Madden 12

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
Hog

Postby fabe » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:32 pm

Cappster wrote:
fabe wrote:I bet the new Madden still has clueless O-Linemen that stare at an unblocked defender as he's charging in the backfield. This has been Madden's longest running feature. EA is crap.

HAHA I didn't see your post before I posted! That is one of the same exact issues I have been running into that is really making me mad. PA pass= sack just about everytime.

That feature is in every Madden. People think they're paying for simulation football but they're really just paying for roster updates. Canned animations, suction blocking/tackling, super jumps from defenders, motion shifting when the ball is in the air, db's knowing a recievers route better than the reciever. This is what happens when Madden has no competition. I can't wait until the NFL license expires. Maybe 2k can come back and make another amazing, realistic football game. Like I said in my previous post: EA is crap.

Postby redskinz4ever » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:27 pm

fabe wrote:
Cappster wrote:
fabe wrote:I bet the new Madden still has clueless O-Linemen that stare at an unblocked defender as he's charging in the backfield. This has been Madden's longest running feature. EA is crap.

HAHA I didn't see your post before I posted! That is one of the same exact issues I have been running into that is really making me mad. PA pass= sack just about everytime.

That feature is in every Madden. People think they're paying for simulation football but they're really just paying for roster updates. Canned animations, suction blocking/tackling, super jumps from defenders, motion shifting when the ball is in the air, db's knowing a recievers route better than the reciever. This is what happens when Madden has no competition. I can't wait until the NFL license expires. Maybe 2k can come back and make another amazing, realistic football game. Like I said in my previous post: EA is crap.
i m iss other NFL football games
TOUCHDOWN .....WASHINGTON REDSKINS !!!!

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:48 pm

This year's Madden has some nice features. New collisions, nice graphics, camera angles etc. but it's really obvious that they rushed this game. The audio is horrendous!

Like redskinz4ever already pointed out the commentators are repetitive (as usual), but now they don't even point out things that they did last year. Last year, for example, when there was an injury during a play the commentators would say who was hurt and one of the canned messages would kind of indicate the severity of the injury. Now when a player gets hurt nothing is mentioned at all. It's actually pretty annoying.

Postby redskinz4ever » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:18 pm

44diesel wrote:This year's Madden has some nice features. New collisions, nice graphics, camera angles etc. but it's really obvious that they rushed this game. The audio is horrendous!

Like redskinz4ever already pointed out the commentators are repetitive (as usual), but now they don't even point out things that they did last year. Last year, for example, when there was an injury during a play the commentators would say who was hurt and one of the canned messages would kind of indicate the severity of the injury. Now when a player gets hurt nothing is mentioned at all. It's actually pretty annoying.
also they talk about a play that is a play behind @ times.how do you see this match up geeeesssssh over and over

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:54 pm

also when they talk about the "key players" it's always Chris Cooley on offense and London Fletcher on defense. If I hear about "...the former point guard from John Carroll..." one more time, I'm gonna go insane.

This could've been such a cool feature, but instead it makes me reach for the mute button on the remote.
"Givin'em the Business!"

Hog

Postby jeremyroyce » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:23 pm

44diesel wrote:This year's Madden has some nice features. New collisions, nice graphics, camera angles etc. but it's really obvious that they rushed this game. The audio is horrendous!

I completely agree. There were some things that they added this year that I like but also Madden 11 had some things that I really loved and they did not add them on there. I loved the extra point. The audio is not very good for this year and yes I agree regarding the injuries play is stopped and it says that there is an injury but no announcement like Madden 11. I still love the game though.

Hog

Postby fabe » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:40 pm

jeremyroyce wrote:

I completely agree. There were some things that they added this year that I like but also Madden 11 had some things that I really loved and they did not add them on there. I loved the extra point. The audio is not very good for this year and yes I agree regarding the injuries play is stopped and it says that there is an injury but no announcement like Madden 11. I still love the game though.

Can you still put in an injured rb and score a 30 yard td run? :roll:

Hog

Postby fabe » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:56 pm

redskinz4ever wrote:
fabe wrote:
Cappster wrote:

i m iss other NFL football games

If you haven't heard of it, Backbreaker looked awesome but I only got to play the demo. They also have a new Backbreaker Vengeance. What makes these games total eye-candy is that they don't use animations for anyone on the field. It's all done with natural motion, and real physics. And since there's no animations you'll never get any suction blocking or tackling and no jams in animations. They also use their created Euphoira tackling, which uses pure momentum to deliver each tackle. When you combine that with the ragdoll feature, you'll never get two of the same tackle and they also make all of them look devastating.

Hog

Postby jeremyroyce » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:55 am

fabe wrote:
jeremyroyce wrote:

I haven't had that happen yet.

Hog

Postby fabe » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:36 am

jeremyroyce wrote:
fabe wrote:
jeremyroyce wrote:

Try putting in an injured back and watch him make one of the best plays of his career, holding his side the whole time. In 2k5, a game 7 years old, I once had my wr doing a streak route and right as he sprinted from the los, before he even got to the down marker, he pulled his hamstring and limped for the rest of the play, then limped off the field. I thought it was very realistic because I know that in Madden you don't pull hamstrings right from the gate. You only get injured during tackles or big blocks.

Postby redskinz4ever » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:11 pm

44diesel wrote:also when they talk about the "key players" it's always Chris Cooley on offense and London Fletcher on defense. If I hear about "...the former point guard from John Carroll..." one more time, I'm gonna go insane.

This could've been such a cool feature, but instead it makes me reach for the mute button on the remote.
like what about orakpo on D and moss on O :roll:

Postby redskinz4ever » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:13 pm

fabe wrote:
jeremyroyce wrote:
fabe wrote:
jeremyroyce wrote:

Try putting in an injured back and watch him make one of the best plays of his career, holding his side the whole time. In 2k5, a game 7 years old, I once had my wr doing a streak route and right as he sprinted from the los, before he even got to the down marker, he pulled his hamstring and limped for the rest of the play, then limped off the field. I thought it was very realistic because I know that in Madden you don't pull hamstrings right from the gate. You only get injured during tackles or big blocks.
thats sounds pretty cool

Postby redskinz4ever » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:13 pm

fabe wrote:
jeremyroyce wrote:
fabe wrote:
jeremyroyce wrote:

thats sounds pretty cool

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:03 am

I don't know if this is happening on anyone else's game, but it seems that every home game is in the freakin' rain! It's as if FedEx field is in the middle of the Amazon rain forest.
"Givin'em the Business!"

Hog

Postby fabe » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:37 pm

44diesel wrote:I don't know if this is happening on anyone else's game, but it seems that every home game is in the freakin' rain! It's as if FedEx field is in the middle of the Amazon rain forest.

It does rain a lot here (taking this month for example).

Return to The Lounge