D'Angelo Hall Ticked, Addresses Pats Play

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:23 pm
Location: Pasadena, MD

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:20 pm

The Hogster wrote:We're not talking about that play. I said myself that I was more upset about that than the Gronk play. Is that all you got??

At least Doughty got his "C" status removed after that play...oh wait, that's right.

#######
Posts: 7172
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:29 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:
The Hogster wrote:We're not talking about that play. I said myself that I was more upset about that than the Gronk play. Is that all you got??

At least Doughty got his "C" status removed after that play...oh wait, that's right.



Image
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:23 pm
Location: Pasadena, MD

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:13 pm

You forgot to pan out in that picture. Here's what you would have seen:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_ ... UZmisn9jBQ

#######
Posts: 7172
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:27 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:You forgot to pan out in that picture. Here's what you would have seen:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_ ... UZmisn9jBQ


Where's everybody else genius? So, let me get this straight. Reed Doughty can get thrown around like a pre-school hall monitor and that's okay. Dejon Gomes can wrap up a 6'7 Tight End up around his neck like he's giving him a gentle caress. But, the only thing wrong with this picture is that DeAngelo Hall actually thought those two grown @$$ men ( who are bigger than him BTW) could have mustered up enough strength to nudge him 2 inches out of bounds?? Even if you look at the picture that I posted, the Referee has the whistle, ALL THE WAY IN HIS MOUTH. :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Dude, get a life. Man up. I doubt Doughty or Gomes got up and felt good about themselves and blamed Hall for that. That's for you fans who have little experience playing a physical game.

Watch the video posted earlier. At 13 seconds, it's clear that not only Hall, but Barry Cofield and Stephen Bowen were nearby and they pulled up too. That play was a fluke. It could have been blown dead as long as Gronk stood there slinging off two grown men like fleas. And, if you look at the 33-37 second frames you'll see Gronk's foot was barely away from the line. You sound extra whiny going out of your way to blame D Hall for not helping 2 OTHER MEN do their jobs. There is plenty of blame to go around on that play, yet you're giving it all to Hall. I smell an agenda.
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4195
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:00 pm

The Hogster wrote:Where's everybody else genius? So, let me get this straight. Reed Doughty can get thrown around like a pre-school hall monitor and that's okay. Dejon Gomes can wrap up a 6'7 Tight End up around his neck like he's giving him a gentle caress. But, the only thing wrong with this picture is that DeAngelo Hall actually thought those two grown @$$ men ( who are bigger than him BTW) could have mustered up enough strength to nudge him 2 inches out of bounds?? Even if you look at the picture that I posted, the Referee has the whistle, ALL THE WAY IN HIS MOUTH. :lol:


haha! LMAO!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4609
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: D.C.

Postby Red_One43 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:00 pm

The Hogster wrote:
RayNAustin wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:OK, here is the play again from two different angles:

Sideline angle and end zone angle.

Stop the vid at 0:35 and 0:36 second on the end zone angle and then explain how Hall thought he was going out of bounds.

Defend Hall all you want, but on this play, what Hall does goes against the fundaments of football - Play till the whistle blows! Isn't that what we expect of the players on our team?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIoNTSmxP7E

Now for those who want to claim Hall is always being picked on - Do you realize he was criticized for the same things on those two other teams?

Here's another video for Hall

0:19 - 0:22 Perfect Lyrics for Hall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UnPzp2lmNk


I'm a Hall fan and defender, but I can't defend this. What I see in that video is exactly what I saw during the play. Hall was facing the play, and Gronk was 3-5 yards from the sideline, with two Redskins in pursuit and attempting a tackle, with Hall FACING the play. Hall should have stuck is hat in there from the front to stop forward progress at about the 43 yard line to assure the stop. Instead, he stood there like a statue, and the Pats gained 32 more yards, down to the Redskin 11 yard line.

His arse should have been CHEWED ... coachs and players taking a bite.

Maybe he was looking for a flag to throw.


I am almost about to vomit on myself. This video proves that you guys are over reacting. For one, pause your own video at 37 seconds dude. Look how close Gronk's foot is to out of bounds. Also note that he has 2 safeties draped all over him. To say that Hall should have hit him anyway when you're watching from your candy @$$ and not the field makes me want to literally throw up on myself.

Also, look at your own video again bud. Pause it at 13 seconds and watch Barry Cofield slow up and stop too. Watch at 14 secs how Stephen Bowen actually turns and starts WALKING away. That play basically is a fluke. It could have been whistled dead for forward progress being stopped, the dude could have thought he stepped out of bounds, OR maybe JUST MAYBE Reed Dougty (who gets a pass for sucking BTW) could have made the tackle since he already had another guy helping him??

Like I said, if Hall did hit him, and Gronks foot was out of bounds, all of you ladies would be here spilling your heart out about why he should not have gotten a 15 yard penalty. Face it. This play is a fluke play. Nothing like a lack of effort play i.e. Fat Albert laying down like a beached whale.

And, yes Hall and Shanahan will say they are embarrased by the play because HE WASN"T OUT OF BOUNDS DUDE. It's not rocket science. It's called messing up, being mistaken, having a lack of judgment.

It's funny how none of you blame Reed Dougty for that pathetic tackle attempt, yet most of you complain about the D Hall tackle attempt on Delhomme. Get lives. Pull yourselves together. I have one woman to calm down daily. She's my wife.


Don't know what kind of football you are talking about, but you play till the whistle is blown. Don't understand how you don't get that. At 0:35 (of course you don't want to talk about 0:35 or 0:36) of the vid, Hall is facing the play and could have easily used the sideline to cut off Gronk and tried to strip the ball. Play till the Whistle is blown!!! At least cover the play and make sure he is down.

In the NFL,How do you know a player is down? By your definition - when he looks like he is going out of bounds? (0:35 doesn't support that) No! When the whistle is blown! I can bet that you played football and I can bet that you played till the whistle is blown.

Why wait till 0:37 when at 0:35 when Hall clearly is facing the play with plenty of space between the sideline. What kind of defense is that - two seconds later after he clearly saw Gronk dragging tacklers?

Here's five more points for you -

1. Shanahan said he is disappointed in the Hall and the whole team is embarrassed. It isn't emabarassing because of poor judgment. You know the context of that Shanny statement. It is emabarrasing because Gronk ran right by the player with his back turned to the play because he failed to play through the whistle - note Shanny did say play through the whistle.

2. Why are you afraid to hold Hall to higher standards like Fletcher?

3. Gomes and Doughty - haven't heard them whine one bit this whole season or about this play. It was poor tackling and they know it and made no excuses about it.

4. Your woulda, shoulda coulda scenarios of hitting the guy with his foot out of bounds and getting a 15 yard penalty don't show up on 0:35 or 0:36 that you don't want to talk about. Tooooo much field between Gronk's foot and the sideline. Or how about your it coulda have been whistled dead? It wasn't whistled dead - you play till the whistle is blown.

5. Since when is a bad tackling and not playing through the whistle play called fluke? That is just plain lame arse football which will not get a team to the play-offs.

Question: Is it too much to ask for players to give 100% on the field early in a game against a top team? Any of you defenders of this play or coach football at any level? Is this the effort what you expect of yourself or your players?
Last edited by Red_One43 on Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4609
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: D.C.

Postby Red_One43 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:15 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:You forgot to pan out in that picture. Here's what you would have seen:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_ ... UZmisn9jBQ


There was not fogetting here. It would hurt his sargument, so of course he leaves it out.

The silly thing about the whole argument is: Folks want to make excuses for a play in which players didn't follow the fundamental rule of football -play through the whistle. No fluke - just poor tackling on two players and no effort to tackle or strip or cover the play on the other - Notice they never say that he had a chance to try to strip - they always say he would have gotten a 15 yard penalty to justify their position.

The coach has spoken on the issue and expressed his displeasure about it, but these guys try to rip us as haters. On these boards, you can find quite a few posts of mine supporting Hall - Hall is Hall, but I don't support lack of effort on the football field. Do I cut him immediately - No, but I would be on record like Shanny saying that I don't want to see that out of my players.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4609
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: D.C.

Postby Red_One43 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:23 pm

RayNAustin wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:OK, here is the play again from two different angles:

Sideline angle and end zone angle.

Stop the vid at 0:35 and 0:36 second on the end zone angle and then explain how Hall thought he was going out of bounds.

Defend Hall all you want, but on this play, what Hall does goes against the fundaments of football - Play till the whistle blows! Isn't that what we expect of the players on our team?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIoNTSmxP7E

Now for those who want to claim Hall is always being picked on - Do you realize he was criticized for the same things on those two other teams?

Here's another video for Hall

0:19 - 0:22 Perfect Lyrics for Hall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UnPzp2lmNk


I'm a Hall fan and defender, but I can't defend this. What I see in that video is exactly what I saw during the play. Hall was facing the play, and Gronk was 3-5 yards from the sideline, with two Redskins in pursuit and attempting a tackle, with Hall FACING the play. Hall should have stuck is hat in there from the front to stop forward progress at about the 43 yard line to assure the stop. Instead, he stood there like a statue, and the Pats gained 32 more yards, down to the Redskin 11 yard line.

His arse should have been CHEWED ... coachs and players taking a bite.

Maybe he was looking for a flag to throw.


Right on Ray, I have no qualms about folks defending Hall to remain as a Redskin, but I see in the vid at 0:35 just what you described. What is this talk about IF he would have got involved, he would have gotten a 15 yard penalty? Where is the Redskin spirit, if he had gotten a hat on the ball, Gronk would have fumbled or if he did his patented strip drill, he would have srtiped the ball, but no, he quit on the play. The vid is clear from the end zone view from start to finish.

This type of effort from Gomes, Doughty and Hall is not what want from Redskins players - we all know that. So why are folks defending this play by Hall? Because they feel Hall is always being picked on. They seemed to forget that Hall has been picked on since entering the league with the Falcons - his mouth and lack of cover skills will ensure that he always gets picked on. He is tolerated because he has playmaking skills.

#######
Posts: 7172
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:26 pm

Red One wrote:

Don't know what kind of football you are talking about, but you play till the whistle is blown.


Yeah. Duh. That's the football that I know too. But, apparently you've never played it competitively at any level higher than Madden. That does not always work on every play, especially slow developing plays like that one. Players don't sell out until the whistle is blown because sometimes there is a shade of grey where you make a mistake i.e. thinking the play was over, thinking the guy is out of bounds, or his forward progress is stopped. If this play were a bang bang type of play and Hall got out of harm's way, that's one thing. This play was an unusually slow developing play, and when you play sports, you play within a normal rhythm of the game. In other words, you stop when your instincts tell you the action is over. And, if you watch the clip without bias, you will see that Barry Cofield and Bowen also pulled up and turned away from the play. Proving that it wasn't just Hall who felt the play was over. Pretty simple.
Why are you afraid to hold Hall to higher standards like Fletcher?


I'm not. I think you are against giving Hall the benefit of the doubt because you are already biased against him. Proof: other players pulled up on that play but nobody is ragging them because their last name isn't Hall. 2 other players made pathetic tackle attempts, nobody is ragging them either.

Put simply, if Reed Doughty and Hall changed places in this video, everyone would be crying about that pI$$ poor tackle.
:wink:

Gomes and Doughty - haven't heard them whine one bit this whole season or about this play. It was poor tackling and they know it and made no excuses about it.


They never had to because like I said, they got a pass and Hall has to answer all of the questions as if those two guys are without blame.
You woulda, shoulda coulda scenarios of hitting the guy with his foot out of bounds and getting a 15 yard penalty don't show up on 0:35 or 0:36 that you don't want to talk about.


You can't have it both ways. Players are asked to make in-game judgments on when to run through a guy, and when not to. London Fletcher was flagged for roughing the QB just for lunging into him when he was sliding. The message sent to players is that you should think before hitting a guy, and in this play--ON THE SIDELINE--with two guys hanging all over a guy for a few seconds, is a fluke. There's usually either(i) a whistle, (ii) tackle, or (iii) out of bounds step by then.

You people want to ignore the fact that D Hall has something like 100 tackles this year. He's not a corner who doesn't tackle. And, here, all he needed to do was shove Gronk out of bounds. Do you really think he didn't push him on purpose?? :roll: Do you really think he was standing there because he wanted to let him get down field?? D Hall is one of the fiery competitors on this team. Like I said, this is classic bashing and over reacting. I'm more upset about the flag throwing incident than this. THIS WAS A FLUKISH play.
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

#######
Posts: 7172
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:31 pm

Red_One43 wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:You forgot to pan out in that picture. Here's what you would have seen:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_ ... UZmisn9jBQ


There was not fogetting here. It would hurt his sargument, so of course he leaves it out.

The silly thing about the whole argument is: Folks want to make excuses for a play in which players didn't follow the fundamental rule of football -play through the whistle. No fluke - just poor tackling on two players and no effort to tackle or strip or cover the play on the other - Notice they never say that he had a chance to try to strip - they always say he would have gotten a 15 yard penalty to justify their position.

The coach has spoken on the issue and expressed his displeasure about it, but these guys try to rip us as haters. On these boards, you can find quite a few posts of mine supporting Hall - Hall is Hall, but I don't support lack of effort on the football field. Do I cut him immediately - No, but I would be on record like Shanny saying that I don't want to see that out of my players.


So now you're telling D Hall how to make a turnover?? :lol: Do you even hear what you're saying?? Hall is one of the only Redskins since Sean Taylor who causes turnovers. For you to whine and moan as if he's not trying to do that is just well....fill in the blank.
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

Skins History Buff
Posts: 4831
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:36 pm
Location: New York, NY

Postby welch » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:46 pm

Nyjer Morgan? No, he's not.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4609
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: D.C.

Postby Red_One43 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:00 pm

The Hogster wrote:Red One wrote:

Don't know what kind of football you are talking about, but you play till the whistle is blown.


Yeah. Duh. That's the football that I know too. But, apparently you've never played it competitively at any level higher than Madden. That does not always work on every play, especially slow developing plays like that one. Players don't sell out until the whistle is blown because sometimes there is a shade of grey where you make a mistake i.e. thinking the play was over, thinking the guy is out of bounds, or his forward progress is stopped. If this play were a bang bang type of play and Hall got out of harm's way, that's one thing. This play was an unusually slow developing play, and when you play sports, you play within a normal rhythm of the game. In other words, you stop when your instincts tell you the action is over. And, if you watch the clip without bias, you will see that Barry Cofield and Bowen also pulled up and turned away from the play. Proving that it wasn't just Hall who felt the play was over. Pretty simple.
Why are you afraid to hold Hall to higher standards like Fletcher?


I'm not. I think you are against giving Hall the benefit of the doubt because you are already biased against him. Proof: other players pulled up on that play but nobody is ragging them because their last name isn't Hall. 2 other players made pathetic tackle attempts, nobody is ragging them either.

Put simply, if Reed Doughty and Hall changed places in this video, everyone would be crying about that pI$$ poor tackle.
:wink:

Gomes and Doughty - haven't heard them whine one bit this whole season or about this play. It was poor tackling and they know it and made no excuses about it.


They never had to because like I said, they got a pass and Hall has to answer all of the questions as if those two guys are without blame.
You woulda, shoulda coulda scenarios of hitting the guy with his foot out of bounds and getting a 15 yard penalty don't show up on 0:35 or 0:36 that you don't want to talk about.


You can't have it both ways. Players are asked to make in-game judgments on when to run through a guy, and when not to. London Fletcher was flagged for roughing the QB just for lunging into him when he was sliding. The message sent to players is that you should think before hitting a guy, and in this play--ON THE SIDELINE--with two guys hanging all over a guy for a few seconds, is a fluke. There's usually either(i) a whistle, (ii) tackle, or (iii) out of bounds step by then.

You people want to ignore the fact that D Hall has something like 100 tackles this year. He's not a corner who doesn't tackle. And, here, all he needed to do was shove Gronk out of bounds. Do you really think he didn't push him on purpose?? :roll: Do you really think he was standing there because he wanted to let him get down field?? D Hall is one of the fiery competitors on this team. Like I said, this is classic bashing and over reacting. I'm more upset about the flag throwing incident than this. THIS WAS A FLUKISH play.


Nice tactics blaming Bowen and Cofield and saying that we fail to notice his 100 tackles - I have posted on these boards, Hall's stats after he got NFC Player of the Week and compared them to Asomugha and Revis and his stats come out good, but we do lack a cover corner, right. We play Hall the kind of money that he is making to cover corners right. I think that we shuld expect players that make that kind of money to give 100% (Of course, I get that you are saying poor judgment). Is it too much to expect Hall to give an effort like Fletcher?

All this doesn't change the fact that you continue the ignore 0:35 of that video which clearly dispute everything you are saying. Your response is - see two seconds later - 0:37. Your response is made up of ifas, wouldas, shouldas, couldas. Another old trick you are playing is to lump everyone on the opposing side as haters - stick to the facts - 0:35 of the video is clear. The facts are the head coach doesn't like his effort, but you tried to take what he said out of context. The context is clear the play was Hall embarrassed his teammates - So Shanny is a hater like us - I bet Shanny keeps him on the team next year. Just because we recognize poor football effort doesn't make us haters.
Last edited by Red_One43 on Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4609
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: D.C.

Postby Red_One43 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:15 pm

The Hogster wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:You forgot to pan out in that picture. Here's what you would have seen:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_ ... UZmisn9jBQ


There was not fogetting here. It would hurt his sargument, so of course he leaves it out.

The silly thing about the whole argument is: Folks want to make excuses for a play in which players didn't follow the fundamental rule of football -play through the whistle. No fluke - just poor tackling on two players and no effort to tackle or strip or cover the play on the other - Notice they never say that he had a chance to try to strip - they always say he would have gotten a 15 yard penalty to justify their position.

The coach has spoken on the issue and expressed his displeasure about it, but these guys try to rip us as haters. On these boards, you can find quite a few posts of mine supporting Hall - Hall is Hall, but I don't support lack of effort on the football field. Do I cut him immediately - No, but I would be on record like Shanny saying that I don't want to see that out of my players.


So now you're telling D Hall how to make a turnover?? :lol: Do you even hear what you're saying?? Hall is one of the only Redskins since Sean Taylor who causes turnovers. For you to whine and moan as if he's not trying to do that is just well....fill in the blank.


Actually, I am asking you why you don't take a positve ifa, woulda, shoulda, coulda angle instead of saying that he would get a fifteen yard penalty. Ask yourself why you are going negative in the shoulda, coulda world (15 yard penalty) and instread of positive (ball strip) which fantasy play that didn't happen was mre likely? Hey, it's our ifa, shoulda, woulda, coulda, world, we can make happen whatever we want to happen. I get that you want a 15 yard penalty to happen because, it would justify your position.

I say - let's just stick to the facts:

His head coach publicly chastised him for the play. You can spin it all you want but it is clear that his head coach doesn't like his effort - Shanny said play through the whistle. Context is clear.

Look at 0:35 of the video and comment on that - you have still failed to do so. Your response was 0:37 by that time, yeah, it was too late to get in front of Gronk. Hall is facing Gronk with plenty of room between Gronk and the sideline. The video doesn't lie.

You know as well as everybody on these boards, players that run their mouths are expected to "walk the walk" and when they don't, they hear about it. Try not to compare Gomes and Doughty to Hall - they are not mouthy players and their talent level isn't either - chances are they will be beaten out pretty soon, but since Hall can't cover receivers, in reference to how much he is paid, his days are numbered as well despite his mouth and talent. All of us fans look forward to a cover corner with hands some day soon.

Try comparing Hall to Fletch - interesting that you don't go there. They are both talented, but one consistenly has all star seasons even though the league won't always recognize it. One doesn't talk the talk, but he certainly walks the walk. What is the probablity that Fletch played that play like Hall?
Last edited by Red_One43 on Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4609
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: D.C.

Postby Red_One43 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:37 pm

welch wrote:Nyjer Morgan? No, he's not.


No. He is not. Which is why I wouldn't raise a fuss if he is on the team next year. But, it is clear, like a lot of other players on this team right now, Hall is a stop gap until we either draft a young stud CB or get one through free agency. We have so many holes to fill, that CB might not be the priority right now. We can live with Hall for another year (perhaps he will rebound and have a lot of playmaking plays next year), but it is inevitable that we have to get a guy who can cover the opposing team's best wide outs and despite what Hall claimed last year, he isn't that guy. We all know that.

About the Gronk play, I am concerned that as Shanny brings in high motor, work ethic guys to the team and you have a guy who talks a lot of trash and IMO takes plays off, can we afford to keep him around when we have younger guys working their tails off and walking the walk - guys like Kerrigan and Jenkins.


Don't know how valid this analysis is from last year, but if valid, Hall is a liability in coverage and he has showed it this year and throughout his career.

Hall is the Forrest Gump of cornerbacks — he'll have multi-pick games based on a mystical "right-place/right-time" ability, but he'll also run around in circles and get torched by scrubs. Washington seems the perfect spot for this talented but wildly inconsistent player.


http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... nfl-wp2995

#######
Posts: 7172
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:45 pm

Red One wrote:

I have posted on these boards, Hall's stats after he got NFC Player of the Week and compared them to Asomugha and Revis and his stats come out good


Yeah, well I'll bet those guys aren't getting trashed and bashed by their own fans for mistakes. You hear that word? Mistake? Everyone makes them. Not everyone is forgiven apparently though.

We play Hall the kind of money that he is making to cover corners right. I think that we shuld expect players that make that kind of money to give 100% (Of course, I get that you are saying poor judgment).


We pay Hall to cover Wide Receivers. We are paying Reed Doughty and Dejon Gomes to cover Tight Ends like Gronk. Should Hall help his teammates? Absolutely. Does that play support Hall's comment that he thought he was being wrestled out of bounds and there was no need for him to deliver a kill shot? Yes. He was wrong of course, but wrong is different from not trying.

Look at 0:35 of the video and comment on that


Um, yes I have. Here goes again. It looks to me like Hall is in front of the play and two guys are hanging on him and riding him out of bounds like that bullrider. He pulled up assuming that those guys would finish the job. They didn't. Now he's the blame. Nice.
Try comparing Hall to Fletch - interesting that you don't go there.


I don't make that comparison because I don't have to. If we had 22 Fletchers we would be a dynasty. Maybe 5 players in the NFL can be compared to Fletcher. So, what's your point?

Not saying that you are one of these people, but I'm sick and tired of these arm chair cynical, sky is falling, over reacting Redskins fans who think that NFL players owe them something. They don't . They make mistakes and some make more than others. It's crazy to continue to get your panties in a bunch when a player lets you down every now and then. Name a player better in our secondary right now??? I'll wait. Give the dude some slack.

If you google that play, the national consensus is that it was a Beast Like play by Gronk. Only the Redskins nation, and the guys calling the game (aikman & buck) are making it a D Hall bash fest. Enjoy your company.
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football