I Hate Michael Vick

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
-----------

I Hate Michael Vick

Postby Smithian » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:12 pm

http://www.examiner.com/pet-rescue-in-l ... id-to-dogs

For some reason I can have nothing but pure hate for someone who viciously tortured innocent dogs.

Kick some butt this Sunday, Redskins.

"I said when he retired that Joe Gibbs was the best coach I'd ever faced." - Bill Parcells

Hog

Re: I Hate Michael Vick

Postby spenser » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:25 am

Smithian wrote:http://www.examiner.com/pet-rescue-in-los-angeles/michael-vick-released-time-to-remember-what-vick-actually-did-to-dogs

For some reason I can have nothing but pure hate for someone who viciously tortured innocent dogs.

Kick some butt this Sunday, Redskins.

Totally agree. What a total and utter piece of crap. I love how after a few good games last year and a new huge contract you can see the Diva coming back out in him too. What a turd.

kazoo

Re: I Hate Michael Vick

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:54 am

Smithian wrote:For some reason I can have nothing but pure hate for someone who viciously tortured innocent dogs

It's called "moral clarity" and you are absolutely right
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog

Postby MDSKINSFAN » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:13 pm

Me too. I don't buy the whole "changed man" thing either. Every now and then the punk shines through.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:24 pm

I give him the benefit of the doubt. He was convicted and served his time. I do not care for him, but that is because he is an Eagle.

Let's not forget what Stallworth did...
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:24 pm

I am a dog owner and hated what he did - Michael Vick, the man, is not playing this week

everyone's entitled to their opinions - Michael Vick is a changed man

I'm satisfied that Tony Dungy is convinced that he's a different person

Michael Vick the QB is a very different QB than he used to be - this guy can make plays from anywhere at any time

hopefully we do not give him many minutes on the field this week
Griffin will become a really good QB but it's going to take time

We are lucky to have Cousins - hopefully he can continue to play well

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:58 pm

SkinsJock wrote:everyone's entitled to their opinions - Michael Vick is a changed man

How do you know that?

What he did is so completely morally depraved I thought his being fixed was wayyyyy to easy. I think he's sorry he went to prison, sorry he lost millions of dollars, sorry to have had his name dragged through the press. But that he's sorry for what he did I see no evidence.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:58 pm

Treat people with the same level of level of forgiveness that you'd like to be show...
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:01 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Treat people with the same level of level of forgiveness that you'd like to be show...

Forgiveness starts with being actually sorry for what you did and I don't expect that mistakes I made come without consequences.

Though a platitude fixes all that, right Chris?

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:10 pm

I'm sure he's a changed man in that he's a little more humble after being forced to spend time behind bars. Other than that, I think that if he weren't arrested, he'd still be doing what he was doing.

I hope he blows out a knee, and I don't wish things like that on many people. He doesn't deserve a career where he gets stinking rich by playing a game.
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:17 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:I don't expect that mistakes I made come without consequences.

Nobody expects for someone to act in the way that I described, it's not normal because most people are entirely too selfish. It takes a level of selflessness that most people refuse to exhibit. It's a difficult thing to do but it's one of the best feelings in the world to give.

I've at times shown that trait and I've been extremely humbled and thankful to those who have shown it to me.

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:21 pm

ATX_Skins wrote:I give him the benefit of the doubt. He was convicted and served his time. I do not care for him, but that is because he is an Eagle.

Let's not forget what Stallworth did...

Really??? You can't compare what Stallworth did to Vick. Totally different circumstances. Stallworth's was a one time thing and even admitted to drinking at the scene (totally dumb move, but honest). The dog fighting, on the other hand, occured multiple times over the course of multiple (some say close to 7) years. Vick's actions were premeditated in that he had time to contemplate what he was doing and the consequences of his actions -- and continued to do it. He killed and used the dogs lives as a form of entertainment and revenue with full knowledge of the outcome.

And honestly, the dog fighting isn't even the worst of it for Vick. Personally, I think that Vick (aka Ron Mexico) knowingly giving woman non-treatable STDs is just as bad. There are also the marijuana charges.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:29 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:I don't expect that mistakes I made come without consequences.

Nobody expects for someone to act in the way that I described, it's not normal because most people are entirely too selfish. It takes a level of selflessness that most people refuse to exhibit. It's a difficult thing to do but it's one of the best feelings in the world to give.

I've at times shown that trait and I've been extremely humbled and thankful to those who have shown it to me.

There are different levels of doing things. He was systematically over a long period of time incredibly cruel to intelligent, living beings. I just personally find it hard to believe he got over complete moral depravity that quickly and easily. Have you done anything nearly to that degree? I don't want to do to him what he did to his dogs, but I have a hard time thinking that a mea culpa and moving on has solved anything in his character and I don't think he belongs in the NFL getting rich and not dealing with the enormously horrible things he did.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:45 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:Have you done anything nearly to that degree?

That's totally subjective, someone I've hurt may tell you that I have... I understand where you're coming from. However, you see cases where a person can forgive the person that murdered a loved one. It's....unfathomable sometimes but it's a beautiful thing.

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:04 pm

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

The reason for not hunting animals.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

Return to The Lounge