PLEASE ANSWER THIS FOR ME

New to the board? Please check out the rules here first. We will also post news about the website here.
swine

PLEASE ANSWER THIS FOR ME

Postby fanforlife » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:00 am

Hello everybody. My name is FANFORLIFE & as you can probably tell I'm the resident "newbie" around here. I've been a blogger over at the "official" site for about a year now, but I've been a "die hard" for 30 out of my 38 years of life. My favorites of all time are J. Riggins, Art Monk, Darrel Green, Joe Jacoby, Dave Butz & honestly I can't stop. The list goes on. I LOVE them all. I really like this site & I can't wait to get to know all the "characters" around here.

I do have a honest question & this may be funny to all of you but please bear with me while I get fully used to this site & how it works...HOW DO I ADD A QUOTE FROM SOMEBODY'S POST? I see a lot of posts that start off with "so & so wrote" & then the person adds his comments to it. Does it have anything to do with the "quote" icon at the top right of the post? Again please bear with me while I get accustom to this site.

Finally, I just want to say "thank you" to all that have welcomed me so far & to all that will welcome me in the future.
as always...HTTR!!!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:25 am

You see the line at the top of the square that says:

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:00 am Post subject: PLEASE ANSWER THIS FOR ME

Well to the right of that it says "Quote", click that and it'll reload the screen for a posting with who you quoted.

Hope it helps and welcome!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally

swine

Postby fanforlife » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:38 am

Thanks langleyparkjoe. Can a person also quote PART of a post? If so, do you do it in the same manner or do you have to do it a different way? :?:
as always...HTTR!!!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:09 pm

fanforlife wrote:Thanks langleyparkjoe. Can a person also quote PART of a post? If so, do you do it in the same manner or do you have to do it a different way? :?:

Quote the whole thing, then edit it int he edit pane. Not a big deal, really.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to Site News & Welcome Wagon