For YOU Bible readers.....

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?

TRUE Biblical Day of Rest

Saturday the 7th day of the week
55%
Sunday the 1st day of the week
45%

Total votes : 11
tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

For YOU Bible readers.....

Postby tribeofjudah » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:51 pm

Which is the TRUE day of Rest that the LORD has instituted.....???

Exd 20:8 ¶ Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

Exd 20:9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

Exd 20:10 But the seventh day [is] the sabbath of the LORD thy God: [in it] thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that [is] within thy gates:

Exd 20:11 For [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:53 pm

I picked Saturday. Does this mean that I get to go to heaven? :)

Here's one for you? When does the 7th day, actually begin?

Sometime during Friday evening - exact time depending on what month it is or 12:00 am Saturday morning?

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:59 am

Wow . . .
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:10 pm

Nobody knows...depends on which day you start counting. Also: I'm fairly certain that the bill-board people have no evidence of what "the anti-christ" did, or did not, or when, or how. At least no more evidence than Bill the Psychotic who repeats voices that only he hears.

tribe

Postby tribeofjudah » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:53 am

Act 5:29 Then Peter and the [other] apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

The Roman church admits to making this "change"...... it's NOT Biblical and it's not God's idea.

“Question - Which is the Sabbath day?”
“Answer - Saturday is the Sabbath day.”
“Question - Why do we observe Sunday instead of Saturday?”
“Answer - We observe Sunday instead of Saturday because the Catholic Church, in the Council of Laodicea (A.D. 364), transferred the solemnity from Saturday to Sunday.” Peter Geiermann, C.S.S.R., The Convert’s Catechism of Catholic Doctrine, p. 50, 3rd edition, 1957.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:55 pm

tribeofjudah wrote:Act 5:29 Then Peter and the [other] apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

The Roman church admits to making this "change"...... it's NOT Biblical and it's not God's idea.

“Question - Which is the Sabbath day?”
“Answer - Saturday is the Sabbath day.”
“Question - Why do we observe Sunday instead of Saturday?”
“Answer - We observe Sunday instead of Saturday because the Catholic Church, in the Council of Laodicea (A.D. 364), transferred the solemnity from Saturday to Sunday.” Peter Geiermann, C.S.S.R., The Convert’s Catechism of Catholic Doctrine, p. 50, 3rd edition, 1957.

So, if the antichrist was here and made the change in 364, why didn't Jesus make his second coming and the battle of armegeddon happen then?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

tribe

Postby tribeofjudah » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:33 pm

^^^^ IN DUE TIME.......my friend. IF HE DID so back then, we wouldn't BE HERE today and have a chance at Eternal Life and Salvation, now would we....???

We cannot "rush" the ALMIGHTY..........HE does everything with Perfect timing.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:13 pm

tribeofjudah wrote:The Roman church admits to making this "change"...... it's NOT Biblical and it's not God's idea.

What if God set up a Church on Earth with the authority to do things like this? Then it would be both biblical and God's idea.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

tribe

Postby tribeofjudah » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:00 pm

What If's do not hold well in LIGHT OF THE TRUTH.

The Book of Daniel long ago foretold that TIMES WHERE GOING TO BE CHANGED.

Dan 7:25 He shall speak [pompous] words against the Most High, Shall persecute the saints of the Most High, And shall intend to change times and law. Then [the saints] shall be given into his hand For a time and times and half a time.

A PERFECT LAW..........needs NO changing - not yesterday, nor today, nor tomorrow. No church on Earth has the authority to make such change.

Mal 3:6 "For I [am] the LORD, I do not change; Therefore you are not consumed, O sons of Jacob

Psa 19:7 The law of the LORD [is] perfect, converting the soul; The testimony of the LORD [is] sure, making wise the simple;
Last edited by tribeofjudah on Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:05 pm

Do you realize that neither of those verses contradicts what I proposed?

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:11 pm

Since when does the Roman Catholic Church base its decisions on the Bible.

Are you aware that the Bible you use, minus the Apocryhal Books, is the same Bible that the Roman Catholic Church canonized in 367 AD and reaffirmed in 1546?

The Greek Scriptures (The Septuagint) are most likely what Jesus read because in Judea, written language of the literate folks was Greek. The Septuagint is most likely the Scriptures that Jesus read and guess what the Septuagint included? The Apocryphal Books. Take a look at the link below and read why the Apocryphal Books were removed (Check out why they were removed by the Council of Jamnia (in Yavneh) and later by Luther) Politics! Politics! Politics!

Demonizing the Roman Catholic Church, which was responsible for bringing you the very Scriptures that you use today, makes no since to me.

As Rodney King said, "Can't we all get along?" - Of course not! Not when our people of faith can't.

http://users.rcn.com/lanat/biblehistory.htm

http://users.rcn.com/lanat/biblehistory.htm

tribe

Postby tribeofjudah » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:21 pm

The Catholic Bible and the Protestant Bible and the Jewish Bible (yes I have one)........have many dissimilarities.

Apocraphal books are not included in the KJV.
Jewish Bibles do not include the New Testament.

I don't discount your views RED.... I'm talking about the LAW as written by the Hand of God on Mt Sinai....Authorized by GOD.

The 7th Day Sabbath is written there. This Holy 7th day was CREATED in the beginning...... so who changed it ....?

What day is the True Day of Rest....? And yes, we can all get along and have discourse in the Spirit of Love.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:37 pm

tribeofjudah wrote:The Catholic Bible and the Protestant Bible and the Jewish Bible (yes I have one)........have many dissimilarities.

Apocraphal books are not included in the KJV.
Jewish Bibles do not include the New Testament.

I don't discount your views RED.... I'm talking about the LAW as written by the Hand of God on Mt Sinai....Authorized by GOD.

The 7th Day Sabbath is written there. This Holy 7th day was CREATED in the beginning...... so who changed it ....?

What day is the True Day of Rest....? And yes, we can all get along and have discourse in the Spirit of Love.

Ok, Tribe, but I think you can bring more folks to the Light with a message that calls out in love rather than pointing to a Billboard that claims that the Roman Catholic Church is the Antichrist. I left the Catholic Church many years ago, and have no love for its politics, but I know the Roman Catholic Church played a significant role in the history Bible. Without the RCC, we wouldn't have the Bible that we have today. To demonize it takes away from the message that you are trying to convey which I think is the Bible holds the Truth (Correct me is I am wrong). To me, what you posted has conotations of hate and I don't think that that is the strongest message to attract folks to the Word.

tribe

Postby tribeofjudah » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:24 am

Correct Red. That billboard is not something I funded ....btw. I don't have that kind of money.

There are many many dear and God Loving, God fearing people in every church denomination, in every Kingdom, Tribe, nation, ethnicity.... God loves them all and will do everthing to SAVE them into the KINGDOM.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:28 am

Does anyone in this thread watch "Dexter"?
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Return to The Lounge