Sarah Palin is improving

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
Hog

Postby funbuncher » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:23 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:
funbuncher wrote:but it's ok for evolutionists to attempt to make our children share the same belief as them by teaching it in schools with our tax money?
Yes.

like the evolutionists of today, the people who insisted that the earth was flat were the scientific community of the day.
Not true. the flat earth theory comes from religious fanatics whom ignored the scientific information available at the time and "interpreted the bible" to argue the flat earth theory. I actually wrote an award-winning dissertation on this interesting part of the history of science. So, trust me, you do not wish to argue that "the best scientific community of the day" made this argument.

not my view, God's view.

You see? It is impossible to reason and discuss respect when the name of God is invoked as the single justification for your conduct.

I get it. God and you against the rest of the world.

This is what fundamentalism is about: a narrow, adversarial, selfish, often ill-informed and wrong interpretation of ANY religious scriptures.

honestly, if I had come on this board professing my gayness would you be telling me the "problem" with my views, and insulting my character by telling me who you think I abhor and calling me intolerant? It appears that you are intolerant of Christianity in particular, but you prefer to veil it by having a problem with "fundamentalists" in general.
Again, nothing could be further from the truth. I am a Christian. I just hate to see my and other religions which I respect being misused for political and military manipulation.

Where are your examples of death and destruction caused by Islamic fundamentalists who are actively looking to try to kill as many non-believers as possible and whose holy scriptures include verses like these...
My criticism and condemnation for ALL forms of fundamentalism of all religions has been consistent. You seem to be the one arguing that YOUR FORM of fundamentalism is RIGHT because ... it is YOURS (in the name of God and the scriptures as you see them of course).

If you have read nothing I have written to you this past week, please read these words of Jesus' that I copied and pasted from Luke chapter 6...

What's a good argument without a good thump of the book, eh?

It doesn't appear that I am making any progress here other than angering the atheist majority. probably bout time to go back to talking about football, but sadly there is no football. my goal was to clear up the myth that Christians are out to judge people. Hopefully somebody got that.

Definition of an atheist: ANYBODY who does not see the world exactly according to your own narrow and righteous interpretation of the Bible.

[/quote]

Well you brought up a hundred points and I don't have time to address each one (again), but let's go ahead and put one of your favorite points to bed, that I am misinterpreting what God has said on the subject of homosexuality...

Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is an abomination. (Leviticus 18:22 KJV)

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. (Leviticus 20:13 KJV)

what follows is my "narrow interpretation"... read carefully as I stayed up all night narrowly interpreting those two verses...

Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is an abomination.

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Granted, I'm not pompous enough to mention the fancy awards I received for that dissertation, but at least I got to "thump" The Book again. how bout a couple more good thumps and I'll be out...

In the last days mockers will come and, following their own desires, will ridicule us. 2 Peter 3:3

This is especially true of those who follow their corrupt nature along the path of impure desires and who despise the Lord's authority. These false teachers are bold and arrogant. They aren't afraid to insult the [Lord's] glory. 2 Peter 2:10

There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day. John 12:48

So you mock me for referencing God's Word, but you reference... YOURSELF! and then let us know that a bunch of elitist libs liked your "award-winning" paper on the evils of Christianity? lol

we can all see you're very proud, and I assure you that we're all properly impressed. I guess that's the final word on the subject since you won an award for it? lol No need to argue against that, but the Word of God, that certainly needs to be met with your skepticism and mocking. We can't possibly take that literally!

Get over yourself.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:28 am

Funbuncher, do you see any differences between the Old Testament and the New Testament?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:54 am

I can't imagine caring what consenting adults who aren't harming anyone do in the privacy of their own homes.

And yep, Deadskins. God said a lot of stuff in the old testament. Do you eat pork, funbuncher? Do you stone women for adultery? Do you worship on Saturday? Or are there just some things that God meant more then others and you will speak for him as to which are which?
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:48 am

funbuncher wrote:Well you brought up a hundred points and I don't have time to address each one (again), but let's go ahead and put one of your favorite points to bed, that I am misinterpreting what God has said on the subject of homosexuality...

So ... you pick what you feel is your strongest point and the point that you care about the most? And you ignore all other points? :roll:

Look man, the point is very plain and simple:

You cannot impose your personal moral views on others in a free society.

Nobody forces you to accept other people's behaviour and you have a perfect right to uphold your values and views as dearly as you want.

I am a Christian and a Catholic. I know that you feel that this is an imperfect form of worshiping the Lord but I could careless how you feel about my moral, ethical or religious views as long as we respect one another and our views.

Hey, you are a Redskin fan and you are already a good guy in my book for it. I know that there are many good people who have followed the fundamentalist path in SEVERAL religions. Some of them are great persons individually. The risk is when as a GROUP they begin to attempt to impose their views on others as the SOLE and ONLY truth.

Peace brother.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Return to The Lounge