why we should trade up for a franchise QB

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:17 pm

I don't drink that stuff :lol:

To trade up to # 2 means we'd get RGIII
we'd give up this year's 2nd pick plus next year's 1st and 2nd - I don't see these guys doing that UNLESS they really, really like him

Not doing it and trading down form the 6th pick is ADDING the top 50 players :wink:
one should always try to look on the bright side ... especially Redskins fans after the past 20 plus years

things will get better .... hopefully soon

Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby VRIEL1 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:58 pm

Why we should trade down for our franchise QB....

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:53 pm

VRIEL1 wrote:Why we should trade down for our franchise QB....

+1

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon May 21, 2012 7:17 pm

DarthMonk wrote:Not sure if this has been asked but ...

Does anyone currently have a worse situation than we do at QB?

NFC

East? No.

North? No.

South? No.

West? No, not even Seattle.

AFC

East? No. Jets maybe but not yet.

North? No. Browns maybe but who would you rather have - Rex or Colt?

South? Maybe Indy. Maybe the Jags.

West? No.

I say the only teams that have a worse QB situation than we are maybe Indy and the Jags. Indy solves their problem with Luck. As the 2nd pick dangles in the wind we are the team with the worst QB situation in the league.

cowboykillerzRED wrote:To the topic of why we SHOULD trade up.. I don't want to sound redundant. I post Darth posts.. and we get the same hum drum bs we need those valuable picks. We've traded picks before.... For over the hill FA NOT a franchise qb. Now is the time folks... I don't give an ish how old you are we've all waited long enough for THE GUY.
I'd trade a boatload picks players what ever, we are Snyder rich and can bring in FA that WANT to play here w a franchise qb (face of the team)
Who in the mfs is gonna be behind center if we draft a second tier qb? Rex? Who are you wanting trade down sayers? U think payton? Talk about pay day.. Oooo ooooo how bout we lure Breezy away from NO!

Facts are facts and number two over all is our BEST shot.

Unless we can get Bradford or even McCoy... Doubtful as that is... We are utterly screwed. I'm sick of this crap man B&G used to mean something. If we get another bandaid pos fa qb then shanny too has failed us.
Fingers crossed for the above photo come September.

Please reply w valid options that can open my usually optimistic mind.. ( I was a Becksy supporter in the offseason so it only takes a little fluffing) wth is gonna pass the ball bring in FAs sell tickets motivate the team and win the East?

Nice to see people coming around, huh red?

I guess a more current pic is warranted.

=P~
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon May 21, 2012 9:20 pm

and we didn't have to give up much to get him

this guy is worth a lot more than the picks we gave

man oh man, are we ever lucky :P
one should always try to look on the bright side ... especially Redskins fans after the past 20 plus years

Hail to the Redskins

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon May 21, 2012 9:32 pm

DarthMonk wrote: Nice to see people coming around, huh red?

:lol: are you kidding me - almost everyone has been dying for this day since we made the trade :twisted:

'coming around' - this is like a cult movement :lol:

the only guys that don't think RGIII is a future super star are most likely not NFL fans

Hail to the Redskins

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon May 21, 2012 10:22 pm

Oh lord . . . this thread.

Good times.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue May 22, 2012 5:58 am

SkinsJock wrote:
Deadskins wrote:... We don't have that many holes to fill that we can't do it in one off-season any more. With the draft and free agency, I think we can fill our holes and still get more depth this year.

proof positive that you really are not in touch :twisted: I used to think that I was optimistic - you are dreaming

Hard to believe this was just a few months ago. :twisted:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue May 22, 2012 7:24 am

We're not there yet - we are getting there

we both think the franchise is a lot better off
- I do not agree with your thinking that we 'only have a few holes to fill' and that can be done in one off-season

adding players is one thing - having them play together effectively takes more time

I'm hoping we can get into the playoffs - you're implying we are going to win the NFC East
We can win the NFC East ...... but doing it is another thing

we shall see :twisted:

Hail to the Redskins

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue May 22, 2012 7:24 am

SkinsJock wrote:
DarthMonk wrote: Nice to see people coming around, huh red?

:lol: are you kidding me - almost everyone has been dying for this day since we made the trade :twisted:

Yeah, but until then ... well, just look at the previous 24 pages of handwringing.

Deadman was stiff early, Skeletor, elprez19, ... a few others.

Here's a sampling just from page 1:

they are NOT trading draft picks

We aren't a QB away. That's why I'm not in favor of trading several 1st and 2nd round picks for RG3.

I think there is a better use for our 1st round pick than QB and I really do hope we trade down, acquire more picks and get a QB later who's a better fit for our offense.

I do NOT want to waste draft picks on ANYONE.

Gosh I want this to work. Seems so right to me. Seems like WE finally got that guy. I remember how pissed I was when Romo seemingly came out of nowhere - sometimes it seemed like we were the only team without a QB. But now ...

DarthMonk

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue May 22, 2012 7:53 am

and here we are :lol:

moving on ....

there are very few that do not think the Redskins did the right thing

we have a future great QB that we can continue to build around - he will need time and the offense will need time

this franchise has come a long way but we were in dire straits

we're getting there - I'm looking forward to this season but more to the future when we can get to be a dominant force again

Hail to the Redskins

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue May 22, 2012 1:13 pm

Awww the good ol days...

Funny how wrong SJs sources were a few months ago! Lmao I guess Mike didn't tell Kyle the plan for RGiii as soon as he knew.

This was a fun thread for sure..

Darth the new rgiii pic/card almost brings a tear to my eye. It happened and we WILL see the real thing in December. I feel like I was a good boy all year and Santa got me exactly what I asked for! Lmao
HTTR
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue May 22, 2012 1:36 pm

cowboykillerzRED wrote:Awww the good ol days...

Funny how wrong SJs sources were a few months ago!

This was a fun thread for sure..

I don't have any sources - I felt at the time that we should not make a trade, because we had too many holes to fill
I changed my mind when I realized how important it was to get a QB and who was going to be available

BIG DEAL :roll:

there are many posts since then that indicate my feelings on trading up and this FO
how come those have not been brought out as well? oh, that's right. - that would not suit the agenda, would it?

I'll let those that enjoy the dark stay in the past :lol:

I'm moving on ....

oh! btw - this FO made a great move in trading up to get RGIII, just in case you missed the news

:moon:

Hail to the Redskins

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue May 22, 2012 6:08 pm

SkinsJock wrote:BIG DEAL :roll:

Not going after you, bro. I have long been a "Don't trade up" guy. Someone changed my mind on this one too - way back in October. I'm just glad so many are "coming around" and I find it gratifying how quickly it happened once RGIII actually became a Redskin. He is an amazing human being. Let's hope one of the good guys can avoid some bad breaks.

Hail.

DarthMonk

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue May 22, 2012 9:30 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
SkinsJock wrote: BIG DEAL :roll:
Not going after you, bro. I have long been a "Don't trade up" guy. Someone changed my mind on this one too - way back in October. I'm just glad so many are "coming around" and I find it gratifying how quickly it happened once RGIII actually became a Redskin. He is an amazing human being. Let's hope one of the good guys can avoid some bad breaks.

Hail.

DarthMonk

no worries DM - I appreciate that

I don't remember who made me feel differently - in the early part of this year I just felt we had so many holes and we had some good draft picks last year, why not keep building through the draft

then I looked into the fact that there were 2 really good QBs and why not try and get 1 of them

QB is undeniably the biggest piece and now we have this absolute gem

I'm trying not to get too excited - I know it will take some time ...... but this kid is amazing

back at ya - Hail

Hail to the Redskins

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football