MD TERPS FOOTBALL!

Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!
**LPJ**

MD TERPS FOOTBALL!

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:45 am

Congrats to my Terps!!! I know I know, Miami was missing 2 of their starters and all that but what does that mean? NOTHING!

However, the "2 Face" (Batman) look of last night's uniform was gawd-awful.

At least Danny OBrian looked pretty good. I mean, he def. shoulda ran in for the touchdown try when he threw that INT but I think he'll get better as the season moves along. Other than that though, we have some real playmakers @ the WR and RB position. I especially like that TE we have, I dont' know how to spell his name.. Firstenberg or something like that. He reminded me of Gates out there- big body, runs pretty well. Did anyone see the INT/TD run by our DLman? (name escapes me right now). He was faaaaaaaaast for a big man of that size.

Looking forward to more Terp games... BEAT VA TECH!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:52 am

Them's some fugly unis! Couldn't find a picture... but, even if I did, I wouldn't have posted it... don't want to scare the women and chillins...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby MDSKINSFAN » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:27 pm

It's gonna be a fun year. We have the best QB in the ACC. The uni's were awful. They should never be worn again.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:06 pm

Great game! O'Brien's a heck of a quarterback. It's going to be great having him the next few years. Though if we could have finished drives, it wouldn't have been close. And what a bone head move at the end after a great play, I was yelling fall down! Could have cost us the game. Pure selfishness.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:38 pm

Hide the kids. Send the womenfolk to the back room... here they are in all their ugliness... The uniforms from hell...

I will not be held responsible if you look...

"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:22 pm

Wow. Can you say arena football?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:13 am

Countertrey wrote:Hide the kids. Send the womenfolk to the back room... here they are in all their ugliness... The uniforms from hell...

I will not be held responsible if you look...

I agree, they are horrible
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

piglet

Postby TroySantana » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:48 pm

The good news is this may be the last we see of them. Can you believe people actually liked these? My cousin said he loved them because it shows pride. :roll: Here's the best part of that statement, he's a FL St. fan, a Chicago Bull fan, a Yankees fan, and an Eagles fan. :? What's so wrong about that you may ask, he's from MD and went to UMD. :shock:

Hog

Postby MDSKINSFAN » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:22 pm

Deadskins wrote:Wow. Can you say arena football?

I was thinking XFL. :lol:
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

Hog

Postby fabe » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:52 pm

I like the stripes down the pants. I also saw that they had matching gloves (one checkered, one cross-pattern). Those were all I could tolerate. The helmets are WAY too loud and same goes for the matching shoulder pads. *shudders*

What's wrong with simplicity these days? Was there something wrong with the old uni?

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:48 am

fabe wrote:I like the stripes down the pants. I also saw that they had matching gloves (one checkered, one cross-pattern). Those were all I could tolerate. The helmets are WAY too loud and same goes for the matching shoulder pads. *shudders*

What's wrong with simplicity these days? Was there something wrong with the old uni?

I liked their last uniforms

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:19 pm

I blame all the uniform changing business on Oregon.

At least there arent anymore Blue fields...
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

Hog

Postby MDSKINSFAN » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:48 pm

ATX_Skins wrote:I blame all the uniform changing business on Oregon.

Except Oregon can pull it off. Most of their uniforms look good. Under Armour is just trying to copy Nike once again and make MD their Oregon. Unfortunately, designers at UA have no idea how to make a good looking uni. As an MD fan I can't stand any of the uni's. You can't read the bottom half of the numbers on the back of the jerseys on TV because they fade. They are even worse in person. They tried way too hard on the jerseys. You don't need a turtle shell design on every spot of the jersey.

And I take back my statement of MD having the best QB in the ACC. O'Brien looks awful. I and a lot of other MD fans overrated him badly.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:58 pm

MDSKINSFAN wrote:

Except Oregon can pull it off. Most of their uniforms look good. Under Armour is just trying to copy Nike once again and make MD their Oregon. Unfortunately, designers at UA have no idea how to make a good looking uni. As an MD fan I can't stand any of the uni's. You can't read the bottom half of the numbers on the back of the jerseys on TV because they fade. They are even worse in person. They tried way too hard on the jerseys. You don't need a turtle shell design on every spot of the jersey.

And I take back my statement of MD having the best QB in the ACC. O'Brien looks awful. I and a lot of other MD fans overrated him badly.

Oregon looks good? Man, if we ever watch a game together, you're invited to MY house...

Hog

Postby MDSKINSFAN » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:05 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
MDSKINSFAN wrote:

Oregon looks good? Man, if we ever watch a game together, you're invited to MY house...

Not all of them, especially the early ones when Nike first started experimenting with them, but I think the past few years all their uniforms have looked solid at worst. Their all blacks look sharp. Their ugliest uniforms are better than MD's best.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

Return to Washington Sports Teams