Hognostication: 6th Pick 2012 NFL Draft

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:14 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:I think it is. He was drafted to be a LT and he's only been in the league for two seasons. He has his faults, but he hasn't been terrible by any means. Teams don't usually spend top 10 picks on right tackles and Shanahan would be admitting that he made a mistake with drafting Williams by drafting another tackle in the top 10.

I agree, but the discussion of tackle I've seen is giving up on Brown not Williams. But I think that's premature as well personally. I'd like to see a full off season of rehab and address other areas.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:47 pm

1niksder wrote:With the 6th pick the Washington Redskins select Robert Griffin III meaning the Redskins will replace R.G.III with RGIII.

Plan B would be trading down with the Pats.

The #6 pick for New England's 27th, 31st and 63rd.

This only works if Blackmon is still on the board. Then get Tannehill at 27th, and trade out of the 31st for a 2nd or 3rd in 2012 and a 2nd in 2013
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:59 pm

1niksder wrote:
1niksder wrote:With the 6th pick the Washington Redskins select Robert Griffin III meaning the Redskins will replace R.G.III with RGIII.

This only works if Blackmon is still on the board. Then get Tannehill at 27th, and trade out of the 31st for a 2nd or 3rd in 2012 and a 2nd in 2013

My prediction is that Tannehill doesn't make it to 27. There's already increasing talk about him moving up the boards. My feeling is that he is Shanahan's fall back... and I suspect he will do what he needs to get him if he can't pull off a deal to land Griffin.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:16 pm

Countertrey wrote:
1niksder wrote:

My prediction is that Tannehill doesn't make it to 27. There's already increasing talk about him moving up the boards. My feeling is that he is Shanahan's fall back... and I suspect he will do what he needs to get him if he can't pull off a deal to land Griffin.

Ship #27 and #63 to the Bengals for #17. Whoever Cincy real wants at 17 should still be there at #21, T would have to then go BPA at a offensive need position at #31
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:18 am

I don't think Tannehill will be there at #27 either.

There's like 6 teams after a new QB and realistically only Flynn and Orton available in FA. Manning may be also but that's a big IF with his neck problems.
Luck and RGIII will go in the draft so that still leaves one or two teams on the hunt for a QB, so Tannehill's likely to go top 20 I think.
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Hog

Postby PickSixerTWSS » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:21 am

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:I don't think Tannehill will be there at #27 either.

There's like 6 teams after a new QB and realistically only Flynn and Orton available in FA. Manning may be also but that's a big IF with his neck problems.
Luck and RGIII will go in the draft so that still leaves one or two teams on the hunt for a QB, so Tannehill's likely to go top 20 I think.
I believe Tannehill will be there at 27 because stuff like

Browns-RG3 :cry:

Jaguars-Josh Johnson (good Competition for Gabbert)

Dolphins-Flynn

Chiefs-Campbell

Arizona-stick with Kolb and Skelton. (Skelton was clutch)

Jets-Brandon Weeden

Seahawks

Redskins

I believe the only people that challenge us for Tannehill (If we don't get RG3) are the Seattle Seahawks , But the Seahawks are very interested in Kirk Cousins.(I have them upgrading their poor pass-rush in the 1st 2 rounds.)
Hail Robert Griffin III!

21 Sean Taylor will never be forgotten.....

Hog

Postby PickSixerTWSS » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:23 am

PickSixerTWSS wrote:

Dolphins-Flynn

Chiefs-Campbell

Jets-Brandon Weeden

Seahawks

Redskins

I believe the only people that challenge us for Tannehill (If we don't get RG3) are the Seattle Seahawks , But the Seahawks are very interested in Kirk Cousins.(I have them upgrading their poor pass-rush in the 1st 2 rounds.)
So I firmly believe we have a great shot for Tannehill in the 2nd round. Or by trading up to the bottom of the 1st round with that pick.
Hail Robert Griffin III!

21 Sean Taylor will never be forgotten.....

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:33 am

PickSixerTWSS wrote:

Dolphins-Flynn

Chiefs-Campbell

Jets-Brandon Weeden

Seahawks

Redskins

OK, I forgot about Campbell as he's not coming back this way anytime soon.

But would the Jags not be interested in Tannehill rather than Johnson..?

Would the Jets prefer Weeden to Tannehill just because he's older...??

And if flynn does go to Miami, where does that leave Matt Moore..? Maybe he'd interest the Jets, Jags, Seahawks, Arizona....??

:?:

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:39 pm

I think this is unpredictable, and will drive everyone crazy by draft time. A caution, aside from Heath Shuler

- 1953, third overall pick, QB Jack Scarbath, U of Maryland Heisman runner-up, to the Washington Redskins.

- 1955. fifth overall pick, QB Ralph Guglielmi, Notre Dame, to the Washington Redskins.

In that '55 draft, the Giants drafted Rosey Grier in the third round, then Mel Triplett in the fifth, and Jimmy Patton around the six round. The Steelers drafted Johnny Unitas in the ninth round.

Who knows?

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:02 pm

Unitas was a 9th round pick?!?

Wow...

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:54 pm

I don't think the scouting in those days is quite what it is today. :roll: But it's obviously still a crap shoot. Hell, the player could get hit by a bus, or murdered in his home. Sorry, that's probably too soon. :cry:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:12 am

Well it's true you can put too much weight on things that sometimes turn out to be immaterial to a QB's eventual success (too short, too immobile, too immature, not a leader, etc).

Of our three Superbowl winning QBs only one was a 1st round pick (Williams) and he went about 19th overall.

Rypien was trained up from within, could that work with a guy like Tannehill...? Maybe, but it's a lot easier when the team is competing and winning as it was when we brought Rypien in. That's not the case now. I mean, what could Tannehill learn from Grossman...? Nothing good, that's for sure!

So perhaps it's a different situation than before, therefore getting in the best guy we can by trading up for one of the brightest prospects we've seen for a while is what needs to happen...

He's that good he could hit the ground running just like Cam did last season.

And then in my opinion, if things don't go perfectly next season, as I'm sure they wont, people will be able to give Shanny another go safe in the knowledge we have our franchise QB in place and just need to beef up other areas on the team. When you don't have a QB the fans are restless. With an RGIII you have a chance to win any game, and the fans will tuen out for that and that buys Shanny time.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:54 pm

PickSixerTWSS wrote:I believe the only people that challenge us for Tannehill (If we don't get RG3) are the Seattle Seahawks , But the Seahawks are very interested in Kirk Cousins.(I have them upgrading their poor pass-rush in the 1st 2 rounds.)

What about Miami? There are a whole bunch of articles today about Mike Sherman and Tannehill. Sherman is the new OC at Miami and was Tannehill's coach at A&M.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entr ... 8/34913845

I know Flynn has the Joe Philbin connection, but Miami has been down this path of 2d tier free agent QBs repeatedly over the past 15 years. Matt Moore, Chad Henne, Chad Pennington, Cleo Freaking Lemon, Joey Harrington, Gus Frerotte, A.J. Feeley, Jay Fiedler, Ray Lucas. The Redskins almost look like a bastion of QB stability by comparison.

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:41 pm

riggofan wrote:
PickSixerTWSS wrote:I believe the only people that challenge us for Tannehill (If we don't get RG3) are the Seattle Seahawks , But the Seahawks are very interested in Kirk Cousins.(I have them upgrading their poor pass-rush in the 1st 2 rounds.)

What about Miami? There are a whole bunch of articles today about Mike Sherman and Tannehill. Sherman is the new OC at Miami and was Tannehill's coach at A&M.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entr ... 8/34913845

I know Flynn has the Joe Philbin connection, but Miami has been down this path of 2d tier free agent QBs repeatedly over the past 15 years. Matt Moore, Chad Henne, Chad Pennington, Cleo Freaking Lemon, Joey Harrington, Gus Frerotte, A.J. Feeley, Jay Fiedler, Ray Lucas. The Redskins almost look like a bastion of QB stability by comparison.

Well its nice to know that we're not the only ones consistently making a mess of the most important position on the park...

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:11 pm

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:Well its nice to know that we're not the only ones consistently making a mess of the most important position on the park...

Oh! I feel SO MUCH BETTER now. Thanks.

Company in the pitts is sooooo rewarding. :D
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football