Robert Griffin III

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:18 pm

I'd trade anything to draft him hope we can pull it off
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:19 pm

He's good, but Luck, Barkley, and Jones are better.
Suck and Luck

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:34 pm

I think RG is a better athlete and is a great qb without some of the help those guys have. Kinda hard to compare but he is a beast. More tds then Inc passes over half way through the year? Ya ill take it
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:47 pm

I hear that Kyle likes Heath Shuler.

Book it!
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

swine

Postby elprez19 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:11 pm

patjam77 wrote:So how many first round picks to get this guy if the skins need to trade up? 3, 4, dare I say it and pull a Ditka? You simply don't win without a QB and if this guy helps them to the playoffs over the next decade, what do you think the skins should realistically give up to move up to select him? I say do whatever it takes. I'm sick of sub .500 records.

They will be in the right spot to draft this guy in the first. I just dont know if they will like him over Barkley. They both are good qb's but I think we have lacked athletisim at the qb position for years and it would be nice seeing this guy make plays when the play breaks down. Look how important peyton has been to the colts so yes one guy can change a franchise. If we go QB, WR, then OL, I think we will be in great shape. We just need one good draft. Dont forget we have Hankerson and Jenkins next year. Take care of the line and qb this draft then next draft we go MLB and Corner.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:41 pm

This is NOT Fantasy Football or baseball, where a couple of good players can make a difference

We need to find a QB to start and ALSO to draft a QB that we can get ready to play ASAP

Next season, EVEN if we have Tom Brady AND draft Andrew Luck it will not make much difference IF we don't have the players around them on both offense AND defense that suit what our OC and DC want to get done

We need to draft a QB that can become a good QB
BUT - WE ALSO NEED to acquire players that suit the players already here
AND THEN - WE NEED both Kyle and Haslett to do better jobs than they have done here recently
more so Kyle than Haslett BUT both need to game plan better

THIS IS A TEAM GAME

the Colts still have both Mathis and Freeney as DEs - Peyton didn't play defense - the Colts are NOT playing well AS A TEAM
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:44 pm

We are NOT far off from competing for a playoff berth, we just need to continue the job these 2 guys have started

Snyder HAS to stay away from ANYTHING to do with the players
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:46 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
Snyder HAS to stay away from ANYTHING to do with the team

Fixed it for ya
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:27 pm

^^ thanx for 'fixing' that - He's got to be itchin' to get back in - hopefully he let's these guys work this out

we are still in dire straits but these guys should get at least another year

RG III does look like a very promising player but it's the intangibles that will decide who these guys bring in

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:52 pm

SkinsJock wrote:^^ thanx for 'fixing' that - He's got to be itchin' to get back in - hopefully he let's these guys work this out

RG III does look like a very promising player but it's the intangibles that will decide who these guys bring in

It's the ShannAllen intangibles that I'm starting to worry about
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:14 pm

1niksder wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:Snyder's got to be itchin' to get back in - hopefully he let's these guys work this out

It's the ShannAllen intangibles that I'm starting to worry about

I'm having a few doubts myself

these guys have made a difference here but there is also evidence to indicate that they have 'hurt' the process of recovery too

at this time I'm hoping that we don't make another "change" just because ... :roll:
at the same time, NOBODY should want Snyder 'involved' for any reason

as bad as things still are - we do NOT need to go back to that 'system'

RG III is just one of many QBs that we can draft that will put us in better shape than we are
we will still need an interim QB - these 2 are hopeless

HAIL

Currently 50-41

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:20 pm

There is absolutely no question that of all QBs in the NCAA, RGIII is the most athletic. It's not even close. What is even better is he has everything else - accuracy, arm strength, intelligence, and character. He totally has the it factor.

He appears to be a hybrid of Vick, Rodgers, Newton, and Renaldo Nehemiah.

I know that's nuts but that is what I see when I watch. He is bigger than Vick (6' 2", 220 #)but smaller than Newton. He's faster than Newton (4.4) and almost as fast as Vick. He throws accurately in the pocket or on the run ala Rodgers.

He ran a 49 in the 400 meter hurdles as a high school junior.

Let's get this guy.

DarthMonk

cowboykillerzRED wrote:I think RG is a better athlete and is a great qb without some of the help those guys have. Kinda hard to compare but he is a beast. More tds then Inc passes over half way through the year? Ya ill take it
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:32 pm

DarthMonk wrote:There is absolutely no question that of all QBs in the NCAA, RGIII is the most athletic. It's not even close. What is even better is he has everything else - accuracy, arm strength, intelligence, and character. He totally has the it factor.

I know that's nuts but that is what I see when I watch. He is bigger than Vick (6' 2", 220 #)but smaller than Newton. He's faster than Newton (4.4) and almost as fast as Vick. He throws accurately in the pocket or on the run ala Rodgers.

Let's get this guy.

DarthMonk

cowboykillerzRED wrote:I think RG is a better athlete and is a great qb without some of the help those guys have. Kinda hard to compare but he is a beast. More tds then Inc passes over half way through the year? Ya ill take it

I agree that RGIII has great potential, but I don't understand why you use his athletism as the prime example. For a QB, athletism is not a make or break attribute for a QB. The best QBs in the league aren't super-athletic types: see Brady, Manning, Brees, Schaub, Roethlisburger, Stafford, etc. A QB should stay in the pocket at least 75% of the time -- so that is what you need to focus on; not the 10-20% of the time they roll out and make a pass. It's great if they can do it (like Rodgers), but most can. I am confident that Barkley and Jones can both adequately run a bootleg pass option.

Also -- speed DOES NOT MATTER at the QB position -- at all. Tom Brady ran a 5.28 40, Rivers ran a 5.08, Brees a 4.88, -- most run it between 4.7 - 4.9. And even when they run it in the sub-4.7 range -- it never makes a difference

In terms of the more tds than ints -- he runs a spread offense and the majority of his passes are on the short side. The fact that he has more TDs than INTs shows he has top flight accuracy on short to mid range passes. I was watching a highlight reel of a couple of his games and close to 85% were passes thrown under 10 yards, but YAC was high. He does have good accuracy on those types of throws, but I did not see enough on the +20 yards to form a conclusion.

With all this said, he still can be a great QB in the league -- I have no doubt. He is super smart and a great person. He is a leader and has all the intangibles. I just do not think that speed and athletism are going to be the attributes that directly result in him becoming a top QB. I would prefer to hear his top attributes as being laser accuracy and ability to find open receivers.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:04 am

No argument (or very little) here from me - just clarification.

markshark84 wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:There is absolutely no question that of all QBs in the NCAA, RGIII is the most athletic. It's not even close. What is even better is he has everything else - accuracy, arm strength, intelligence, and character. He totally has the it factor.

Let's get this guy.

DarthMonk

I agree that RGIII has great potential, but I don't understand why you use his athletism as the prime example. For a QB, athletism is not a make or break attribute for a QB. The best QBs in the league aren't super-athletic types: see Brady, Manning, Brees, Schaub, Roethlisburger, Stafford, etc. A QB should stay in the pocket at least 75% of the time -- so that is what you need to focus on; not the 10-20% of the time they roll out and make a pass. It's great if they can do it (like Rodgers), but most can. I am confident that Barkley and Jones can both adequately run a bootleg pass option.

My main deal here was what I was responding to. I was responding to this: "I THINK RG is a better athlete ..." Thus, my reply focuses on his INCREDIBLE athleticism and elevates "I think ..." to CERTAINTY.

markshark84 wrote: Also -- speed DOES NOT MATTER at the QB position -- at all. Tom Brady ran a 5.28 40, Rivers ran a 5.08, Brees a 4.88, -- most run it between 4.7 - 4.9. And even when they run it in the sub-4.7 range -- it never makes a difference

I agree and disagree. To say speed at QB NEVER makes a difference is overstating your case. I should not have to explain why but briefly - do you think Cam Newton's speed has made a difference in his 13 rushing TDs?. Overall though, I agree that speed at this position is usually less important than many other factors.

markshark84 wrote:In terms of the more tds than ints -- he runs a spread offense and the majority of his passes are on the short side. The fact that he has more TDs than INTs shows he has top flight accuracy on short to mid range passes. I was watching a highlight reel of a couple of his games and close to 85% were passes thrown under 10 yards, but YAC was high. He does have good accuracy on those types of throws, but I did not see enough on the +20 yards to form a conclusion.

I believe it is more Tds than INCOMPLETIONS!!! - a startling stat!

markshark84 wrote:With all this said, he still can be a great QB in the league -- I have no doubt. He is super smart and a great person. He is a leader and has all the intangibles. I just do not think that speed and athletism are going to be the attributes that directly result in him becoming a top QB. I would prefer to hear his top attributes as being laser accuracy and ability to find open receivers.

Which is why I included the tag "What is even better is he has everything else - accuracy, arm strength, intelligence, and character. He totally has the it factor."

I think "laser accuracy" describes him well. He has a cannon. He can make every throw. He can make them on the move while maintaining accuracy. He can extend plays and actually tends to look for the throw before taking off - and when he takes off he's deadly.

As the Genie Robin Williams once said: "are you gonna love this guy."

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:27 am

^ +1

Thank you! The history of athletic quarterbacks is that they have a tendency to let their athleticism dictate their potential... and cover for their flaws... usually a lack of pass discipline, and/or football intellect (eg Vick's difficulty working from the pocket for much of his career).

RGIII is not JUST an athletic quarterback, but is also a disciplined, highly intelligent quarterback, who is a student of the game. He works hard, not just in the gym or on the practice field, but in the film room, as well.

He's not merely a larger Mike Vick with good character... he's more like a very athletic Tom Brady. Imagine what Brady would be if he could run, as well. Who could contain him??? :shock:

Granted: He is NOT NFL ready... but I love this kid's potential to be a Beast quarterback in the future. He is the quarterback who could make Kyle look like a genius.

Hence: Whiff 4 Griff (people... it's just a slogan) :wink:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to General Manager's Office