Robert Griffin III

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
DarthMonk

Robert Griffin III

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:42 am

This man is the frickin' bomb! His is easily as athletic as ANY QB (or player, for that matter) in the NFL. For example, he sprinted 13.46 in the 110-meter hurdles and 49.56 in the 400-meter hurdles as a junior in high school. He is more accurate than most. He has a bigger arm than most. He is smarter than most. He is a very high character guy. He is a leader. If the info in the last paragraph in the report below is correct I'd talk to him as soon as it's legal and draft him anyway and support his academics for a year with a salary if he'd take it.

I've included a short highlight reel link at the end of this post.

DarthMonk

Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor

The legend of Griffin went to another level after he led Baylor to a 45-38 last second win over Oklahoma. It was the first win over the Sooners in school history. Griffin was 21-of-34 for 479 yards with four touchdowns. He showcased a huge arm, phenomenal accuracy, and leadership. Griffin has the 'it' factor where he raises the level of play of those around him. In crunch time, the junior takes his play to another level and comes through in the clutch.

A week ago, Griffin led Baylor to a 31-30 win at Kansas, completing 22-of-29 passes for 312 yards with three touchdowns and one interception. He also ran for 103 yards and a touchdown. Against Missouri, Griffin completed 27-of-41 passes for 406 yards and three touchdowns with zero interceptions. Plus, he collected 64 yards and a score on the ground. Thus far in 2011, Griffin has completed 73 percent of his passes for 3,572 yards with 33 touchdowns and five interceptions. He has rushed for 550 yards and five touchdowns.

Griffin has been one of the best players in college football this season. The 6-foot-2, 220-pounder is a big play machine. He has a strong arm and is extremely accurate throwing the ball. Griffin is also very intelligent and a high character individual. He has the makings of a franchise quarterback. The early hints are that Griffin is inclined to pull an Andrew Luck/Jake Locker/Matt Leinart and return to school for the 2012 season. Griffin has already graduated and is getting a masters this year. He has said he wants to do his first year of a law degree next year. That would put him in the 2013 draft, and Griffin could be a strong candidate to go at the very top.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdNnvnlTmbA
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby die cowboys die » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:18 am

if we want Griffin and he'd be available when we choose and he instead decides not to go into the draft, we should be able sue him! it would be utterly ridiculous and inexcusable for him to go back to school another year!!! you can do school any damn time. good grief. your window to be a pro QB and get set FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE financially in ONE signing bonus is very small.

Hog

Postby die cowboys die » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:22 am

(obviously i am being deliberately silly about suing him--- it's my way of saying i would be PISSED OFF if he does something as asinine as stay in school another year)

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:59 am

What....now we want to be an Option type team....???

How strong is the arm..?
Is he accurate....?
Is he fragile.....? One good lick and he's done for the season....?
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:11 pm

RGIII!
No Pressure, No Diamonds

piglet

Postby elprez19 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:17 pm

I have a man crush on this guy and he would bring instant credibility to our offense. I think he is an awesome fit since the shannys love to roll out plus he has a damn good arm. Draft this guy!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:39 pm

tribeofjudah wrote:What....now we want to be an Option type team....???

How strong is the arm..?

Strong as if not stronger than Barkley's but that's my opinion

tribeofjudah wrote:Is he accurate....?

comp pct:

Robert Griffin III... 72.6 I'd say he's accurate, if you compare him to guys like Landry Jones (64.1), or Kirk Cousins (64.3). Then again Luck's (70.0) an Barkley's (69.1) are also sub par RGIII.

tribeofjudah wrote:Is he fragile.....? One good lick and he's done for the season....?

About as fragile as Cam
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:29 pm

:-$

whiff for Griff... you heard it from me, first

:twisted:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:48 am

Countertrey wrote::-$

Think I saw it from Red:

Red_One43 wrote:"Suck for Luck" "Whiff for Griff" "Losing Comes in Handy for Landry" "Playing Darkly for Barkley"

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:15 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
Countertrey wrote::-$

Think I saw it from Red:

Red_One43 wrote:"Suck for Luck" "Whiff for Griff" "Losing Comes in Handy for Landry" "Playing Darkly for Barkley"

DarthMonk

Ahhhh... No.
The Origin of the "Whiff for Griff" campaign... Sep 19, 2011 @ 3:17 pm

'course, you have to consider the context of the post... and board events at the time... to appreciate the humor. None the less... I would love to see Robert Griffin III in B&G... I think he's the real deal.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

^^^^^

Postby patjam77 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:08 pm

So how many first round picks to get this guy if the skins need to trade up? 3, 4, dare I say it and pull a Ditka? You simply don't win without a QB and if this guy helps them to the playoffs over the next decade, what do you think the skins should realistically give up to move up to select him? I say do whatever it takes. I'm sick of sub .500 records.
May #21 never be worn again by another Redskin but may every Redskin play like they are wearing #21 on their backs.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:41 am

This franchise IS going to be a playoff contender because of a lot of factors .. NOT because of which QB we draft

We do need a good QB and I would love to see RG III in B&G

defense + the rest of the players on offense will have a lot more to do with the success of the QB (& this franchise)

having a good QB helps but we'll be a lot more consistent if the other players suit what we need to do AS A TEAM

THERE IS NO DOUBT our #1 priority is to draft a good QB ... hopefully not by giving up ANY picks

it's no coincidence that Aaron Rodgers looks so good with all the other players around him - that is a good team

Rodgers would help our franchise but we would still NOT be in the playoffs by just adding him to our group
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

Hog

Redskins need to draft robert griffin iii

Postby funsho2 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:54 pm

Dude is a baller..he is even more better throwing in college than vick or newton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO3QkCbt ... re=related

watch that

nuff said

########

Postby Scottskins » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:35 pm

more better...nuff said =)

i DO like this guy though!
Death to the EGO! RIP 21

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:49 pm

I wouldn't mind RGIII, but prefer Barkley.

Return to General Manager's Office