Sarah Palin is improving

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:47 pm

Cappster wrote:What agenda do I have? Please, clue me in on it, because I am curious to know what agenda am I fighting for :scratching head:. I just have personal opinions from what I observe and things I have dealt with in my life. Again, my viewpoints are relative to my own personal experiences and I have stated that repeatedly.

I have addressed other points as to why I don't like the tea bagging party, but no one wants to address anything other than the racial sticking point. I also think its rather amusing Kaz wants to label me as a liberal since I have never voted for a democratic candidate in my entire voting life.

There's an entire Tea Party movement that just elected a bunch of Senators and Congressman. They've been discussed across Talk Radio including Boortz, Hannity, Rush. That's all been about reducing the size of government, zero has to do with anything about race. Yet you champion bashing them based on some people you know. Which just apparently totally happens to be the lie the Democrats and liberal media are pushing. If they are defending themselves against stupid charges, they aren't getting Democrats and liberal Republicans to defend themselves for destroying the country with government.

The people you know may be racists and they may be tea partiers, but one has nothing to do with the other. And as I pointed out this is the fate of anyone not Left in this country. If you are not left, you are ad hominem attacked by the left because their policies are failed and can't be defended with logic because they aren't logical and don't work. If you're not left, you would be sick of being attacked and recoil at the idea that someone having an idea that's not left should be attacked. The last think you'd do is do it.

And BTW, the Republican party is overall very liberal too. They talk about small government, then grow it. George Bush was overwhelmingly liberal. Liberals hear what people say, they don't look at what they do.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:31 pm

Palin?

Seriously?

Is that the best candidate the Republican Party can come up with?

... and please, do not compare Palin to Reagan, ever.

Why are the top candidates of most political parties so bad all over the world?

Is politics so abhorrent that good people are not interested to run for office anywhere anymore?

I am fed up with most leaders. I cannot point to true Statesmen/women anywhere today.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:30 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:Is politics so abhorrent that good people are not interested to run for office anywhere anymore?

:idea:

And maybe the ones that do cannot possibly get past the first screening.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:56 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:So Cappster, do you have any comment on the actual Tea Party views or is it just we're racists?

Interesting. So you now consider yourself a member of the Tea Party?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

cappster

Postby Cappster » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:07 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Cappster wrote:What agenda do I have? Please, clue me in on it, because I am curious to know what agenda am I fighting for :scratching head:. I just have personal opinions from what I observe and things I have dealt with in my life. Again, my viewpoints are relative to my own personal experiences and I have stated that repeatedly.

I have addressed other points as to why I don't like the tea bagging party, but no one wants to address anything other than the racial sticking point. I also think its rather amusing Kaz wants to label me as a liberal since I have never voted for a democratic candidate in my entire voting life.

There's an entire Tea Party movement that just elected a bunch of Senators and Congressman. They've been discussed across Talk Radio including Boortz, Hannity, Rush. That's all been about reducing the size of government, zero has to do with anything about race. Yet you champion bashing them based on some people you know. Which just apparently totally happens to be the lie the Democrats and liberal media are pushing. If they are defending themselves against stupid charges, they aren't getting Democrats and liberal Republicans to defend themselves for destroying the country with government.

The people you know may be racists and they may be tea partiers, but one has nothing to do with the other. And as I pointed out this is the fate of anyone not Left in this country. If you are not left, you are ad hominem attacked by the left because their policies are failed and can't be defended with logic because they aren't logical and don't work. If you're not left, you would be sick of being attacked and recoil at the idea that someone having an idea that's not left should be attacked. The last think you'd do is do it.

And BTW, the Republican party is overall very liberal too. They talk about small government, then grow it. George Bush was overwhelmingly liberal. Liberals hear what people say, they don't look at what they do.

If you listen to the likes of Hannity and Limbaugh then you are just like the leftest extremists you are bashing. Two extreme ideologies who share the same pod...go figure. I honestly don't care what the media has to say especially the 24/7 news channels that go for the shock and awe value over substance. And no, I do not feel like I am being attacked by the "left," because it seems like those who attack the most are tea partiers. At least the conversations I have with tea partiers never seem to get anywhere, because they are stuck in a revolution, overthrow the government mode and any logical argument made by someone else is immediately dismissed.

You say you want to reduce the size of the federal government. My question is how the federal government going to reduce itself? How is that going to be achieved and what are the repercussions that will follow?
Sapphire AMD Radeon 6870, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:45 am

Redskin in Canada wrote:Palin?

Seriously?

Is that the best candidate the Republican Party can come up with?

I hope not, I said she was improving, not that I support her. I also listed 3 big concerns I have. What's sad is she probably is better then what Republicans will come up with. And she'll be far better then Obama or anything the Democrats will drag in off the street. What made America great was our people. Unfortunately we've turned to politicians to take it from there and they are leading to our decline which is not good for us or the world.

Redskin in Canada wrote:... and please, do not compare Palin to Reagan, ever.

I did say she failed that test, I wanted a Reagan and didn't get one

Redskin in Canada wrote:Why are the top candidates of most political parties so bad all over the world?

Is politics so abhorrent that good people are not interested to run for office anywhere anymore?

I am fed up with most leaders. I cannot point to true Statesmen/women anywhere today.

Amen
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:50 am

Deadskins wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:So Cappster, do you have any comment on the actual Tea Party views or is it just we're racists?

Interesting. So you now consider yourself a member of the Tea Party?

Fair question. I wondered if anyone would notice that and I thought no one had. Member, no. I am also not a member of the Libertarian party. My ideology is libertarian, but I believe that to to be true member of any party is to stop being a libertarian. Party membership inevitably leads to supporting the party over the individual for the "greater good." Once you do that, you have lost your focus on the individual and therefore not libertarian.

But as to "we," what I meant was they are a cause I largely identify with. As Irn-Bru and I discussed already, they are not truly libertarian, for example their war position. They are not fervently pro-war, but they are not sufficiently fervently anti-war. They are not big on social issues, but I am pro-abortion and while not focusing on them they for morality laws. Where I do connect with them is I am sick and death of unchecked government growth. That is their priority, that is the cause I identify with. I'm willing to use "we" for that cause to indicate my association with it. I'll never get a card that says I supported any political cause over the individual ever.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:56 am

Cappster wrote:If you listen to the likes of Hannity and Limbaugh then you are just like the leftest extremists you are bashing

Wow, I can't even listen to someone you disagree with? You lost me right there. BTW, I also have been a regular listener to the Edd Show, Air America (Randi Rhodes was my favorite till she was fired for going nuts), Sam Greeberg and other liberal shows. Am I allowed to listen to them or is it just Conservatives I'm not allowed to listen to?

BTW, Rush and Hannity are conservatives. When they talk fiscal issues I usually agree with them. When they talk social issues I never do. I don't lose my views listening to anyone I disagree with. I consider it sad you think you can't listen to people you disagree with. Sad, very sad.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:06 am

Cappster wrote:You say you want to reduce the size of the federal government. My question is how the federal government going to reduce itself? How is that going to be achieved and what are the repercussions that will follow?

You just cut it. Here are some ideas to start.

1) Close every overseas base except South Korea and Guantanamo, including bringing all our troops out of the Middle East. I would eventually close those. Also, close half the US bases and reduce our offensive military capability substantially.

2) Eliminate the Departments of HHS, Energy, Education, SSA and eliminate all federal funding for research (starting with medical), NPR, NEA, Public TV...

3) For the departments that survive, reduce staff by 1/2 and for the staff remaining cut their pay by 1/3 and eliminate all their benefits

4) Cut tax rates by one half and eliminate all deductions to spur the economy. Plan elimination of the IRS within one year and look at alternates like the Fair Tax.

5) Eliminate all salary and benefits for Congress and implement term limits of one term in the Senate and three in the house. Reduce Presidency to one term

6) Sell federal land to pay off the national debt

7) Eliminate the Fed and go to the gold standard (with props to Irn-Bru, champion of this one)

8) Eliminate all Federal welfare (including social security and medicare) and let States take it over as they can run it far more effectively and efficiently then the Federal government

9) Eliminate all corporate taxes to spur growth and investment

10) Eliminate all investment and savings taxes for the same reason

11) End the war on drugs

These would eliminate our debt, eliminate deficits and spur massive growth in the US economy.

cappster

Postby Cappster » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:31 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Cappster wrote:If you listen to the likes of Hannity and Limbaugh then you are just like the leftest extremists you are bashing

Wow, I can't even listen to someone you disagree with? You lost me right there. BTW, I also have been a regular listener to the Edd Show, Air America (Randi Rhodes was my favorite till she was fired for going nuts), Sam Greeberg and other liberal shows. Am I allowed to listen to them or is it just Conservatives I'm not allowed to listen to?

BTW, Rush and Hannity are conservatives. When they talk fiscal issues I usually agree with them. When they talk social issues I never do. I don't lose my views listening to anyone I disagree with. I consider it sad you think you can't listen to people you disagree with. Sad, very sad.

You can listen to whoever you like. The point I was making is that Hannity and Limbaugh bash democrats, but you are complaining about how the liberal media is always bashing republicans. I was simply stating the fact extremists are more similar than they are separate and that is why I group them together.

cappster

Postby Cappster » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:46 pm

And I will say roughly zero of the action plans you listed will by carried out by any party. I just do not believe the federal government will reduce itself. They may cut back spending a little bit, but that is about it.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:16 pm

Cappster wrote:And I will say roughly zero of the action plans you listed will by carried out by any party. I just do not believe the federal government will reduce itself. They may cut back spending a little bit, but that is about it.

They aren't going to cut anything. Spending is the source of their power. So if by what do we cut you mean what is politically going to happen by either party, I agree with you, nothing. I took your question to be what could we cut.

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:57 pm

I'm a huge fan of her show on TLC. The way I see it, Obama is the President of whom we know the least, and Sarah Palin might be the (future) President of whom we'll know the MOST. LOL

That woman is amazing. She's the female Tim Tebow of politics. Yeah! :lol:
Back and better than ever!

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:38 am

Cappster wrote:You can listen to whoever you like. The point I was making is that Hannity and Limbaugh bash democrats, but you are complaining about how the liberal media is always bashing republicans

Actually, my criticism of the media (you guys really need to buy dictionaries) is that they bash Republicans and NOT Democrats. They have a double standard. I've said that clearly and repeatedly, is it really that hard to follow? They bash Republicans, that's my my complaint? Please.

cappster

Postby Cappster » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:39 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Cappster wrote:And I will say roughly zero of the action plans you listed will by carried out by any party. I just do not believe the federal government will reduce itself. They may cut back spending a little bit, but that is about it.

They aren't going to cut anything. Spending is the source of their power. So if by what do we cut you mean what is politically going to happen by either party, I agree with you, nothing. I took your question to be what could we cut.

And this is why I believe the tea party is blowing smoke. They want to talk about what the could do instead of what they can do. The are just the same wolf in different sheep clothing.

Return to The Lounge