Who will be the best player from this draft?

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
B-rad

Who will be the best player from this draft?

Postby brad7686 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:23 am

I'm going with Ingram.

I know its old fashioned to take a rb top ten, so I don't expect to draft him. But he will be a problem.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:52 am

The most talented player in this draft is AJ Green. I don't know if he'll be the best, but in terms of physical ability he is ahead of everyone else.
Suck and Luck

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:50 am

yea that's my second choice, WR is just more boom or bust. Same with Newton, he could end up being the best by a long shot or he could also be crap.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Hog

Postby skins2357 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:49 am

Im going to go boom or bust on the other side of the ball and say Robert Quinn. I think this dude is going to be a monster if put in the right situation. I was calling for him at 10 by the Redskins to play OLB, but the more I looked at him and thought about it, he may be too big to play there at 6'4 280 lb.

If drafted by a 4-3 team, I could see him being a M. Williams type speed rusher for years to come. He has that size and speed that you dont see too often. I read something saying he ran a 4.55 40 yd dash while weighing 285 lbs. Thats the speed of a possession receiver while carrying 100 lbs more weight. CRAZY
Mike/Bruce - If your going to spring big this year in Free Agency, please spring big on offensive lineman! I cant watch Rabach anymore!

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:00 pm

Von Miller! Everyone talks about the "Next L.T." This guy will make a name for himself at OLB.

Pacman Rules

Postby gay4pacman » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:11 am

von and saco would be a fast twosome coming off the edges for years to come...i like the idea of setting up a woodley harrison type combo for the future at olb. if you have guys that can dominate the edges in the 3-4 u are going to be tough to deal with.
I know this guy named Jimmy, he has a pet....POSTERNUTBAG! Thats his cats name, POSTERNUTBAG!!!

Pushing Paper

Re: Who will be the best player from this draft?

Postby PulpExposure » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:44 am

brad7686 wrote:I'm going with Ingram.

I know its old fashioned to take a rb top ten, so I don't expect to draft him. But he will be a problem.

Yeah, from watching him in college, I really like him also. He's the complete package; speed and power.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:31 pm

This thread is producing some great choices-

I definitely am staying with Von Miller but I have to comment on the three other guys picked in this thread"

Ingram will most likely be on the board at 10 - It will be tough to pass on him, but with our needs, I think everybody understands why. Ingram will be a great player for whatever team gets him. Hopefully, a team with a decent O line.

I love A.J. Green. He looks like a sure bet to be a stud receiver in this league for years to come.

Robert Quinn - I just don't know enough about. Mostly because he didn't play last year. I just looked at highlights of him and yes, this guy is one helluva athlete. Don't know how his pass coverage skills are but as a pass rusher, whether in a 3-4 or 4-3, this guy is going to be a beast.

Great choices. Love to see more on this thread!

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:12 pm

I definitely agree we have more pressing needs than RB, but in a vacuum, if RB is the best player at that pick, you make it. I don't think you necessarily have to stratify by position always.

Look at the 1990 draft. The Patriots drafted 10th, and got Ray Agnew, who was played 11 years in the NFL (5 with the Patriots), and got 22.5 sacks over those 11 seasons. A decent player, but never made the pro bowl - basically, nothing special. Emmitt Smith went 17th in that draft...

If a team thinks Ingram is the next Emmitt Smith (or the next great RB), you take him, regardless of draft pick position, really.

Hog

Postby funbuncher » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:49 am

Julio Jones and Ryan Mallet.

I've seen both of these guys absolutely take over games against quality SEC defenses. these are the kinds of players that when they get in the zone, it's obvious they are just better than the other 21 guys on the field.

I know Mallet has some questions about his character, but it's a bit overblown. his teammates and coaches love him. he's more of a student of the game than he is given credit for, and you don't need me to tell you about his physical tools. I think the guy will be a big-time franchise QB in the league. He has the potential and love of the game to be great.

Julio was dominant despite the run first offense he played in. He single-handedly dismantled my poor Vols in October. seems like the kind of guy that won't be intimidated by the NFL speed transition either. I remember his first college game in the Kick-off classic in Atlanta, he was the #1 overall high-school recruit in the country (if memory serves), and Saban threw him right in the fire and he immediately backed up the hype. the guy is for real.

fingers crossed at least one of them finds their way into the burgandy and gold.

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:26 am

I'll bet the best player turns out to be some second or third rounder we've never even thought of. Maybe someone like Andy Dalton goes to a team with the perfect opportunity to sit for a year and then shines. Say he wins 2-3 Super Bowls.

I just think the best player will take us by surprise.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:18 am

Skinsfan55 wrote:I'll bet the best player turns out to be some second or third rounder we've never even thought of. Maybe someone like Andy Dalton goes to a team with the perfect opportunity to sit for a year and then shines. Say he wins 2-3 Super Bowls.

I just think the best player will take us by surprise.

If we are lucky enough to draft Dalton. It will take him at least a year to learn the offense, so he would sit for a year. 2-3 Super Bowls? As a Redskin, I can go for that.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:45 pm

Honestly I think the top three players are.

Patrick Peterson, Von Miller and Mark Ingram. Overall players is what I am talking about.

My pick as best player coming out is Patrick Peterson. However if any of the mentioned above players happens to fall to no. 10 its a no brainer for me.

Mark Ingram over AJ Green all day. The need at RB is much more important now then our need for a WR. News flash we dont have a really solid QB so we are going to need a running game.
Last edited by HEROHAMO on Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:49 pm

That's an easy question to answer.. whoever the Redskins pick! :D

I'm such a dag gone homer
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:45 am

The running game is highly dependent on the o line. You think that if Emmitt went to detriot and Barry went to the pukes that there would be any discussion on who was the best back? HELL NO, Barry didn't have crap for support, and he was still great. All on his own.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010