2011 NFL Draft Night Thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun May 01, 2011 1:20 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:So How many starters did we get?

I say maybe 4 and only 6 make the active roster.

I assume you mean 4 eventual starters because no way do 4 of them start on opening day

If you'd said that it is unlikely that as many as 4 of them will be opening day starters, I'd agree. But I actually don't think it's impossible.

Kerrigan and Jenkins should be starters straight away. Hankerson is a good bet, especially if Moss moves on. And either Helu or Royster could possibly displace Torrain as the presumed starter. If I had to bet right now, I'd say that 2 of them will be starters on opening day, but it really could be 4.

I still think it's very remote. I agree Kerrigan and Jenkins are both strong possibilities, but the odds of any one of the rest starting it's pretty remote and two remote squared. Though I'd agree 4 may get playing time pretty quickly.

The ace up my sleeve is that even if there is a season there won't be a camp or probably a pre-season and the odds of any of them even #1 and #2 actually starting is probably pretty close to zippo. But even in a normal year it's a stretch. Anyway, you did just argue for unlikely and not impossible.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Sun May 01, 2011 1:39 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:

I assume you mean 4 eventual starters because no way do 4 of them start on opening day

If you'd said that it is unlikely that as many as 4 of them will be opening day starters, I'd agree. But I actually don't think it's impossible.

Kerrigan and Jenkins should be starters straight away. Hankerson is a good bet, especially if Moss moves on. And either Helu or Royster could possibly displace Torrain as the presumed starter. If I had to bet right now, I'd say that 2 of them will be starters on opening day, but it really could be 4.

I think, at most, you have one, maybe two of these guys starting on Day 1. Kerrigan is the only draftee that I expect to start early on, especially with the uncertainty of the lockout.
Suck and Luck

Postby skinsfan#33 » Sun May 01, 2011 2:21 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:
UK Skins Fan wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:

I think, at most, you have one, maybe two of these guys starting on Day 1. Kerrigan is the only draftee that I expect to start early on, especially with the uncertainty of the lockout.

We dont have a #1 or #2 wr on our roster, so one of the wrs drafted will start, maybe two of them. We don't have a DE or NT that can start, so there is a chance there for two starters. The rb may start, when Torain goes down from a hangnail.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Sun May 01, 2011 2:31 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:
UK Skins Fan wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:

We dont have a #1 or #2 wr on our roster, so one of the wrs drafted will start, maybe two of them. We don't have a DE or NT that can start, so there is a chance there for two starters. The rb may start, when Torain goes down from a hangnail.

Jenkins has to get in better shape before he can start. Hankerson could start, but I expect us to re-sign Moss. One of the rb's may start, but expecting any of the late rounders to start is insanity. When was the last time you remember a non first or second rounder starting week 1? It's a HUGE transition to go from college to the NFL.
Suck and Luck

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun May 01, 2011 2:48 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:We dont have a #1 or #2 wr on our roster, so one of the wrs drafted will start, maybe two of them. We don't have a DE or NT that can start, so there is a chance there for two starters. The rb may start, when Torain goes down from a hangnail.

You do realize there will at some point be a free agency before there is a season, no?
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Postby skinsfan#33 » Sun May 01, 2011 4:35 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:We dont have a #1 or #2 wr on our roster, so one of the wrs drafted will start, maybe two of them. We don't have a DE or NT that can start, so there is a chance there for two starters. The rb may start, when Torain goes down from a hangnail.

You do realize there will at some point be a free agency before there is a season, no?

Yes, yes I do.

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

Postby skinsfan#33 » Sun May 01, 2011 4:51 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:
UK Skins Fan wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:

Jenkins has to get in better shape before he can start. Hankerson could start, but I expect us to re-sign Moss. One of the rb's may start, but expecting any of the late rounders to start is insanity. When was the last time you remember a non first or second rounder starting week 1? It's a HUGE transition to go from college to the NFL.

I never said week 1, but I do expect at least four of these guys to end up being starters at some point in the season. Heck Sean Taylor and Chris Cooley weren't week 1 starters their rookie seasons, but I would say the Skins got starters with those picks.

Horton was a starters his rookie season, but he didn't start week 1.

I don't think with as talent deprived as this team is that it is unrealistic to expect 1/3 of their rookies to start during the season and it isn't crazy to think half won't start.

I almost guarantee Hankerson and Jenkins will start this year and Helu is a good bet to start some games too.

I think Moss should be back, but I don't think he will be back.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun May 01, 2011 4:56 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:

Yes, yes I do.

Cool Now, do you understand the implication of that regarding your post?

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Sun May 01, 2011 6:39 pm

hahaha... SB baby!!! and yes I mean it! *nodding head up and down*
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Sun May 01, 2011 10:31 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:

Yes, yes I do.

Yes, yes I do.

For some reason I don't think we will sign any top notch fa wr and I don't even think Moss will be back.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon May 02, 2011 7:11 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:

Yes, yes I do.

Yes, yes I do.

For some reason I don't think we will sign any top notch fa wr and I don't even think Moss will be back.

There is just a tad bit of a middle ground between starting rookie late round draft picks and finding "top notch" receivers

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon May 02, 2011 7:36 am

Santana "The Cowboy Killa" Moss will be returning for another season with the Washington Redskins.

-Me

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon May 02, 2011 7:42 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:Santana "The Cowboy Killa" Moss will be returning for another season with the Washington Redskins.

-Me

Something about your posts reminds me of this...

"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon May 02, 2011 8:13 am

Countertrey wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:Santana "The Cowboy Killa" Moss will be returning for another season with the Washington Redskins.

-Me

Something about your posts reminds me of this...

I resemble that remark

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Mon May 02, 2011 8:16 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:

Is Carriker a FA as well?
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football