Sarah Palin is improving

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
kazoo

Sarah Palin is improving

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:42 pm

Sarah was on Hannity last week. She's getting to be a much better speaker. Of course it was on a friendly field with a fellow Conservative. My biggest concerns with her are still not addressed though. She did a good thing in taking up the Tea Party cause, but is her Tea Party belief genuine? My concerns:

1) Running with McCain. In theory I would say it's good to counter a big government spender on the top of the ticket with a true conservative running mate. But Cheney, who spent a career as a well respected small government conservative not only had zero impact on Bush but took up his big government spending cause and pushed it as his own. A complete disappointment.

2) Her Alaska governor's resignation speech was very disappointing to me. I wanted a Reagan I'm off to fight for the people to get the government out of their way speech. What I got sounded like an actress after a big movie talking about her next project. Reagan was always about the people, she was about Palin.

3) Back to McCain, supporting him for Senate in his re-election campaign. She may appreciate him personally for tapping her as his running mate, but I see no way a genuine small government conservative could ever support him.

She seems to have honed her ability to deliver her message. Now she needs to start working on her credibility in believing it.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

cappster

Postby Cappster » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:20 pm

Palin is a tool that is worried about lining her pockets with cash while laughing at the tea baggers on the way to the bank.
Sapphire AMD Radeon 6870, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

Hog

Postby TCIYM » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:26 pm

Palin would have done well to have remained silent and been thought a fool as opposed to speaking and removing all doubt. Her political future is a bridge to nowhere.

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:06 pm

Watch it there buddy......she may just get you "locked" in her rifle sights and pull the trigger...!!! :lol:
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:51 am

Cappster wrote:Palin is a tool that is worried about lining her pockets with cash while laughing at the tea baggers on the way to the bank.

What are you referring to with Sarah Palin?

It's ironic that I used to think of you as the only real moderate on the site, but you've moved solidly left while the country has been questioning their leftward tact. I'm curious what about the left's agenda you've connected with, Cappster
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:52 am

TCIYM wrote:Palin would have done well to have remained silent and been thought a fool as opposed to speaking and removing all doubt. Her political future is a bridge to nowhere.

What did she say you found foolish? Also, if you're going to quote Twain it's a best practice best to cite him

Hog

Postby TCIYM » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:28 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
TCIYM wrote:Palin would have done well to have remained silent and been thought a fool as opposed to speaking and removing all doubt. Her political future is a bridge to nowhere.

What did she say you found foolish? Also, if you're going to quote Twain it's a best practice best to cite him

Who is quoting Twain?

BTN

As for the foolish things Palin has said, how about a (partial) list?

“Nuclear weaponry, of course, would be the be-all, end-all of just too many people in too many parts of our planet.” -- CBS interview with Katie Couric, September 25, 2008

"As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where – where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border."
-- CBS interview with Katie Couric, September 25, 2008

"So we discussed what was going on in Africa. And never, ever did I talk about, Well, gee, is it a country or is it a continent, I just don't know about this issue."
-- Fox interview with Greta Van Susteren, November 11, 2008

“I don’t know if I should Buenos Aires or Bonjour, or… this is such a melting pot. This is beautiful. I love the diversity. Yeah. There were a whole bunch of guys named Tony in the photo line, I know that.”
-- Addressing a Charity of Hope gathering, Hamilton, Ontario, April 15, 2010

“Obviously we loved sports, and the baby was born during the spring track season.”
--Going Rogue

“Believe it or not – this was in the 60s – we used to hustle on over the border for health care that we would receive in Whitehorse…. Isn’t that kind of ironic now. Zooming over the border, getting health care from Canada.”
-- Speech in Calgary, Alberta, March 6, 2010

"The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama's 'death panel' so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their 'level of productivity in society,' whether they are worthy of health care. Such a system is downright evil."
-- Facebook, Aug. 7, 2009

"When the American people elected President Obama they gave him responsibility to handle this disaster. He promised to “heal the earth, and watch the waters recede...” or something far-fetched like that."
-- On the oil spill, May 27, 2010

“I didn’t believe the theory that human beings – thinking, loving beings – originated from fish that sprouted legs and crawled out of the sea. Or that human beings began as single-celled organisms that developed into monkeys who eventually swung down from the trees.”
--Going Rogue

“With the gray Talkeetna Mountains in the distance and the first light covering of snow about to descend on Pioneer Peak, I breathed in an autumn bouquet that combined everything small-town America with rugged splashes of the Last Frontier.”
--Going Rogue

"I think it's appalling and a violation of our freedom of the press."
—On negative media coverage of Republican congressional candidate Vaughn Ward, Boise, Idaho, May 21, 2010

"Ground Zero Mosque supporters: doesn't it stab you in the heart, as it does ours throughout the heartland? Peaceful Muslims, pls refudiate."
—On plans to build an Islamic community center near Ground Zero, via Twitter, July 18, 2010

"'Refudiate,' 'misunderestimate,' 'wee-wee'd up.' English is a living language. Shakespeare liked to coin new words too. Got to celebrate it!"
—Tweet, July 18, 2010

"I'm not politically correct. I am not one to be a word police."
-- Fox interview with Chris Wallace Feb. 7 , 2010

"I didn't really had a good answer, as so often -- is me."
--On writing notes on her hand for the Tea Party convention address, March 5, 2010

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:49 am

TCIYM wrote:Who is quoting Twain?

Mark Twain: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"

TCIYM: "Palin would have done well to have remained silent and been thought a fool as opposed to speaking and removing all doubt"

See any similarities between the quotes?

------------------

On Palin, these quotes are pretty in line with what you could come up with for most politicians if you scoured every speech and interview. And they are nothing compared to the moronic musings of Al Gore, John Kerry or Joe Biden. Do you jump in with such extreme statements when their names are brought up?

Hog

Postby TCIYM » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:44 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:

Mark Twain: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"

TCIYM: "Palin would have done well to have remained silent and been thought a fool as opposed to speaking and removing all doubt"

------------------

On Palin, these quotes are pretty in line with what you could come up with for most politicians if you scoured every speech and interview. And they are nothing compared to the moronic musings of Al Gore, John Kerry or Joe Biden. Do you jump in with such extreme statements when their names are brought up?

Actually, the paraphrase is from Solomon's Proverbs, although the quote mentioned is often attributed to Abraham Lincoln and Ben Franklin and Mark Twain and others.

Witrh regards to the second, this thread is about Palin. :D But, yes, I believe all politicians are equally "moronic", as it was termed.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:25 pm

TCIYM wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:

------------------

Actually, the paraphrase is from Solomon's Proverbs, although the quote mentioned is often attributed to Abraham Lincoln and Ben Franklin and Mark Twain and others.

OK, if you're going to quote Solomon or Abraham Lincoln it's best to cite your source...

TCIYM wrote:Witrh regards to the second, this thread is about Palin. :D But, yes, I believe all politicians are equally "moronic", as it was termed.

Fair enough. But you jumped in with such ire as soon as her name came up. My question was also if you do that when imbeciles like Gore, Kerry or Biden are brought up. Those three absolutely bury her in any contest of stupid quotes, which is the issue you said you have with her.

Hog

Postby TCIYM » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:52 pm

This is the actual proverb:

Even a fool, when he holdeth his
peace, is counted wise: and he
that shutteth his lips is esteemed
a man of understanding.
- Proverbs 17:28

Cited. Can we move on now?

cappster

Postby Cappster » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:08 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Cappster wrote:Palin is a tool that is worried about lining her pockets with cash while laughing at the tea baggers on the way to the bank.

What are you referring to with Sarah Palin?

It's ironic that I used to think of you as the only real moderate on the site, but you've moved solidly left while the country has been questioning their leftward tact. I'm curious what about the left's agenda you've connected with, Cappster

I am referring to the way she has been milking the people who believe what she says to make $$$$. I feel like she is using people for her own monetary gain by spewing her rhetoric to people with questionable intelligence. I can't really blame her for making money, but I do not agree with the method she is using to go about making her money. I mean, she did quite being Governor of Alaska to seek greener $$$$ pastures. I guess you could say that I am not only disenchanted by her, but all politicians in general.

And how are my views now liberal? Just because I don't agree with the tea party movement doesn't mean that I am a leftist thinking individual. I look at each issue individually with full disregard of which party supports my viewpoint.
Sapphire AMD Radeon 6870, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:29 pm

Cappster wrote:I am referring to the way she has been milking the people who believe what she says to make $$$$. I feel like she is using people for her own monetary gain by spewing her rhetoric to people with questionable intelligence. I can't really blame her for making money, but I do not agree with the method she is using to go about making her money

What are you basing it on that she's doing that?

Cappster wrote:And how are my views now liberal? Just because I don't agree with the tea party movement doesn't mean that I am a leftist thinking individual. I look at each issue individually with full disregard of which party supports my viewpoint.

I guess it's just my perception. The Tea Party is the only major group today who are fighting for the people against oppressive government. Yet you keep calling them stupid and ignorant. Both parties are supporting unending growth in government, I don't see you jumping into anything there passionately attacking that. What is ignorant about thinking government needs to actually be limited?

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:37 pm

TCIYM wrote:This is the actual proverb:

Even a fool, when he holdeth his
peace, is counted wise: and he
that shutteth his lips is esteemed
a man of understanding.
- Proverbs 17:28

Cited. Can we move on now?

OK

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:18 pm

So kill the pres?

..but some blacks don't really care for Obama either..

..but no, there's no racists in the midst.. right?

..BLOODSHED??? :cry:

The last picture's enough for me.. if this is whats going on in the Tea Party, I want no part of that (I googled Tea Party signs). However let me just say this though friends, no matter WHO is in the office EVERYONE will have an issue regardless of race/creed/color.. the irony... and no, I'm not too fond of Obama either but I'm also the same guy who thinks Bush is a retard but I still support him because he was our leader. Kazzo, I respect you friend, you believe in equal rights to all and all the proper things but not many in your camp do bro... and obviously you can't judge a movement because of some jerks, I can TOTALLY understand that too my friend.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally

Return to The Lounge