Hognostication: 6th Pick 2012 NFL Draft

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby FanofallthatisGibbs » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:14 am

Redskins_Fanatic wrote:
riggofan wrote:I don't know. I know that's the way it seems right now, because RGIII and Luck are the only QBs anybody is talking about. I bet things look a little bit different after the combine.

The heck with the combine. Which other QB has any top-end college experience? I'm not interested in guys who played second tier ball in college. They have not proven they can win under the sort of pressure that Luck and RGIII have.

I STRONGLY disagree. Look at how many "top tier" QBs in college are busts. Look at how many others that were overlooked make it. Flacco played at FCS Delaware and truly should have been in the Super Bowl if not for a dropped pass that was perfectly thrown (and I think the Ravens would have beat the Giants). Roethlissburger (sp?) played at a MAC school. Alex Smith was the man for the 49ers, but how many years was it until he finally had a great season this year? No, QB talent has far more to do with your fellow players and coaches than it does what competition you faced in college. That said, you can't teach 6'6", 240, with a 4.5 40, so raw talent is another issue.

My favorite player ever was Darell Green, out of Texas A&I. The Gibbs FO always found talent in later rounds much like the Patriots of this era. TO played for Chattanooga. Charles Haley and Gary Clark for James Madison. Rich Gannon was another Delaware QB who made it to the Super Bowl. Victor Cruz caught a TD tonight in the Super Bowl as a UFA from UMass. The lists, past and present, go on and on. Get me a real talent scout, not a hack who says, "Give me the best player from LSU, Michigan, Florida and USC..."

Nahhh, give me players with heart, with a chip on their shoulder, with something to prove. I don't want Matt Leinart, Ryan Leaf or any other college great that thinks they have it all. They have no clue. To succeed in the NFL, that hunger, that drive, ALWAYS comes first and will trump raw talent and experience.

Rant over.

Hog

Postby FanofallthatisGibbs » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:16 am

Redskins_Fanatic wrote:
riggofan wrote:I don't know. I know that's the way it seems right now, because RGIII and Luck are the only QBs anybody is talking about. I bet things look a little bit different after the combine.

The heck with the combine. Which other QB has any top-end college experience? I'm not interested in guys who played second tier ball in college. They have not proven they can win under the sort of pressure that Luck and RGIII have.

I STRONGLY disagree. Look at how many "top tier" QBs in college are busts. Look at how many others that were overlooked make it. Flacco played at FCS Delaware and truly should have been in the Super Bowl if not for a dropped pass that was perfectly thrown (and I think the Ravens would have beat the Giants). Roethlissburger (sp?) played at a MAC school. Alex Smith was the man for the 49ers, but how many years was it until he finally had a great season this year? No, QB talent has far more to do with your fellow players and coaches than it does what competition you faced in college. That said, you can't teach 6'6", 240, with a 4.5 40, so raw talent is another issue.

My favorite player ever was Darell Green, out of Texas A&I. The Gibbs FO always found talent in later rounds much like the Patriots of this era. TO played for Chattanooga. Charles Haley and Gary Clark for James Madison. Rich Gannon was another Delaware QB who made it to the Super Bowl. Victor Cruz caught a TD tonight in the Super Bowl as a UFA from UMass. The lists, past and present, go on and on. Get me a real talent scout, not a hack who says, "Give me the best player from LSU, Michigan, Florida and USC..."

Nahhh, give me players with heart, with a chip on their shoulder, with something to prove. I don't want Matt Leinart, Ryan Leaf or any other college great that thinks they have it all. They have no clue. To succeed in the NFL, that hunger, that drive, ALWAYS comes first and will trump raw talent and experience.

Rant over.

Hog

Postby FanofallthatisGibbs » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:22 am

Oh, and what about Cooley out of Utah State? That turned out ok...

As for this thread, I'd rather we trade for more picks. Another draft like last year and the Skins will be one more step towards being an established franchise with potential to compete for a championship. If a great QB falls to us a 6, ok, but let's not lose sleep over it. Fix the other holes in the damn and get a FA QB to patch things up until the team is ready.

I don't like any option we have right now. Good Rex/Bad Rex is not good for anyone's health or structure to their living room.

Hog

Postby Redskins_Fanatic » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:48 am

FanofallthatisGibbs wrote:As for this thread, I'd rather we trade for more picks. Another draft like last year and the Skins will be one more step towards being an established franchise with potential to compete for a championship. If a great QB falls to us a 6, ok, but let's not lose sleep over it. Fix the other holes in the damn and get a FA QB to patch things up until the team is ready.

"One more step towards...." GIVE ME A BREAK!!! It's been TWENTY YEARS since this team won a meaningful game. LITERALLY. The 20th anniversary of the last time the Redskins were in the Super Bowl went by about a week and a half ago. If this team doesn't find a Franchise QB, it'll be another two decades and we'll still be waiting for a trip back to the Super Bowl. You saw last night the difference between a FRANCHISE Quarterback and a SYSTEM Quarterback.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:29 am

FanofallthatisGibbs wrote:
Redskins_Fanatic wrote:The heck with the combine. Which other QB has any top-end college experience? I'm not interested in guys who played second tier ball in college. They have not proven they can win under the sort of pressure that Luck and RGIII have.

I STRONGLY disagree

If you agreed with Fanatic, then you'd both be wrong. Dude, he likes to irritate people and he knows nothing about football. I wouldn't waste your time.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog

Postby Redskins_Fanatic » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:47 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:If you agreed with Fanatic, then you'd both be wrong. Dude, he likes to irritate people and he knows nothing about football. I wouldn't waste your time.

LOL. I don't like or dislike it, Kazoo. It's simply what happens when people are faced with the REALITY of the situation this team is in. They've been dog feces for two decades. Why ANYONE would buy anything with a Redskins logo on it, or pay to watch their games baffles me completely. At this point they're the train wreck that you just can't take your eyes off of. At least in the past you could make a claim that the owner was actually interested in doing things the RIGHT way, but even that has gone by the boards now.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:18 am

Redskins_Fanatic wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:If you agreed with Fanatic, then you'd both be wrong. Dude, he likes to irritate people and he knows nothing about football. I wouldn't waste your time.

LOL. I don't like or dislike it, Kazoo. It's simply what happens when people are faced with the REALITY of the situation this team is in. They've been dog feces for two decades. Why ANYONE would buy anything with a Redskins logo on it, or pay to watch their games baffles me completely. At this point they're the train wreck that you just can't take your eyes off of. At least in the past you could make a claim that the owner was actually interested in doing things the RIGHT way, but even that has gone by the boards now.

Get out of this thread. Create your own thread to rant against others. You are not welcome here, nor do I care what your views are on ANYTHING.

You are a QUITTER who does not have even the courage to QUIT when you say you would.

People, this thread is about a HOGNOSTICATION for the 6th pick. Read the top. Those who wish to waste their time with this troll should do so in the Smack forum.

Please do not bring the level of the discussion and this board down by engaging him or encouraging him to rant.

Thanks.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:26 pm

:lol:

I don't think the Redskins are making a pick at #6

This FO will either go get RGIII or trade the pick

I understand that getting RGIII OR trading down is easier said than done - I just think they will find a way
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:57 am

I can agree with thay SJ either way w one more appealing then the other lmao
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:16 am

SkinsJock wrote::lol:

Not sure I agree. We could keep 6 and grab a WR or CB.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:15 am

Irn-Bru wrote:

How about a GOOD and LEGITIMATE left tackle? :idea:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:50 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:

I doubt they give up on the Trent Williams LT experiment quite yet.
Suck and Luck

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:17 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:
Redskin in Canada wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:

Would it really be giving up on Tokey Williams to draft a LT? If we drafted aLT and moved Tokey back to his more natural position pf RT (where he excelled at college), is that really giving up on him?
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:30 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:
Redskin in Canada wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:

Would it really be giving up on Tokey Williams to draft a LT? If we drafted aLT and moved Tokey back to his more natural position pf RT (where he excelled at college), is that really giving up on him?

I think it is. He was drafted to be a LT and he's only been in the league for two seasons. He has his faults, but he hasn't been terrible by any means. Teams don't usually spend top 10 picks on right tackles and Shanahan would be admitting that he made a mistake with drafting Williams by drafting another tackle in the top 10.
Suck and Luck

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:54 pm

Can't draft a LT. No.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football