Brunell's last game as a Jaguar?

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Site Admin

Brunell's last game as a Jaguar?

Postby BossHog » Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:22 am

Was last night Brunell's last game as a Jaguar?

Brunell's future has come into question in the past week, as talk that the Jaguars were putting out trade feelers about the 11-year veteran circulated around the league. Coach Jack Del Rio denied the team was trying to trade him.

Releasing him is another option. Cut day is Sunday, and by then, it will be clear whether the Jaguars (3-1) are committed to Brunell for another season or to full-fledged rebuilding this year with Leftwich or second-year QB David Garrard.

Rest of article here

As a Jags fan, I'd be furious if this transpired. Not that losing Brunell would be the end of the world, especially in a rebuilding stage, but why take the ENTIRE PRESEASON to decide that this was the direction you were taking?

I guess Leftwich's holdout had something to do with it, but you'd think that if dumping Brunell was even a possibility that they'd have stepped up Byron's contract negotiations.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:21 pm

Brunell is the starter for opening day. I liked Wuerffel's performance. I think we should tell him his job is on the line every week. (Which is basically true)
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:48 pm

Hey, if they were to cut him instead of trade him - I would make him a one year offer - he is a massive upgrade compared to Johnson and Wuerffel.

But, like Jake said, not likely to happen.
Rich in Roanoke

Hog

Postby SirSmizzy » Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:57 pm

He has no chance with warren moon..oops i mean byron leftwich as the #2.
by Week 3 byron will be the starter
Welcome Home Coles

Return to Around the League