so I could evaluate the credibility. This one isn't without credibility but it's nothing resembling proof. It said we were one of several teams that made similar offers. But didn't say what the statement was based on or if they're assuming it because we were in the discussion and it still didn't support his assertion we offered two ones and two threes. But you can't show any quote from me that says I said there is no quote anywhere, just none in his links.

Which BTW cracked me up. He researched and presented three links. When I pointed out none supported his assertion at all, he said the problem is I'm lazy and I won't go prove his assertions. After he had obviously researched and told us that by presenting links and he couldn't find them himself. Hogster's a hoot, you gotta love him...


:lol: WOW. It's stunning how stubborn you are Kazoo. But, whatever. I live in Washington D.C. This has been reported and discussed on ESPN980 so much that I am astounded that you're even going to such lengths to refute it. But, whatever.

If you think I would make it all up (for what reason I really have no idea) then that's fine. At the end of the day, there is always the possibility that maybe you're wrong. I know that's tough for you to digest. :shock:
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:35 am

The Hogster wrote:If you think I would make it all up (for what reason I really have no idea) then that's fine. At the end of the day, there is always the possibility that maybe you're wrong. I know that's tough for you to digest. :shock:

Frankly I don't even disbelieve they offered it, I just don't believe you know they did. I don't think you made it up, I'm sure you heard it. You just presented hyperbole as fact and made specific claims you obviously didn't know to be true. I wanted the quotes to look at the credibility. Then you searched and presented links that discussed the topic but didn't support your specific assertions. Then you wouldn't admit you couldn't find them, rather then admit it you called me lazy. We both searched and both didn't find them. Everything is on the Internet. It's "fact" that was on ESPN radio, but no where on the Internet so the quotes can be examined? That defies belief. The ability to admit being wrong is not "my" issue in this conversation...
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

#######
Posts: 7225
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:33 am

Frankly I don't even disbelieve they offered it, I just don't believe you know they did. I don't think you made it up, I'm sure you heard it. You just presented hyperbole as fact and made specific claims you obviously didn't know to be true.


Herein lies the reason why you continue to embarrass yourself. You are way too concerned with proving someone wrong in an effort to appear as if you're right that you overlook obvious information en route to "discrediting" someone who is telling you the sky is blue.

I gave up doing your research for you. As the other poster pointed out, one of your prior "assertions" was disproven with the Sports Illustrated article. Yet, you'll continue howling at the moon and shifting your point in an effort to save face. It's not worth my time to present you with information you can locate on your own. Then you'll just attack the source despite all of the other circumstantial evidence that shows my statement to be likely even if you don't believe it or know it to be.

At the end of the day, I never asked you to prove me wrong although I could have. Why? Because I don't care what you think. :lol: And, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. It's tough to prove a negative, and you struggle with proving everything else, so let's just settle up and ignore each other for good. After I've gotten my laugh at your posts, the value in these discussions is non-existent.
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:24 pm

The Hogster wrote:
Frankly I don't even disbelieve they offered it, I just don't believe you know they did. I don't think you made it up, I'm sure you heard it. You just presented hyperbole as fact and made specific claims you obviously didn't know to be true.


Herein lies the reason why you continue to embarrass yourself. You are way too concerned with proving someone wrong in an effort to appear as if you're right that you overlook obvious information en route to "discrediting" someone who is telling you the sky is blue.

I gave up doing your research for you. As the other poster pointed out, one of your prior "assertions" was disproven with the Sports Illustrated article. Yet, you'll continue howling at the moon and shifting your point in an effort to save face. It's not worth my time to present you with information you can locate on your own. Then you'll just attack the source despite all of the other circumstantial evidence that shows my statement to be likely even if you don't believe it or know it to be.

At the end of the day, I never asked you to prove me wrong although I could have. Why? Because I don't care what you think. :lol: And, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. It's tough to prove a negative, and you struggle with proving everything else, so let's just settle up and ignore each other for good. After I've gotten my laugh at your posts, the value in these discussions is non-existent.

I'm curious. How do you get your head through doorways?
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:32 am

Postby SAP_Pete » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:10 pm

At least there's always ad hominem to fall back on.
Sexy Rexy is the man, if he can't beat us noone can !

...unadulterated
Posts: 4689
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:59 am
Location: that voice in your head

Postby Hoss » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:09 pm

Please refrain from personal attacks.
People may not remember exactly what you did
or what you said....

~BUT~
they will ALWAYS remember how you made them feel.

**********
User avatar
Posts: 16744
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:18 am

Image
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

**********
User avatar
Posts: 16744
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:28 am

1niksder wrote:Image


My bad... you guys wanted a link
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

DarthMonk
Online
Posts: 4474
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:30 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
The Hogster wrote:Hmm. Pretty funny that a good amount of people here wanted us to trade for this douche. 2 First Round Picks and 2 Third Round Picks would have been good for Cutler. But, what we gave up for McNabb was too much. :lol: Some people kill me. The bias and hypocrisy is mind-numbing.

You mock giving up 2 firsts, Orton plus a third when you went gave up a second and a third or fourth????

You are HYPOCRITES!!!!!!

ROTFALMAO

What a clueless post


A clear reversal just occured. Hogster did not mock giving up a lot for Cutler. He mocked those who said giving up that much for Cutler was wise while those same people said we gave up too much for McNabb. I can see why it happened though. Hogter mocks sarcastically which can be mistaken for seriousness in his own position. But right before the sarcasm he calls Cutler a douche and right after he writes :lol: . Pretty clear.

Darthmonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

DarthMonk
Online
Posts: 4474
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:32 am

1niksder wrote:
1niksder wrote:Image


My bad... you guys wanted a link


SCHWEET! Rhymes with tweet!

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Return to Around the League