Sarah Palin is improving

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:06 am

funbuncher wrote:but it's ok for evolutionists to attempt to make our children share the same belief as them by teaching it in schools with our tax money?
Yes.

like the evolutionists of today, the people who insisted that the earth was flat were the scientific community of the day.
Not true. the flat earth theory comes from religious fanatics whom ignored the scientific information available at the time and "interpreted the bible" to argue the flat earth theory. I actually wrote an award-winning dissertation on this interesting part of the history of science. So, trust me, you do not wish to argue that "the best scientific community of the day" made this argument.

not my view, God's view.

You see? It is impossible to reason and discuss respect when the name of God is invoked as the single justification for your conduct.

I get it. God and you against the rest of the world.

This is what fundamentalism is about: a narrow, adversarial, selfish, often ill-informed and wrong interpretation of ANY religious scriptures.

this is essentially a non sequitur to our conversation on fundamentalist Christianity and the literal interpretation of the Bible if you know the Bible at all which clearly says...

Why? The views of this man and his following were based on THEIR absolutely and infallible interpretation of the Bible? No? You ask them: they are ABSOLUTELY right and you are WRONG. God said so and you fail to read the Bible correctly.

So this con-man was able to fool quite a few people who either did not take the Bible literally, or just failed to read it for themselves. The Christian Church has been wringing its hands over this guy since he started putting up billboards, because it only serves to fool some people, and further drive away folks like yourself from God who think fools like this represent all Christians.
So, what is the difference between this man and other fundamentalists again?

Using the bible for manipulation and moving the people to act irresponsibly is exactly the argument against fundamentalists. How is this different?

You seem to blame Christianity for being used as a tool by evil men or politicians.
Nothing could be further from the truth. I blame fanatic fundamentalists for USING religion, whatever religion and not only Christianity, as a tool to manipulate people and serve their own power interests.

honestly, if I had come on this board professing my gayness would you be telling me the "problem" with my views, and insulting my character by telling me who you think I abhor and calling me intolerant? It appears that you are intolerant of Christianity in particular, but you prefer to veil it by having a problem with "fundamentalists" in general.
Again, nothing could be further from the truth. I am a Christian. I just hate to see my and other religions which I respect being misused for political and military manipulation.

Where are your examples of death and destruction caused by Islamic fundamentalists who are actively looking to try to kill as many non-believers as possible and whose holy scriptures include verses like these...
My criticism and condemnation for ALL forms of fundamentalism of all religions has been consistent. You seem to be the one arguing that YOUR FORM of fundamentalism is RIGHT because ... it is YOURS (in the name of God and the scriptures as you see them of course).

the Pharisees were the straightest arrows, the most pious, the most ambitious, the most holier than thou, the most intolerant, and the most JUDGMENTAL religious leaders of Jesus' day. All the things that you have labeled me with is exactly what they were.

To be fair, not only you or Christian fundamentalists BUT all fundamentalists of all religions.

If you have read nothing I have written to you this past week, please read these words of Jesus' that I copied and pasted from Luke chapter 6...

What's a good argument without a good thump of the book, eh?

This is fundamental Christianity.

This?

Somebody who manipulated people for wealth and power?

Somebody who would quote the scriptures more often and accurately than you do now?

Please explain to me: What is difference between this Christian fundamentalist attempt to use religion as manipulation tool and others from Christian or any other religion?

It doesn't appear that I am making any progress here other than angering the atheist majority. probably bout time to go back to talking about football, but sadly there is no football. my goal was to clear up the myth that Christians are out to judge people. Hopefully somebody got that.

Definition of an atheist: ANYBODY who does not see the world exactly according to your own narrow and righteous interpretation of the Bible.

Sadly, there are PLENTY of fundamentalists in other religions whom would change the book but not the statement:

For an interesting discussion of Jewish fundamentalism, you can look here:

Jewish Fundamentalism in Israel

I quote some parts that apply to all other forms of fundamentalism:

...Jewish opposition in Israel to Jewish fundamentalism greatly increased after a Jewish, fundamentalist, religious fanatic, Yigal Amir, who insisted that he was acting in accordance with dictates in Judaism, shot and killed Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin. That numerous groups of religious Jews after the assassination supported this murder in the name of the "true" Jewish religion aroused interest in Israel in past killings by Jews of other Jews who were alleged to be heretics or sinners. In our book we cite present and past investigations by Israeli scholars documenting that for centuries prior to the rise of the modern nation state, Jews, believing they were acting in accordance with God's word and thus preparing themselves for eternal paradise, punished or killed heretics and/or religious sinners. Contemporary Jewish fundamentalism is an attempt to revive a situation that often existed in Jewish communities before the influence of modernity. The basic principles of Jewish fundamentalism are the same as those found in other religions: restoration and survival of the "pure" and pious religious community that presumably existed in the past.
Last edited by Redskin in Canada on Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

cappster

Postby Cappster » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:42 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:Out of curiosity, what has he said that impressed you?

I like his ideology (not policy) of addressing environmental, energy, and medical issues that concern us today. He recognizes something needs to be done about those issues, but I don't believe he has gone about trying to implement policy in the correct manner.
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:12 pm

Cappster wrote:

I like his ideology (not policy) of addressing environmental, energy, and medical issues that concern us today. He recognizes something needs to be done about those issues, but I don't believe he has gone about trying to implement policy in the correct manner.

Environmental. His "ideology" is what?

Energy. His "ideology" is what?"

Medical. I'm going to have to ask the same, his "ideology" is what?

For all those since you're saying he's intelligent I'm not just asking if you/he like the liberal solutions to solving those diseases by killing the patient (most literally in his medical ideology), I'm asking what value he actually brings to any of those discussions.

He doesn't take a position on anything from what I can see. The liberal media has given up on his doing anything and now pumps all the wonderful things he's "considering" or "evaluating" without any actual decision or acting being made. His one huge action as President, Obama Healthcare Destruction was no policy at all but just thousands of pages of transactional government control wherever they could get it. I'm not saying I disagree with his polices on those areas, I'd have to know what they are specifically to do that, and for that he'd need to have one. He just goes from speech to speech saying nothing. I'd love to hear what that nothing actually means.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

cappster

Postby Cappster » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:50 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Cappster wrote:

Environmental. His "ideology" is what?

Energy. His "ideology" is what?"

Medical. I'm going to have to ask the same, his "ideology" is what?

For all those since you're saying he's intelligent I'm not just asking if you/he like the liberal solutions to solving those diseases by killing the patient (most literally in his medical ideology), I'm asking what value he actually brings to any of those discussions.

He doesn't take a position on anything from what I can see. The liberal media has given up on his doing anything and now pumps all the wonderful things he's "considering" or "evaluating" without any actual decision or acting being made. His one huge action as President, Obama Healthcare Destruction was no policy at all but just thousands of pages of transactional government control wherever they could get it. I'm not saying I disagree with his polices on those areas, I'd have to know what they are specifically to do that, and for that he'd need to have one. He just goes from speech to speech saying nothing. I'd love to hear what that nothing actually means.

Environmental- Something needs to be done about cleaning up the environment. Cap and trade is not the answer, but something needs to be done before we pollute ourselves into extinction. Trying to direct companies to take a more eco-friendly approach is the right thing to do.

Energy- The need for renewable resources is valuable not only for energy independence, but the oil well and coal mines going to be empty one day. The environment and energy problems are very closely related. Renewable and cleaner burning energy to meet our demands is needed to maintain our current way of life.

Medical- In an ideal world, everyone should have access to medical care. It's human nature to want to live and the poor shouldn't be left behind. Now, the problem with Obamacare, much like anything that comes out of Washington, it has a lot of underlying issues that are not about taking care of people, but filled with other terms and conditions that have nothing to do with health care.

If boys and girls in Washington would put their religious ideologies on the back burner, learn how to share the sandbox, and try to objectively work together minus the greed and search for unruly power, the nation may be able to fix itself that is better for everyone. Unfortunately, there is too much money, power, and influence directing our "representatives" to take care of their buddies, stocks, bank accounts, etc... Obama is no different than the rest of the dodo bird politicians who are out for themselves and not out for "the people."

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:12 am

Cappster wrote:Environmental- Something needs to be done about cleaning up the environment. Cap and trade is not the answer, but something needs to be done before we pollute ourselves into extinction. Trying to direct companies to take a more eco-friendly approach is the right thing to do.

Energy- The need for renewable resources is valuable not only for energy independence, but the oil well and coal mines going to be empty one day. The environment and energy problems are very closely related. Renewable and cleaner burning energy to meet our demands is needed to maintain our current way of life.

Medical- In an ideal world, everyone should have access to medical care. It's human nature to want to live and the poor shouldn't be left behind. Now, the problem with Obamacare, much like anything that comes out of Washington, it has a lot of underlying issues that are not about taking care of people, but filled with other terms and conditions that have nothing to do with health care

Everyone agrees that in an ideal world we'd have a clean environment, renewable energy and access to medical care. You're saying you don't agree with his policies, but this is apple pie ideology. I understand you said ideology not policy so I'm trying to stay away from policy.

So the question again is you said he's intelligent, I asked what impressed you, you listed these. From an ideology standpoint, how has he advanced any of these areas? What insight has he given? Is it seriously intelligent to say he'd like a clean environment, renewable energy and access to healthcare but has no idea how to accomplish the task with an actual policy? I don't get it.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:38 am

Sarah Palin is improving. She's gone from rich to wealthy. If we consider the vast leap from Retarded to Dum-Witted, she's made some strides there as well.

Seriously, Palin is the average American. Not very intelligent, but not a complete idiot. A little intelligence can be dangerous because the person may confuse other things (power, success, fame) with affirmations of their intelligence. This leads to the over-inflated sense of intellect that gives regular dummies the confidence to speak on things they don't even realize they know nothing about. (See Paul Revere)

Chris Rock once said America is like a classroom. You've got a couple of really smart kids, a couple of really dumb kids, and everyone else is just in the middle. Palin is in the middle but has a timeshare desk with the dumb asses.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:55 am

The Hogster wrote:Sarah Palin is improving. She's gone from rich to wealthy. If we consider the vast leap from Retarded to Dum-Witted, she's made some strides there as well.

Seriously, Palin is the average American. Not very intelligent, but not a complete idiot. A little intelligence can be dangerous because the person may confuse other things (power, success, fame) with affirmations of their intelligence. This leads to the over-inflated sense of intellect that gives regular dummies the confidence to speak on things they don't even realize they know nothing about. (See Paul Revere)

Chris Rock once said America is like a classroom. You've got a couple of really smart kids, a couple of really dumb kids, and everyone else is just in the middle. Palin is in the middle but has a timeshare desk with the dumb asses.

What's so funny is how you can re-write this by replacing "Palin" with "Obama" or "Biden" or "Kerry" or "Gore" and make the exact same point with a few wording tweaks.

Which was....wait for it....my point....

But she's not liberal and she's a woman, so the vitriol flows one way. Thank you for that demonstration of the theme of this tread, Hogster. I appreciate it. Really.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:03 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
The Hogster wrote:Sarah Palin is improving. She's gone from rich to wealthy. If we consider the vast leap from Retarded to Dum-Witted, she's made some strides there as well.

What's so funny is how you can re-write this by replacing "Palin" with "Obama" or "Biden" or "Kerry" or "Gore" and make the exact same point with a few wording tweaks.

Which was....wait for it....my point....

But she's not liberal and she's a woman, so the vitriol flows one way. Thank you for that demonstration of the theme of this tread, Hogster. I appreciate it. Really.

You could replace any politician's name with it. But, it fits some more than others. Palin is a mental midget, but she talks like she thinks she's Aristotle. You can say what you want about Obama, but he's intelligent.

Stupid people don't realize when the answer to the question is "I don't know." Instead, stupid people feel the need to fill silence with a voice--usually their own. And, the more they talk, the dumber they sound. There is a such thing called nuance that alludes dummies.

Instead of knowing when to just stop talking, Palin tries to talk her way out of situations and winds up looking much dumber than she probably really is. If you're not going to prepare before a public discussion, know when to shut up or simply state that your research is in progress or the issue is developing.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

cappster

Postby Cappster » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:00 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Everyone agrees that in an ideal world we'd have a clean environment, renewable energy and access to medical care. You're saying you don't agree with his policies, but this is apple pie ideology. I understand you said ideology not policy so I'm trying to stay away from policy.

So the question again is you said he's intelligent, I asked what impressed you, you listed these. From an ideology standpoint, how has he advanced any of these areas? What insight has he given? Is it seriously intelligent to say he'd like a clean environment, renewable energy and access to healthcare but has no idea how to accomplish the task with an actual policy? I don't get it.

Well, in an non-ideal world, the world in which we live, some people do not see a need for renewable energy and/or believe the hazardous amounts of pollution in our environment is something that scientists are lying about. The president, at least I think he believes, sees a need for corrective action to be taken against these conditions that are going to impact us sooner rather than later.

I don't expect him to know how to "solve" the problem from a technical standpoint, but lead us to a point where most Americans do care about these issues. Much like a project manager who doesn't know the technical aspect of each job, but can bring everyone together to work for a common goal. The difference is that America is divided and wouldn't be able to choose on a style of pizza if its life depended on it.

The two rival gang system...ahem...two party system is severely flawed and keeps getting worse. Instead of getting anything fruitful accomplished, both sides would rather bicker back and forth to try and posture themselves for their own personal gain.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:00 pm

Cappster wrote:

The two rival gang system...ahem...two party system is severely flawed and keeps getting worse. Instead of getting anything fruitful accomplished, both sides would rather bicker back and forth to try and posture themselves for their own personal gain.

Agreed. On the energy issue, it all comes down to money. Lobbyist money in particular. Republicans are tied to energy companies probably moreso than any other interest group.

Accordingly, until these energy companies figure out ways to make money off of clean energy technologies, you will continue to see Republicans take assinine positions contrary to settled scientific research on issues such as global warming, and other energy-related initiatives.

Once Exxon Mobil can make money from those energy sources, you'll see Republicans suddenly agree with scientists. Until then, they "don't believe in it." Oh, the magic of money. :up:
SPIT HAPPENS!!

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:17 pm

Cappster wrote:Well, in an non-ideal world, the world in which we live, some people do not see a need for renewable energy and/or believe the hazardous amounts of pollution in our environment is something that scientists are lying about. The president, at least I think he believes, sees a need for corrective action to be taken against these conditions that are going to impact us sooner rather than later.

I don't expect him to know how to "solve" the problem from a technical standpoint, but lead us to a point where most Americans do care about these issues. Much like a project manager who doesn't know the technical aspect of each job, but can bring everyone together to work for a common goal. The difference is that America is divided and wouldn't be able to choose on a style of pizza if its life depended on it.

I'm confused. Are you saying that Obama is trying to bring us together?

If you are, you're delusional,he's one of the most bitterly partisan Presidents in our history, and I agree that's a high hurdle.

If you are not saying that, so what are you giving him credit for exactly?

I give credit for example to Bono who actually works with Republicans even though he's far left. I don't agree with his cause (the methods, not the objectives), but his objective is obviously his cause. When attacked by Democrats for working with Republicans, he said he'd take help where he can get it.

Al Gore on the other hand uses Global Warming as a hammer for partisan attacks against Republicans. His priority is electing Democrats, not solving global warming.

Obama is clearly in the Gore camp on that. If you're actually saying he's not you need to back that up for anything.

Obama "They (Republicans) can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back."

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:53 am

I haven't read all the replys in this thread nor do I intend to this is a ten page long thread. I am only stating what I think about Sarah Palin.

I for one happen to like Sarah Palin. Do I think she is perfect no. I just think overall she is a decent person. The problem that most people have with her is that she is not very well spoken. So this might lead people to think she isn't the smartest person in the world. Which may or may not be true.

I just think that overall she is genuine. What I mean is that I take her at her word. Which I cant say for 99 percent of the rest of the politicians. As of late I have totally turned my attention away from politics because it is just an endless cycle of negative news. We need to fix this and we need to fix that over and over again.

Not sexist at all. I just don't believe America is ready to vote a woman into the presidency. I am not sure if she backed the tea party or is just riding the wave. However I am certain her core beliefs reflect most of my own. She is also pretty cute too. LOL!
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:28 am

HEROHAMO wrote:I haven't read all the replys in this thread nor do I intend to this is a ten page long thread. I am only stating what I think about Sarah Palin.

I for one happen to like Sarah Palin. Do I think she is perfect no. I just think overall she is a decent person. The problem that most people have with her is that she is not very well spoken. So this might lead people to think she isn't the smartest person in the world. Which may or may not be true.

I just think that overall she is genuine. What I mean is that I take her at her word. Which I cant say for 99 percent of the rest of the politicians. As of late I have totally turned my attention away from politics because it is just an endless cycle of negative news. We need to fix this and we need to fix that over and over again.

Not sexist at all. I just don't believe America is ready to vote a woman into the presidency. I am not sure if she backed the tea party or is just riding the wave. However I am certain her core beliefs reflect most of my own. She is also pretty cute too. LOL!

word

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:22 pm

Interesting and provocative read:

Why U.S. is not a Christian nation
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

cappster

Postby Cappster » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:45 pm

Very interesting read, RiC. To bad the people who need to understand what the article is stating will refuse to accept it.

Return to The Lounge