Prediction's for the Jets game

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Postby Bob the Jets Fan » Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:58 am

No, they don't suck. They're average.

I love the Jets, but they weren't exactly world-beaters last year. As Patsies and Phish fans like to remind us, we won the division on tie-breakers in a three-way tie.

You'll be swearing at Hall before the year is over, just like we used to. Pennington made Coles, and that's going to become very apparent very quickly. Thomas is probably the best guy you took from us. We'll miss him, but that's about it.
Bob the Jets Fan
Visit my website!

piglet

Postby JonEJetsters » Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:00 am

Bob the Jets Fan wrote:No, they don't suck. They're average.

I love the Jets, but they weren't exactly world-beaters last year. As Patsies and Phish fans like to remind us, we won the division on tie-breakers in a three-way tie.

You'll be swearing at Hall before the year is over, just like we used to. Pennington made Coles, and that's going to become very apparent very quickly. Thomas is probably the best guy you took from us. We'll miss him, but that's about it.

Bob, the only guy we will miss is Richie Anderson......he plays for the Pokies!!
Coles.....Dead
Thomas....Dead
Hall......Dead
Morton....Dead
Spurrier..Fu*k Him

Postby Bob the Jets Fan » Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:00 am

skinsfaninroanoke wrote:I'll tell you a story about a wolf who couldn't quite reach the grapes in a tree and figured they must be sour because he couldn't have them.

Actually, bud, that was a fox. But you keep trying. One of these days, you're going to get something right.
Bob the Jets Fan
Visit my website!

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:02 am

jon- so i take it you don't like my prediction? dewbag, you can do better than that can't you?
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:02 am

By the way - nice web site - I liked the tailgating party pic - you bringing the truck to FedEx field? :)

They are better than avg, with Coles being phenominal. I watched him make some stupendous catches along with 98% of the normal catches. He stumbled for a 20 yard gain after the catch in one game. Match him up with Gardener and Jacobs on the same field and most 4-3 defenses will be hard pressed not letting someone open. Especially with Jacobs in the slot being guarded by a safety.

Pennington will be a free agent next year too, by the way :twisted:

You'll more than miss Thomas when people pour through your guard slot to chase the 40 yr old QB around until he trips on his own feet.
Rich in Roanoke

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:03 am

That's just silly. You didn't take anybody that important.

#1 wide receiver, starting guard, #2 KR in the NFL and your kicker... nobody important?

Well we didn't take Pennington or Martin, but saying that we took 'nobody important' is in your own word, 'just silly'.

I know a few Jets fans up here in Canada and I know there weren't any of them singing the 'Coles ain't that good' tune in 2002...
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:04 am

Bob the Jets Fan wrote:Actually, bud, that was a fox. But you keep trying. One of these days, you're going to get something right.

Once again you are irrelevant and not much of a football fan if you can't talk football better than you are. Just get on the Jets bandwagon last year did we?
Rich in Roanoke

Postby THE_SOOTHSAYER » Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:04 am

Hey fellas, think it's a coincidence that Cole$ was nothing but an average receiver at best until Pennington took over the team? Ramsey is no Pennington. He's not even a Testaverde at this point. I'd be very surprised if you saw the same type of production from Cole$ without Chad tossing him the rock. No way that guy was worth a $13.5MM bonus.

Also, ever think that Morton's success might be attributed to the best special teams coach in the NFL (Mike Westhoff)? Hell, an obscure WR Craig Yeast was in the top five kickoff returners in the NFL under Westhoff for the Jets before Morton was here. $8.5MM Bonus for a guy that returns kicks??

Please.

Thomas was a good pickup but you overpaid for him too.
Last edited by THE_SOOTHSAYER on Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

piglet

Postby JonEJetsters » Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:05 am

hailskins666 wrote:jon- so i take it you don't like my prediction? dewbag, you can do better than that can't you?

I can...but I like to keep it clean.

Your prediction is assinine. I'd imagine you to be the same.

Should've known...A fu*king ECU guy! :roll:

Or maybe you couldn't get in! :o
Last edited by JonEJetsters on Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coles.....Dead
Thomas....Dead
Hall......Dead
Morton....Dead
Spurrier..Fu*k Him

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:07 am

yea roanoke, he got on the bandwagon about the time of the playoffs last year.... go figure.
THN's resident jerk.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:09 am

Let's keep it clean boys.

No need for name calling or cursing. If that's a hardship, just take it to the Talking Smack forum, that's what it's there for.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

piglet

Postby JonEJetsters » Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:09 am

skinsfaninroanoke wrote:By the way - nice web site - I liked the tailgating party pic - you bringing the truck to FedEx field? :)

No, but the running lanes for Curtis should be about that wide!!
Coles.....Dead
Thomas....Dead
Hall......Dead
Morton....Dead
Spurrier..Fu*k Him

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:10 am

JonEJetsters wrote:Your prediction is as**nine.

By the way - that would be spelled incorrectly. "Keep trying, you might get something right."
Last edited by skinsfaninroanoke on Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rich in Roanoke

piglet

Postby JonEJetsters » Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:10 am

BossHog wrote:Let's keep it clean boys.

No need for name calling or cursing. If that's a hardship, just take it to the Talking Smack forum, that's what it's there for.

No harm intended!!
Coles.....Dead
Thomas....Dead
Hall......Dead
Morton....Dead
Spurrier..Fu*k Him

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:11 am

jon, whats assinine about it? sounds pretty right to me. as for the ecu thing, no, lived here all my life, never tried to get into ecu. got into construction and am currently pursuing my general contractors license.
THN's resident jerk.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football