Atheism?

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
ch1
Posts: 3625
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:01 pm
Location: virginia beach

Re: Atheism?

Postby crazyhorse1 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:01 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
crazyhorse1 wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:
crazyhorse1 wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:*TEBOWING*

and then..

*GRIFFINING*

:D

God's awesome, whether real or not.

:lol:


God's also horrible, if he exists. No need to recite all the evidence.


There's evidence????? :shock:



Disease, wars, death of children, torture, evil, Holocaust, etc.


So your teacher is horrible if they let you get a bad grade for not studying enough? Your parents are horrible if you don't get an allowance for not doing your chores? Trials are how people grow. If everything went right in my life and there were no consequences for my poor choices, I wouldn't grow and I wouldn't appreciate what I had.

We have the power to be happy, no "horrible" God would give us that power. Those are examples of an intelligent God, not a horrible one. One who believes that personal responsibility goes with personal freedom, something more and more lacking in this country right now.


Now you're saying that God, who may or may not exist, punishes us if we or our relatives are bad. Gases us maybe and shoves us into ovens for our own good--to improve our character? This makes him good? Actually, if I were a God and wanted to be horrible, I would stir in a little happiness to make losing everything all the more dreadful.

kazoo
Posts: 10081
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Re: Atheism?

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:38 am

crazyhorse1 wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
crazyhorse1 wrote:Disease, wars, death of children, torture, evil, Holocaust, etc.


So your teacher is horrible if they let you get a bad grade for not studying enough? Your parents are horrible if you don't get an allowance for not doing your chores? Trials are how people grow. If everything went right in my life and there were no consequences for my poor choices, I wouldn't grow and I wouldn't appreciate what I had.

We have the power to be happy, no "horrible" God would give us that power. Those are examples of an intelligent God, not a horrible one. One who believes that personal responsibility goes with personal freedom, something more and more lacking in this country right now.


Now you're saying that God, who may or may not exist, punishes us if we or our relatives are bad. Gases us maybe and shoves us into ovens for our own good--to improve our character? This makes him good? Actually, if I were a God and wanted to be horrible, I would stir in a little happiness to make losing everything all the more dreadful.


There is no possible way to get what you said out of my analogy. None.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

~~~~~~
Posts: 10207
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:59 am
Location: Canada

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:58 pm

24 pages of back and forward on theological questions on a Washington Redskins Board.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh !!!

I thought this kind of thing happened only during the offseason. :roll:

My GOD!!!!

There, you have it. Proof that GOD exists (after all, people would not repeat His name as often if he didn't, right?).

Find another topic to kill your time with nothing else to do. ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

|||||||
Posts: 4566
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:11 pm
Location: Somewhere, out there.

Postby UK Skins Fan » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:11 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:24 pages of back and forward on theological questions on a Washington Redskins Board.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh !!!

I thought this kind of thing happened only during the offseason. :roll:

My GOD!!!!

There, you have it. Proof that GOD exists (after all, people would not repeat His name as often if he didn't, right?).

Find another topic to kill your time with nothing else to do. ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO

Why?
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

|||||||
Posts: 4566
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:11 pm
Location: Somewhere, out there.

Postby UK Skins Fan » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:15 pm

PS - Art Monk is in the hall now. We haven't got many big issues to deal with anymore.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

DarthMonk
Posts: 4120
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:02 pm

Countertrey wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:... as long as we all admit God might not exist ... and that God might ...

... and that evidence is not proof ... it's evidence ...

... and that some "evidence" can be "reproduced" and "shared" while some is so personal it cannot ...
umm... belief is NOT evidence.


Never said it was.

Is belief based on evidence ... of any sort?
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

the 'mudge
Posts: 14242
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:42 pm

Actually, that's exactly what you said... you just used a LOT of words to do it. Now, if what you said was, in fact, simply an "inelegant" attempt to express your thoughts... that's an entirely different thing... :wink:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

DarthMonk
Posts: 4120
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:44 pm

Countertrey wrote:Actually, that's exactly what you said... you just used a LOT of words to do it. Now, if what you said was, in fact, simply an "inelegant" attempt to express your thoughts... that's an entirely different thing... :wink:


I said belief is evidence?? :hmm:

A simple re-read contradicts that.

There is a lot of reaching in this thread.

Personal experience = proof and such.

I've seen way more words inelegantly expressing thoughts paraded a proofs than ... well ... nevermind.

On the bright side, I've actually seen some "intellectual honesty" from a few of the believers.

I commend those who believe while acknowledging they might be wrong.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

kazoo
Posts: 10081
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:31 am

Redskin in Canada wrote:24 pages of back and forward on theological questions on a Washington Redskins Board.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh !!!

I thought this kind of thing happened only during the offseason. :roll:

My GOD!!!!

There, you have it. Proof that GOD exists (after all, people would not repeat His name as often if he didn't, right?).

Find another topic to kill your time with nothing else to do. ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO


I never get people who go into a thread and post they aren't interested in it. Wouldn't it be simpler to not click on discussions you're not interested in then to go in and convince people to stop discussing it because you're not interested in it? I'm just saying...
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 981
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:56 pm
Location: New Jersey

Postby Hooligan » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:54 pm

This thread disinterests me.
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

kazoo
Posts: 10081
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:16 am

Hooligan wrote:This thread disinterests me.


I wasn't interested in this comment... :wink:

And I stand corrected. Apparently it DOES work to go into a discussion and tell people to stop discussing it because you aren't interested. Who'd have thought! :-k
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Return to The Lounge