D'Angelo Hall Ticked, Addresses Pats Play

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:42 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:And if he was Revis, he wouldn't be here because we wouldn't be able to afford him.

Our fans expect EVERY player to be a pro-bowler. Many have ZERO knowledge of how different players/corps effect the other. What's sad is that, they almost refuse to grasp the concepts.

I'm not expecting him to be a Pro Bowler, I'm expecting a 28-year old team captain to not act like an idiot and to show show maturity and composure on the field. I don't think that we should get rid of him, but I think that Shanahan should have benched him after the way he acted and played in the Patriots game.

Ur talking about his attitude, I'm talking about his skill-set. I don't disagree that he needs to mature in some ways but I also don't think it's as big of a deal as some people make it.

When it comes to his skills, he's needlessly knocked by the fan-base. Most of that stems from a lack of understanding.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Re: D'Angelo Hall Ticked, Addresses Pats Play

Postby riggofan » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:21 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Really, it's a shame how bad Skins fans rag on our guys. It's really pathetic.

Good stuff man - totally agree.

Its a fair response from Hall too that he thought the guy stepped out of bounds. So he hits the guy out of bounds and gets a flag? It was just a weird play. Ask Jason Pierre-Paul if stuff like that ever happens to good players.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:07 pm

The Hogster wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:Really, it's a shame how bad Skins fans rag on our guys. It's really pathetic.

A lot times you can tell that a lot of the animosity fans show towards players is extremely biased...

+1

That has been apparent to me for a while. But, it's never been as bad as this year. Case in point - I like Tim Tebow. He's a winner. Unorthodox. I get all that. But, some people straight HATE that guys guts. And, that just proves to me that many fans are mean spirited people who have extreme bias towards certain players. D Hall is one of those polarizing guys. And, after getting stabbed--some people here bent over backwards to justify cutting Brandon Banks.

It's really pretty funny. Sad. But, funny. I am somewhat of an enigma. I love and watch football objectively. I am a purist. I don't hate players. I hate losers.

**Except for the Cowboys. I hate all of their players. It just helps that they're all losers to boot.

To your T-bow point, that goes both ways. The majority of Tebow's ballyhooing is based resolutely in people's biases. Then you have the secondary fan and opponent of Tebow camps that are populated solely by those responding to what they perceive or understand to be support/attack on him solely as a result of those biases, and the dance goes on and on.

Personally, I think the point you and CLL raise is just a microcosm of a larger undercurrent of venom that is infecting people in this country. And its starting to infect good, rational people and not just the extremists and the intellectually lazy. Not to be flip, but it reminds of Ghostbusters II and that ooze under the city that was just liquid hate/evil. But that's all way, way, WAY off topic.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:34 pm

OK, here is the play again from two different angles:

Sideline angle and end zone angle.

Stop the vid at 0:35 and 0:36 second on the end zone angle and then explain how Hall thought he was going out of bounds.

Defend Hall all you want, but on this play, what Hall does goes against the fundaments of football - Play till the whistle blows! Isn't that what we expect of the players on our team?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIoNTSmxP7E

Now for those who want to claim Hall is always being picked on - Do you realize he was criticized for the same things on those two other teams?

Here's another video for Hall

0:19 - 0:22 Perfect Lyrics for Hall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UnPzp2lmNk
Last edited by Red_One43 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:14 pm

Here's what two more DeAngelo Hall "haters" have to say:

One of them says that DeAngelo and the whole team were embarrassed by that Gronk play. I guess this hater lied because DeAngelo doesn't sound embarrased in his response.

The other hater has the gall to say that DeAngelo should be cut AND that he is not worth the money he is being paid - Only a real hater will say that.

“Yeah, that was disappointing,” the coach said. “One of the things DeAngelo usually does is finish. A lot of corners don’t like to tackle. He’s one of the more physical guys in the league, and I know he was embarrassed by it, as well as our whole football team. You’ve got to finish when somebody’s in bounds, because sometimes things like that do happen.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/foo ... _blog.html

"The way I'm playing right now, they need to go cut me, because I'm definitely not worth what I'm getting. You can't slip. I'm the reason we lost the game. Second time in a row against Dallas. I'm definitely a little P.O.'d at myself."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... fl-wp12222

What's my point? You don't see folks critcizing London Fletcher. Why not? Because all he does is play the game - 100%. Is that too much to ask of DeAngelo or any NFL player?
Last edited by Red_One43 on Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:44 pm

emoses14 wrote:Not to be flip, but it reminds of Ghostbusters II and that ooze under the city that was just liquid hate/evil. But that's all way, way, WAY off topic.

LMAO!!! Alright, you have me sold sir.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:20 am

emoses14 wrote:
The Hogster wrote:

A lot times you can tell that a lot of the animosity fans show towards players is extremely biased...

+1

That has been apparent to me for a while. But, it's never been as bad as this year. Case in point - I like Tim Tebow. He's a winner. Unorthodox. I get all that. But, some people straight HATE that guys guts. And, that just proves to me that many fans are mean spirited people who have extreme bias towards certain players. D Hall is one of those polarizing guys. And, after getting stabbed--some people here bent over backwards to justify cutting Brandon Banks.

It's really pretty funny. Sad. But, funny. I am somewhat of an enigma. I love and watch football objectively. I am a purist. I don't hate players. I hate losers.

**Except for the Cowboys. I hate all of their players. It just helps that they're all losers to boot.

To your T-bow point, that goes both ways. The majority of Tebow's ballyhooing is based resolutely in people's biases. Then you have the secondary fan and opponent of Tebow camps that are populated solely by those responding to what they perceive or understand to be support/attack on him solely as a result of those biases, and the dance goes on and on.

Personally, I think the point you and CLL raise is just a microcosm of a larger undercurrent of venom that is infecting people in this country. And its starting to infect good, rational people and not just the extremists and the intellectually lazy. Not to be flip, but it reminds of Ghostbusters II and that ooze under the city that was just liquid hate/evil. But that's all way, way, WAY off topic.

+1

I actually really like this response. I get it too. :lol:
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:02 am

Red_One43 wrote:OK, here is the play again from two different angles:

Stop the vid at 0:35 and 0:36 second on the end zone angle and then explain how Hall thought he was going out of bounds.

Defend Hall all you want, but on this play, what Hall does goes against the fundaments of football - Play till the whistle blows! Isn't that what we expect of the players on our team?

Now for those who want to claim Hall is always being picked on - Do you realize he was criticized for the same things on those two other teams?

I'm a Hall fan and defender, but I can't defend this. What I see in that video is exactly what I saw during the play. Hall was facing the play, and Gronk was 3-5 yards from the sideline, with two Redskins in pursuit and attempting a tackle, with Hall FACING the play. Hall should have stuck is hat in there from the front to stop forward progress at about the 43 yard line to assure the stop. Instead, he stood there like a statue, and the Pats gained 32 more yards, down to the Redskin 11 yard line.

His arse should have been CHEWED ... coachs and players taking a bite.

Maybe he was looking for a flag to throw.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:21 am

RayNAustin wrote:

I'm a Hall fan and defender, but I can't defend this. What I see in that video is exactly what I saw during the play. Hall was facing the play, and Gronk was 3-5 yards from the sideline, with two Redskins in pursuit and attempting a tackle, with Hall FACING the play. Hall should have stuck is hat in there from the front to stop forward progress at about the 43 yard line to assure the stop. Instead, he stood there like a statue, and the Pats gained 32 more yards, down to the Redskin 11 yard line.

I am almost about to vomit on myself. This video proves that you guys are over reacting. For one, pause your own video at 37 seconds dude. Look how close Gronk's foot is to out of bounds. Also note that he has 2 safeties draped all over him. To say that Hall should have hit him anyway when you're watching from your candy @$$ and not the field makes me want to literally throw up on myself.

Also, look at your own video again bud. Pause it at 13 seconds and watch Barry Cofield slow up and stop too. Watch at 14 secs how Stephen Bowen actually turns and starts WALKING away. That play basically is a fluke. It could have been whistled dead for forward progress being stopped, the dude could have thought he stepped out of bounds, OR maybe JUST MAYBE Reed Dougty (who gets a pass for sucking BTW) could have made the tackle since he already had another guy helping him??

Like I said, if Hall did hit him, and Gronks foot was out of bounds, all of you ladies would be here spilling your heart out about why he should not have gotten a 15 yard penalty. Face it. This play is a fluke play. Nothing like a lack of effort play i.e. Fat Albert laying down like a beached whale.

And, yes Hall and Shanahan will say they are embarrased by the play because HE WASN"T OUT OF BOUNDS DUDE. It's not rocket science. It's called messing up, being mistaken, having a lack of judgment.

It's funny how none of you blame Reed Dougty for that pathetic tackle attempt, yet most of you complain about the D Hall tackle attempt on Delhomme. Get lives. Pull yourselves together. I have one woman to calm down daily. She's my wife.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:23 am

The Hogster wrote:It's funny how none of you blame Reed Dougty for that pathetic tackle attempt, yet most of you complain about the D Hall tackle attempt on Delhomme.

Maybe I missed it, but did Reed Doughty pull a boneheaded personal foul that cost us 15 yards by picking up an official's flag and throw it out of anger?

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:31 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:
The Hogster wrote:It's funny how none of you blame Reed Dougty for that pathetic tackle attempt, yet most of you complain about the D Hall tackle attempt on Delhomme.

Maybe I missed it, but did Reed Doughty pull a boneheaded personal foul that cost us 15 yards by picking up an official's flag and throw it out of anger?

We're not talking about that play. I said myself that I was more upset about that than the Gronk play. Is that all you got??
SPIT HAPPENS!!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:36 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:

Just being a flat-out bum of a player is just as bad. 15 yards is 15 yards, whether it comes from being a bum or an temporary idiot. Either way, they both cost us yards. At the end of the day, you take the talented & occasional idiot. If teams won using bum goody-twoshoe's who's poop doesn't stink, 90% of this forum would be in the NFL.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:55 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:

Just being a flat-out bum of a player is just as bad. 15 yards is 15 yards, whether it comes from being a bum or an temporary idiot. Either way, they both cost us yards. At the end of the day, you take the talented & occasional idiot. If teams won using bum goody-twoshoe's who's poop doesn't stink, 90% of this forum would be in the NFL.

+1

This is an example of bias at its peak. :lol: Ndamakung Suh & D Hall = Playmakers who are prone to fits of idiocy. Reed Doughty is a good guy who is prone to getting beaten like a drum. What to do, what to do. :shock:
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:07 pm

The Hogster wrote:
RayNAustin wrote:

I am almost about to vomit on myself. This video proves that you guys are over reacting. For one, pause your own video at 37 seconds dude. Look how close Gronk's foot is to out of bounds. Also note that he has 2 safeties draped all over him. To say that Hall should have hit him anyway when you're watching from your candy @$$ and not the field makes me want to literally throw up on myself.

Sorry Dude .... we will not pause the video at the 37 second mark ... we'll pause it at the very beginning of the 35 second mark where it clearly shows Hall directly in front of the play being a spectator watching two of his teammates draped on Gronkowski like a cheap suit, a good 4 yards from the sideline. The play is moving laterally toward the sideline but was no where near the out of bounds line. And Hall had no blocker on him and a clear, unimpeded path to the ball carrier.

He stood there, watching the play in front and past him, with him making no move toward the play, allowing it to be turned up field for an additional 32 yard gain. One shove from Hall would have driven the play out of bounds saving 30 yards on the play.

How anyone can watch that video and come to any other conclusion escapes me. And Hall should just own it, and fess up, and promise that we'll never see that lack of effort again.

And this comes from a big Hall fan .... he just screwed up, and should man up to it.
Last edited by RayNAustin on Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:15 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
The Hogster wrote:And, after getting stabbed--some people here bent over backwards to justify cutting Brandon Banks.

OMG HE'S A THUG!!! Hide the children.

I will eat your children!

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football