D'Angelo Hall Ticked, Addresses Pats Play

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
#######

D'Angelo Hall Ticked, Addresses Pats Play

Postby The Hogster » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:08 am

D'Angelo Hall didn't talk to the media last week. And, finally addressed the play he's been getting killed for. We all saw it replayed over and over. REed Doughty & Dejon Gomes draped over Gronkowski like Kindergarten kids dangling off their daddy's arms.

Hall stopped on the play, Gronk got away and went 49 yards. Here's what Hall had to say about that. What do you think?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/foo ... _blog.html

Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall didn’t speak with reporters in the days following the Redskins’ loss to the New England Patriots. But his play against the Patriots — which featured Hall stopping on Rob Gronkowski’s 49-yard reception and later throwing an officials’ yellow flag — came up in Sunday’s post-game locker room.

A reporter asked whether Hall’s performance in Sunday’s win over the Giants — which featured a nifty one-handed interception — was sweeter considering the previous week’s game.

“Who did we play last week?” Hall asked.

“Patriots,” said a teammate.

“Oh, New England? Nah, I thought I had a great game against New England,” he said. “Obviously didn’t get the picks and things like that. But I feel like I played pretty good against those guys. I feel like we all did. We definitely gave up some plays we felt like we shouldn’t have. But I don’t feel like I had a bad game at all.”

The subject came up again later when NBC 4’s Dan Hellie pressed a bit more. Here’s how it went:

“You got hammered pretty good last week,” Hellie said, “and you always respond pretty well --”

“What is ‘hammered,’ man?” asked Hellie. “Tell me what’s ‘hammered?’”

“They showed that Gronkowski play over and over and over --” Hellie said.

Okay, and I thought he stepped out. He didn’t step out. Cool. Why everybody act like I haven’t got 95 tackles and I don’t hit people?” Hall said.

“Nobody’s acting --”

“Look at the film,” said Hall.

“-- but what I’m saying is, that’s what people say and that’s what --” Hellie continued.

“Yeah, that’s what they see and that’s people outside of football.”

“Well, it’s inside of football,” Hellie said. “They showed it during the game today and you responded well. That’s my question.”

I’m not worried about that one play, man. It happens. I thought the kid stepped out of bounds. He didn’t step out of bounds. Next time, I’ll try to kill him for you. Now somebody gonna say I’m gonna try to kill Gronkowski. You can’t win, man. You can’t win for trying. But, you know, no matter what happened, man, last week -- each week is a different challenge.”

I defend D Hall because I think he gets killed in the media simply because many people don't like him. I can understand why people may not like his persona, but I must say, I didn't think he gave up on that play. It definitely was not a Fat Albert, walrus-style lay-down against the Eagles.

If D Hall did think Gronk stepped out of bounds, and he ran over, sold-out and hit him, he would have drawn a flag for 15 yards. Like I said last week, people were just whining and complaining as usual. I was more mad about the flag throwing incident. If anything, Reed Doughty and Gomes should be ashamed of that pathetic attempt at a tackle. They're the ones who looked like rag dolls.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby mastdark81 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:24 am

Fluke plays like that happen in the NFL like I said after it happened. Did you see Pierre Paul's miss tackle on Darrell Young this game? Every single week there is going to be plays that happen like that unfortunately.

Only player I've EVER seen quit on a play purposely was Randy Moss in the entire 20+ years watching football...and

For you haters how bout that one hand DHALL pick?!! Wait yall mad now at him now b/c he could have dropped it for intentially using one hands instead of two? HAHAHAH
SKINS4LIFE!! Good win.

---

Re: D'Angelo Hall Ticked, Addresses Pats Play

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:29 am

Really, it's a shame how bad Skins fans rag on our guys. It's really pathetic.

You can tell that a lot of the animosity fans show towards players is extremely biased...and is based off of "perceptions" people have.

Every time I see the word "thug" used, I want to slap the person that said it.
Last edited by Chris Luva Luva on Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:36 am

mastdark81 wrote:Only player I've EVER seen quit on a play purposely was Randy Moss in the entire 20+ years watching football

Really? I've seen more than that. Haynesworth last year, for example, laying on the turf while Mike Vike turned a broken play into a touchdown . . .
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:37 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Really, it's a shame how bad Skins fans rag on our guys. It's really pathetic.

A lot times you can tell that a lot of the animosity fans show towards players is extremely biased...

+1

That has been apparent to me for a while. But, it's never been as bad as this year. Case in point - I like Tim Tebow. He's a winner. Unorthodox. I get all that. But, some people straight HATE that guys guts. And, that just proves to me that many fans are mean spirited people who have extreme bias towards certain players. D Hall is one of those polarizing guys. And, after getting stabbed--some people here bent over backwards to justify cutting Brandon Banks.

It's really pretty funny. Sad. But, funny. I am somewhat of an enigma. I love and watch football objectively. I am a purist. I don't hate players. I hate losers.

**Except for the Cowboys. I hate all of their players. It just helps that they're all losers to boot.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:42 am

The Hogster wrote:And, after getting stabbed--some people here bent over backwards to justify cutting Brandon Banks.

OMG HE'S A THUG!!! Hide the children.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:45 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
The Hogster wrote:And, after getting stabbed--some people here bent over backwards to justify cutting Brandon Banks.

:lol:
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby mastdark81 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:53 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:

I agree this board is actually alot better than others but that "thug" word is thrown around often everywhere, but truth be told 99% is usually when referencing black players smh. Chris Cooley can flash his peter on the world wide web but can't do no wrong to the same fans that criticize Hall.

I try to be fair to everybody and not personal. I'm a fan of the Redskins and I understand our players are human. So most of their antics dont bother me as long as they are available and bringing 100% during the games.

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:55 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Really, it's a shame how bad Skins fans rag on our guys. It's really pathetic.

You can tell that a lot of the animosity fans show towards players is extremely biased...and is based off of "perceptions" people have.

Hall brings it on himself. He's always doing things to draw attention to himself, both on an off the field. I have no problem with that, but if you're going to do it, at least back it up with your play and Hall doesn't. He's mediocre, at best, and the only thing he brings is the occasional int because he certainly can't cover. The stupid comments about Romo, a history of incredibly stupid and immature penalties, getting into it with the Falcons bench, etc., and that's just as a Redskin. You go back to his time in Atlanta, and also Oakland, and it's more stupidity from Hall. The guy is a team captain and should be a leader on the team, and instead he acts like a jerk far too often.
Suck and Luck

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:14 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:Hall brings it on himself.

I don't diagree but he also gets A LOT of undeserved hatred.

Just like with Carlos people have UNREALISTIC expectations of what he should be doing. And JUST like Carlos Rogers, who presence will be missed if he was to leave. Hall can do 100 things right but if he makes one mistake, it's 2-3 pages dedicated to getting rid of him.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:29 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:

Hall brings it on himself. He's always doing things to draw attention to himself, both on an off the field. I have no problem with that, but if you're going to do it, at least back it up with your play and Hall doesn't. He's mediocre, at best, and the only thing he brings is the occasional int because he certainly can't cover. The stupid comments about Romo, a history of incredibly stupid and immature penalties, getting into it with the Falcons bench, etc., and that's just as a Redskin. You go back to his time in Atlanta, and also Oakland, and it's more stupidity from Hall. The guy is a team captain and should be a leader on the team, and instead he acts like a jerk far too often.

I understand frustration with his personality, but to say he's mediocre is just wrong. The guy has gone to the Pro Bowl with ATL, and WAS. And, has been the MVP of the Pro Bowl. He's an average man to man "cover corner" but he's an above average corner in zone schemes. The guy is basically the opposite of Carlos Rogers. Rogers was a very solid man corner, but fell asleep in zone and couldn't make a play if it fell in his lap.

D Hall is an emotional player who is still immature when it comes to handling that emotion, but people trash the guy. I'll say this. He singlehandedly beat the Cowboys last year which should get him a longer leash with the fans. If Hall was a lock down corner who made plays, he'd be Revis. He ain't Revis. But, neither is anyone else.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:32 pm

And if he was Revis, he wouldn't be here because we wouldn't be able to afford him.

Our fans expect EVERY player to be a pro-bowler. Many have ZERO knowledge of how different players/corps effect the other. What's sad is that, they almost refuse to grasp the concepts.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:15 pm

The Hogster wrote:D Hall is an emotional player who is still immature when it comes to handling that emotion, but people trash the guy.

This is precisely the reason why people trash him in the first place! He's a 28 year old man making millions of dollars to PLAY a sport. There should be no room for immaturity. And I have no problem when people use the word "thug" to describe him. I think it's more directed at his attitude/play and not the man himself. Anyone who cannot play four quarters of level headed (trash talking, throwing flags, etc.) football is an idiot. There's a reason why his nickname is "MeAngelo".

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:14 pm

I have never advocated cutting Hall. I love his heart and he's an above average and a great zone CB.

With that said, I have stated that I think he should lose his "C". Committing dumb penalties at the expense of your team while losing your cool is not how a captain should be playing.

I feel the same way about T. Williams...probably even more so. If that guy comes back with a "C", it sets a bad precedent.

That letter is reserved for the best on the team. You have to have the passion, athletics, brains, and the ability to keep your cool under pressure. Hall has the heart and skills to a degree, but his emotions can never be contained.

Williams lacks much of those attributes.
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:40 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:And if he was Revis, he wouldn't be here because we wouldn't be able to afford him.

Our fans expect EVERY player to be a pro-bowler. Many have ZERO knowledge of how different players/corps effect the other. What's sad is that, they almost refuse to grasp the concepts.

I'm not expecting him to be a Pro Bowler, I'm expecting a 28-year old team captain to not act like an idiot and to show show maturity and composure on the field. I don't think that we should get rid of him, but I think that Shanahan should have benched him after the way he acted and played in the Patriots game.
Suck and Luck

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football