Doing it Right!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby markshark84 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:42 am

At first I wasn't happy to hear one of our guys making a statemnt proclaiming that he was going to intentionally attempt to injury another player. BUT, I now believe the statement was made to get in the head of Romo -- which appears to have worked, especially since directly after the statement was made he ran out to get fitted for a vest which will most likely interfere with his throwing motion.

I was always curious as to why a cornerback would be the one to make such a statement and not one of our star LBs or a DL player -- which causes me to even more so believe that it was strategy; a strategy that appears to be working.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Postby BigRedskinDaddy » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:02 pm

Great article by Jenkins. Man oh man, we have needed somebody like Shanahan for a while now - even JG II was fraught with mistakes, inconsistency, and confusion. I don't sense any of that now. Still a long road to hoe, but we're on the way at last.
SB 17 - 22 - 26 - ??

Hog

Re: Doing it Right!

Postby PickSixerTWSS » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:46 pm

Skinsfan55 wrote:Okay, so they're probably not going to the Superbowl. Rex Grossman isn't the best QB in the league, Fred Davis probably isn't the second coming of Kellen Winslow, these guys up front aren't the Hogs, our CB's aren't Hayes and Hanes... we don't have a lot of elite talent, but the Redskins are being built the right way!

The Redskins got rid of distractions and prima donas like Haynesworth and McNabb to change the culture of losing in Washington. They've brought in guys who are team oriented, who want to win. They also brought in high character guys through the draft who also fit the mold.

Kerrigan (23) has all the makings of a great linebacker and a compliment to Brian Orakpo. Trent Williams (23) has all the talent needed to become an elite LT. Fred Davis (25) appears to have all the talent to break out as a top 10 TE (at least!). LaRon Landry (26) hasn't seen the field yet due to injury, but there's another elite talent. We even have veteran role players like Chris Cooley, London Fletcher, Tim Hightower, Josh Wilson, DeAngelo Hall, OJ Atogwe who get the job done. We even have some talented youngsters stashed away who looked like stars in camp such as Jarvis Jenkins, Leonard Hankerson and Roy Helu.

Bottom line is, we don't have a bad apple in this bunch. These guys all have one goal, and they feel like they could win every time they take the field. It's idiotic for a fan to think this is bad news or bemoan the early season wins as "costing" us Andrew Luck. This is how winning teams are built in the NFL. With a long term plan and patience.

Luck is a fine QB and I'm sure he'd be an asset to any franchise, but the team that tanks in search of the first pick is one that's going nowhere. FWIW I hope the Redskins do get a QB to build around. This QB class should be deep and you don't need to pick first to get someone. Josh Freeman is a fine young QB who got picked 17th overall (2009). There's other recent exampled like Joe Flacco (18th pick, 2008), Jay Cutler (11th pick, 2006), Aaron Rogers (24th pick, 2005), and Ben Roethlisberger (11th pick, 2004).

Given what I've seen so far in their rebuilding process I trust Shanny and Allen to make the right calls be it drafting a QB next season or passing on one in order to grab the right player for their system, as they did with Ryan Kerrigan when they passed on Gabbert.

This team is actually facing in the right direction for once. They're not pointed down, competing for the #1 overall pick. Thank God.
amazing post, great job! :celebrate: =D> :celebrate:

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:29 pm

^+1
"Givin'em the Business!"

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football