SI Projects The Redskins Drafting Cam Newton

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1029
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:08 pm
Location: Right On The Edge Of Goodbye

Postby Redskins_Fanatic » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:54 pm

SkinsJock wrote:where do you come up with tripe like this?


From PRINCIPLES, something that most sports fans in general don't have the slightest understanding of.

SkinsJock wrote:why oh why do you stay here and make us so aware of your level of credibility?


Mostly because it's about the only place where I can come and expound on my exasperation at this team without getting myself in serious criminal trouble.

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:42 pm

Redskins_Fanatic wrote:From PRINCIPLES, something that most sports fans in general don't have the slightest understanding of

You keep referring to these principles, but don't enumerate them exactly. What specific principles are you applying to the team that us pagans don't recognize?
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

08 Champ
Posts: 13411
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:07 pm

Redskins_Fanatic wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:where do you come up with tripe like this?


From PRINCIPLES, something that most sports fans in general don't have the slightest understanding of.

SkinsJock wrote:why oh why do you stay here and make us so aware of your level of credibility?


Mostly because it's about the only place where I can come and expound on my exasperation at this team without getting myself in serious criminal trouble.


thanks for trying to make sense of the posts and your continued presence here - I'm not going to be a part of the circus that you seem so focused on participating in here - there are a number of posters here that will "help" you much better than I can - have fun :)



Jock O
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL


Currently 50-41

DarthMonk
Posts: 4455
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:47 pm

Redskins_Fanatic wrote:YOU MISSED A COUPLE OF THINGS......

Apparently you and I look at opposite things in these types of reports. I look for the NEGATIVES, which Mallet has in every single category. Sorry, but that's not the sort of guy I have ANY interest in spending the #10 pick on.

As I've said before, if we select him he will be like Campbell, a guy I hope fails miserably while we win as a team.


Ignoring your mental/verbal masturbation I'll simply respond:

I mentioned the negatives by leaving them in white and even commented on them as you yourself noted below by quoting me:

DarthMonk wrote:His upside is huge. His uncoachable tools are elite, and his weaknesses appear to be the things that are coachable.

Could become anything from a rich-man's Joe Flacco to a Ryan Leaf.


I look for the POSITIVES AND THE NEGATIVES and comment on both.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1029
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:08 pm
Location: Right On The Edge Of Goodbye

Postby Redskins_Fanatic » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:20 pm

DarthMonk wrote:I look for the POSITIVES AND THE NEGATIVES and comment on both.


I don't see the glass as half-full OR half-empty. If it's anything less than completely and TOTALLY FULL it may as well be COMPLETELY EMPTY so far as I am concerned.

^^^^^^^
Posts: 9017
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:52 pm

Postby frankcal20 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:31 am

Isn't Mallett going to stay another year in school? Thought he was granted a 6th year of eligibility. I could have him mixed up with someone else though.

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:59 pm

frankcal20 wrote:Isn't Mallett going to stay another year in school? Thought he was granted a 6th year of eligibility. I could have him mixed up with someone else though.

I thought I heard he was coming out, but I'm not sure either
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

DarthMonk
Posts: 4455
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:01 pm

Redskins_Fanatic wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:I look for the POSITIVES AND THE NEGATIVES and comment on both.


I don't see the glass as half-full OR half-empty. If it's anything less than completely and TOTALLY FULL it may as well be COMPLETELY EMPTY so far as I am concerned.


Redskins_Fanatic wrote:There are two words which keep ringing in my ears which give some sort of brightness to the next three weeks as we limp to the end lf a 5-11 season. These words are a hope, a dream, and really nothing more. These words are....

Cam Newton

Of course it will take a bit of "Luck" to make it happen. If Luck doesn't come out and Newton does, we are hosed. Newton would be gone before we get to pick in that case. Even if he does, we have to hope that someone doesn't jump over us to take Newton.

Still, he's one of a very small number of things that keeps me hanging on during this wretched season.


... ahem.

I guess Cam's glass is "completely and TOTALLY FULL." So is someone else's if you know what I mean.

Oops ... forgot to ignore. Stay tuned for gymnastic wiggling via the message board.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Canes Skin
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:02 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA

Postby CanesSkins26 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:47 pm

markshark84 wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:Shanahan isn't going to draft a 2-3 year project qb. We don't have that luxury. He is far more likely to go after more NFL-ready qb's like Mallet and Locker.


Not sure Locker is NFL ready either. Take it for what it's worth, but he doesn't have great games against top opponents.


I think he's NFL-ready in the sense that he has played in a pro-style offense and is coached by Sarkisian, who is known for developing qb's. Does he have things to work on (i.e. accuracy)? Absolutely.

In terms of not having great games against top opponents, part of the problem is that he really has no supporting cast. Washington, as a team, is garbage.
Suck and Luck

**LPJ**
Posts: 6385
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:21 pm

Guys, what if.. WHAT IF.. we signed Orton from Denver with Rex backing him up? That way no need to even draft a qb (unless you do it for the future) but at the same time we could use that pick for other needs.. your thoughts?
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

the 'mudge
Posts: 14642
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:23 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:Guys, what if.. WHAT IF.. we signed Orton from Denver with Rex backing him up? That way no need to even draft a qb (unless you do it for the future) but at the same time we could use that pick for other needs.. your thoughts?


Ummm... how'd that work in Chitown?
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

**LPJ**
Posts: 6385
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:32 pm

Countertrey wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:Guys, what if.. WHAT IF.. we signed Orton from Denver with Rex backing him up? That way no need to even draft a qb (unless you do it for the future) but at the same time we could use that pick for other needs.. your thoughts?


Ummm... how'd that work in Chitown?


buuuuuuuut... how did B Lloyd work on those other teams (as he's a pro-bowler now)? how did ALL those former Skins who are playing good elsewhere worked for us (as some are in the playoffs this year). come on bro, you know a new town is a new beginning and its not like Orton was a bum this year
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Canes Skin
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:02 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA

Postby CanesSkins26 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:47 pm

frankcal20 wrote:Isn't Mallett going to stay another year in school? Thought he was granted a 6th year of eligibility. I could have him mixed up with someone else though.


I think that you are confusing Mallett with someone else. He was a redshirt junior this past season and still has a year a eligibility. However, it doesn't really matter because he has already announced that he is entering the draft.
Suck and Luck

^^^^^^^
Posts: 9017
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:52 pm

Postby frankcal20 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:50 pm

Well that's that. I'm still hoping for a lineman in the draft if someone is worth drafting at #10. If not, there's got to be someone at another position of need to draft other than QB.

Canes Skin
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:02 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA

Postby CanesSkins26 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:21 pm

frankcal20 wrote:Well that's that. I'm still hoping for a lineman in the draft if someone is worth drafting at #10. If not, there's got to be someone at another position of need to draft other than QB.


I don't think that there is a lineman worth taking at #10. There's a lack of elite OL talent in this draft. Plus, we are set going into the season at tackle with Trent at LT and Brown at RT. I don't think that it makes much sense to use a top 10 pick on a guard or a center. Would be nice if Gabbert would fall to us, but I doubt it happens. Maybe we take a receiver?
Suck and Luck

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010