why we should trade up for a franchise QB

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed May 23, 2012 2:53 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
cowboykillerzRED wrote:Awww the good ol days...

Funny how wrong SJs sources were a few months ago!

This was a fun thread for sure..

I don't have any sources - I felt at the time that we should not make a trade, because we had too many holes to fill
I changed my mind when I realized how important it was to get a QB and who was going to be available

BIG DEAL :roll:

there are many posts since then that indicate my feelings on trading up and this FO
how come those have not been brought out as well? oh, that's right. - that would not suit the agenda, would it?

I'll let those that enjoy the dark stay in the past :lol:

I'm moving on ....

oh! btw - this FO made a great move in trading up to get RGIII, just in case you missed the news

:moon:

I wasn't attacking you or even talking smack my dog, just making an observation. I'm glad you have fallen for rgiii just like the rest of us that were supporting a big draft trade before it happened.
When you type opinions as factual statements, as if you have inside knowledge, it should be expected to catch a little flack for guessing wrong.
Anyhow this OLD thread was brought back... To relive those OLD posts... I did and thought it to be funny.. Glad youre on the rgiii bus now brotha, I saved you a seat cus I knew you'd hop on!

*Side note, has anyone heard anything about luck dazzling vets at Indies otas? Has he won the hearts of America on Letterman maybe?
I'll say it again after the season, but I truly believe we got the best rookie qb this year and for many years past and to come.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed May 23, 2012 3:41 pm

cowboykillerzRED wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
cowboykillerzRED wrote:Awww the good ol days...

Funny how wrong SJs sources were a few months ago!

This was a fun thread for sure..

I don't have any sources - I felt at the time that we should not make a trade, because we had too many holes to fill
I changed my mind when I realized how important it was to get a QB and who was going to be available

BIG DEAL :roll:

there are many posts since then that indicate my feelings on trading up and this FO
how come those have not been brought out as well? oh, that's right. - that would not suit the agenda, would it?

I'll let those that enjoy the dark stay in the past :lol:

I'm moving on ....

oh! btw - this FO made a great move in trading up to get RGIII, just in case you missed the news

:moon:

I wasn't attacking you or even talking smack my dog, just making an observation. I'm glad you have fallen for rgiii just like the rest of us that were supporting a big draft trade before it happened.
When you type opinions as factual statements, as if you have inside knowledge, it should be expected to catch a little flack for guessing wrong.
Anyhow this OLD thread was brought back... To relive those OLD posts... I did and thought it to be funny.. Glad youre on the rgiii bus now brotha, I saved you a seat cus I knew you'd hop on!

*Side note, has anyone heard anything about luck dazzling vets at Indies otas? Has he won the hearts of America on Letterman maybe?
I'll say it again after the season, but I truly believe we got the best rookie qb this year and for many years past and to come.

+1 to all of that.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed May 23, 2012 4:01 pm

no worries - no need for the seat - I have been firmly in place on the bus since day 1

Many here have not noticed that I used to state in all my posts that it was my opinion

- It was made clear to me that all posts here were just opinions - sooo ... I stopped stating it's my opinion .... or, I think ... shortly after this, a whole bunch of posters decided that it seemed like I was stating 'facts'

I could care less - this is a place for all of us to air our opinions and how some posters here take that is not my concern

thanks for the post though

cheers

btw - Luck is going to prove to be a great QB - If Mike had wanted Luck he would have tried to get him

RGIII is also going to be a great QB - he was very fortunate to come to a franchise that offers a lot better HC and an offense that offers him a much better opportunity to showcase his talents

there is no doubt that Mike thinks that RGIII offers him a better QB for what he wants to do and for our future
RG3 needs to learn how to play QB in the NFL so he can take advantage of the weapons he has

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed May 23, 2012 10:27 pm

SkinsJock wrote:Bruce and Mike are looking ahead and planning on how to have another draft as good as or even better than the last draft

we will see a slew of QBs in here - both free agents and college - we will NOT see Grossman or Beck as our starting QB

EVERYTHING will be focused on what to do to continue what they've started here

the past history of this franchise and their own mistakes are all behind them & have NO effect on our future

they might trade players they are NOT trading draft picks

they will add to the draft picks they have now

the Washington Redskins will be a playoff franchise in 2012

U weren't always onboard.. I don't care to dig up quotes of you saying rgiii is NOT our guy.
By saying they are NOT trading draft picks vs I don't see them trading draft picks changes it to opinion.
I don't give a damn how you post we all are used to it jus like my drunk posts w mad typos and my ghetto slang.
It's what ever. Whiff for griff and luck can suck it
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu May 24, 2012 6:57 am

cowboykillerzRED wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:Bruce and Mike are looking ahead and planning on how to have another draft as good as or even better than the last draft
we will see a slew of QBs in here - both free agents and college - we will NOT see Grossman or Beck as our starting QB
EVERYTHING will be focused on what to do to continue what they've started here

the past history of this franchise and their own mistakes are all behind them & have NO effect on our future

they might trade players they are NOT trading draft picks
they will add to the draft picks they have now

the Washington Redskins will be a playoff franchise in 2012

U weren't always onboard.. I don't care to dig up quotes of you saying rgiii is NOT our guy.

:shock: are you serious - have at it :lol:
By saying they are NOT trading draft picks vs I don't see them trading draft picks changes it to opinion.
I don't give a damn how you post we all are used to it jus like my drunk posts w mad typos and my ghetto slang.
It's what ever. Whiff for griff and luck can suck it

I'll repeat this for you just once - all posts here are opinions

my opinion/thoughts about trading draft picks changed because of posts/opinions of others here that I respect

Like you, I also don't give a damn about many of the posters here

I can remember posts that I made that were in support of Snyder as an owner, now I cannot stand him - I really think we'd be better off without him

so what - it's a site where you take the good with the really stupid - it is what it is :lol:

have fun with that research :lol:
RG3 needs to learn how to play QB in the NFL so he can take advantage of the weapons he has

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu May 24, 2012 8:24 am

cowboykillerzRED wrote:*Side note, has anyone heard anything about luck dazzling vets at Indies otas? Has he won the hearts of America on Letterman maybe?

I was wondering the same thing. I'm gonna go ask on their message board.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Thu May 24, 2012 9:02 am

Luck hasn't been able to participate in OTAs yet because of some asinine rule. I'm sure he is going to be an excellent player, maybe even one of the best in the league, but I'm glad we got Griffin. Griffin just has this confidence about him and he's seems to be very intelligent and articulate. I can't wait to see what he does on the field.
XVII XXII XXVI

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu May 24, 2012 1:27 pm

Oh that's right andy, I think he is finishing school before he can attend otas, totally spaced that out.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu May 24, 2012 2:00 pm

I'm in favor ot the 'skins trading with the Rams to get RGIII.

Hope it happens.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby Mississippiskinsfan2 » Thu May 24, 2012 2:11 pm

Countertrey wrote:I'm in favor ot the 'skins trading with the Rams to get RGIII.

Hope it happens.

The browns are going to end up with him

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu May 24, 2012 2:36 pm

Countertrey wrote:I'm in favor ot the 'skins trading with the Rams to get RGIII.

Hope it happens.

Springtime taking it's time getting into Maine this year?? :lol:

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Thu May 24, 2012 2:52 pm

Mississippiskinsfan2 wrote:

Hope it happens.

Lol. You'll be saying Tebow to the Jets next!!!!!!!

ROTFALMAO
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Fri May 25, 2012 3:22 pm

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:

Hope it happens.

ROTFALMAO

No Tebow is staying in Denver. No way he leaves town.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri May 25, 2012 5:00 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:

Hope it happens.

ROTFALMAO

Yeah, not unless Denver can sign Peyton Manning away from the Colts. :roll:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Fri May 25, 2012 5:38 pm

Deadskins wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:

Hope it happens.

ROTFALMAO

Yeah, not unless Denver can sign Peyton Manning away from the Colts. :roll:

There's no way the Colts let Manning go. Manning is the only four-time MVP in NFL history. The Colts will pay his $28 million bonus and restructure his contract. The Colts have all the leverage.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football