GODSMACK.METALLICA

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?

GODSMACK.METALLICA

Postby redskinz4ever » Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:43 pm

i love metal!!!metallica godsmack korn disturbed flaw just to name a few. want to know if anyone else loves metal as much as me.REDSKINZ4EVER!!! :rock:

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:51 pm

i'm not called "evil hog" for nothing. i like pre 1992 metallica. all their newer stuff blows...... SELL OUTS. i don't like godsmack..... i don't like any radio metal. if mtv plays it i probably don't listen to it.
have you heard "damage plan"? thats the new band dimebag and vinny from pantera are in. also if you are a slayer fan :rock: they have a 4 disc box set out now. :D

check out this thread:http://www.thehogs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=509

i bleed metal................
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Postby redskinz4ever » Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:44 am

dude godsmack is not radio metal you have heard 1or2 songs like voodoo.REDSKINZ4EVER!!!
TOUCHDOWN .....WASHINGTON REDSKINS !!!!

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:46 am

it IS radio metal and they SUCK!! i have heard all their stuff, and none of it impresses me.
THN's resident jerk.

godsmack radio metal i don't think so

Postby redskinz4ever » Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:02 am

dude like i was saying you heard voodoo... that song does suck but that song was made for radio.every cd has a song made for air play to help sell cds heres a few songs off of all 3 cds listen and learn just how bad ass they really are.timebomb- situation-whatever-keepaway-immune thats the 1st cd.pretty much any of the 2nd cd kicks- iam-dead and broken- relesing the demons-i f#%*##@ hate you-re-align- istand alone-make me believe-changes-faceless straight out of line... DUDE THEY KICK ASS.they have some graet guitar riffs and ripping solos no they are not speed metal they are just a hard driving kickass band.don't like slayer i guess they are ok.REDSKINZ4EVER!!!

Postby redskinz4ever » Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:08 am

you play guitar right?give a listen to yngwie j. malmsteen. the best player i've ever heard. yes the songs are pretty gay and 1980's but if you like someone who rip the guitar apart,this is the guy.who does damage plan sound like?REDSKINZ4EVER!!!
TOUCHDOWN .....WASHINGTON REDSKINS !!!!

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:15 am

i've seen godsmack 2 times live.(raleigh and i think in fayettnam) they just don't do it for me. and you're implying that i've only heard voodoo. like i said i've heard it all, and i based my opinion on all of it, not just doodoo, oops, i mean voodoo. :lol: i'm more into the underground scene and stuff that is not so "mainstream". candiria, snapcase, chimara, nothing face, just to name a few. i like some of the more popular stuff too, SOAD, coal chamber, pantera, sepultura, soulfly, older deftones...adrenaline and around the fur albums(before they sold out :evil: ), the first three korn albums,(those last few suck ass) etc, etc.
Last edited by hailskins666 on Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
THN's resident jerk.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:22 am

redskinz4ever wrote:you play guitar right?give a listen to yngwie j. malmsteen. the best player i've ever heard. yes the songs are pretty gay and 1980's but if you like someone who rip the guitar apart,this is the guy.who does damage plan sound like?REDSKINZ4EVER!!!
i play, and i have definantly heard of him. malmsteen is a BEAST!! plain and simple. his song are really cheesy and not exactly the heaviest of tunes, but he straight up burns it up.
as for damage plan.... it wasn't as good as i expected, but its kinda growing on me. it has the pantera sound, although not quite as heavy.(i don't think there will ever be another band as heavy as pantera) on a scale of one to ten i give damage plan a 7.
THN's resident jerk.

Postby redskinz4ever » Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:37 am

what do you think of korn they don't have solos but they are heavy.have you listened to the new cd "take a look in the mirror" and their 1st cd self titled are the best. what is your favorite cd of all time?mine is metallica's master of puppets.that cd lets you know metallica is all about kicking your ass.i kinda like st.anger for its rawness and the attempt to go back to their roots on a 1-10 i give it a 71/2.REDSKINZ4EVER!!!

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:25 pm

i like korn. the first three albums were really good. "issues" was terrible. and the newest one they actually went back to sounding like the first album, so i gotta give em props for that.
favorite album of all time..... thats tough. master of puppets is up there for sure. lets see..... :hmm: gotta really think this one through. i say this is my top five...
1. pantera - vulgar display of power (the vulgar video is kick ass too)
2. slayer - seasons in the abyss (one of the best thrash metal albums ever)
3. metallica - master of puppets (although i think lars is a whiney little fag)
4. alice in chains - dirt (gotta love that grunge)
5. black sabbath - paranoid (if it weren't for sabbath there would be no metal)
THN's resident jerk.

Hog

Postby BringThePain! » Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:00 pm

alice in chains - dirt... is one of the deepest albums i've ever heard... I grew up on it and it's depressing but it's well writen... defiently top 2.... along with Pantera vulgar display of power... that and far beyond driven is one of there best albums.... slipknot's first album is heavy too (this is before they went all Satanic with there second album)... korn first one is good... but i've always liked korn's second "Peachy"... it's just so raw... so like they wrote the songs and put it on disc without all that over production...and justice for all is metallica's best complete album... although MOP has the best song... Battery....

I haven't heard you guys mention Clutch... but if you haven't heard of them i suggest you pick up there self titled album.... it rocks...

oh... and laugh if you will but Limp Bizkits first album was good before they met MTV

Rage - anything of there's your can bang your head too

Godsmack,disturbed,System of a Down... are good bands...but there more Melodic Rock...than Metal

thats my My 2 cents
**SPECIAL EDITION**

CurveBall - "It might be YOUR biggest game of the year but it really doesn't seem to be as big a deal for Dallas fans anymore."

Oopsies! What's that taste like?

Postby Brandon777 » Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:58 pm

redskinz4ever wrote:you play guitar right?give a listen to yngwie j. malmsteen. the best player i've ever heard. yes the songs are pretty gay and 1980's but if you like someone who rip the guitar apart,this is the guy.who does damage plan sound like?REDSKINZ4EVER!!!
I love Yngwie. I study his guitar playing. His songs are not GAY!!! I've been playing guitar for 17 years. The best rock guitar players that ever existed were from the 80's. I can't even stand listening to the suck a$$ players of today. The 80's music had more drama with it, kind of like an opera, but it's second to none in regards to talent. Death to Dave Matthews, MatchBox 20, and other crap. THAT IS WHAT"S GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I met the singer of Godsmack. He was nice but kind of a DORK.
Let us all gather around and drink the Cooley-Aid of the Redskins.

Hog

Postby BringThePain! » Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:23 pm

Brandon777 wrote:Death to Dave Matthews, MatchBox 20, and other crap. THAT IS WHAT"S GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey man! .... take it easy on Dave.... you obviously haven't listend to enough of his stuff, or seen him and the band live....lyrically he's one of the best out there.... plus those guys know how to jam.....

Have you ever tried playing any of his stuff... it's tuff... he's really good when making up his riffs....

don't knock it before you try it ;)
**SPECIAL EDITION**

CurveBall - "It might be YOUR biggest game of the year but it really doesn't seem to be as big a deal for Dallas fans anymore."

Oopsies! What's that taste like?

Mmmm...donuts
Location: How much text will they let me fit in this 'Location' space? I mean, can I just keep writing and wr

Postby joebagadonuts » Sat Apr 03, 2004 10:07 am

if i may chime in here, i am a HUGE system of a down fan, not to mention disturbed, rage, the toadies, classic metallica....which is rather surprising since i'm an old guy (33). there's a guy who works in my office who is 25, and he listens to stuff like james taylor, and i'm always giving him crap, calling him a...uh, 'wimp' (pg audience here, y'know). at his age, he should be filled with angst and energy!

hailskins, have you listened to the metallica s&m discs? the one where they play with the san fran symphony? being a classical fan as well, i love those discs. very powerful.
I'm a jack of all trades, the master of three
Rockin' the tables, rockin' the mikes, rockin' the young lay-dees.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sat Apr 03, 2004 10:12 am

I love S & M - what a blend - have it in my car stereo now :)

I love for who the bell tolls and breathe on the second cd especially :)
Rich in Roanoke

Return to The Lounge