Hognostication: 6th Pick 2012 NFL Draft

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:44 pm

I wouldn't be shocked to see them trade down twice in the 1st round b/c I think their target is going to be a QB at the end of the 1st or 2nd round. They could stock pile 2nd and 3rd round picks.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:04 pm

frankcal20 wrote:I wouldn't be shocked to see them trade down twice in the 1st round b/c I think their target is going to be a QB at the end of the 1st or 2nd round. They could stock pile 2nd and 3rd round picks.

If they don't have an easy, and reasonable path to RGIII (in terms of the cost), this is exactly what they'll try to do.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:26 pm

The Redskins trade the #6 pick this year and next year's # 1 to the Vikings for the 3rd pick and select RGIII. This move is done for fear of Cleveland taking him at #4. It is also done so as not to give up any more picks from this draft. This leaves them with 4 more picks in the next 3 rounds which they use to further bolster the offense.

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:43 pm

wow, Blackmon is still there at 6, take him!! We don't trade up for RGIII as we signed Flynn in FA a month earlier-- wouldn't that be great? Get a qb and a stud WR with OL coming later in the draft.

Hog

Postby ArlingtonSkinsFan » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:56 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:Well, if I couldn't get the QB I really want I think this guy could open the play action up so much, even an average QB would have a field day in the Shans system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abk3HgvwEeI

Yeah, just like how with Adrian Peterson opening up the field so much, the Vikings QBs like Tarvaris Jackson, D McNabb, Webb, Ponder, have looked really, really................average.
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." -Vince Lombardi

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:35 pm

Countertrey wrote:
frankcal20 wrote:I wouldn't be shocked to see them trade down twice in the 1st round b/c I think their target is going to be a QB at the end of the 1st or 2nd round. They could stock pile 2nd and 3rd round picks.

If they don't have an easy, and reasonable path to RGIII (in terms of the cost), this is exactly what they'll try to do.

I want some of this action as well.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:48 pm

When is the deadline for posting?

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:54 pm

SprintRightOption wrote:The Colts are on the Clock...Looks like we have a trade. The Colts have traded the 1st pick to the Washington Redskins. The Redskins choose Andrew Luck, QB Stanford.

pure wishful thinking....
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Hog

Postby Jeremy81 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:00 pm

#6...riley reiff OT iowa

Cant find a trade down partner and pick up a RT

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:03 pm

Disagree. If RGIII is gone and we don't trade up, stay at 6 and take either Blackmon, Claiborne, or one of the offensive linemen. Trading down is nice and all, but we need to add some elite talent to this squad and that is exactly what we can do at 6.
Suck and Luck

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:04 pm

Red_One43 wrote:When is the deadline for posting?
Hoss hasn't posted the rules, yet... but, prolly noon on the Friday of the draft...
:wink:

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:11 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:

Disagree. If RGIII is gone and we don't trade up, stay at 6 and take either Blackmon, Claiborne, or one of the offensive linemen. Trading down is nice and all, but we need to add some elite talent to this squad and that is exactly what we can do at 6.
Claiborne, O-line, maybe... I'd be blown away if he used that pick on a WR.

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:15 pm

Bill Walsh, who taught Shanny everything he knows said to NEVER draft a WR in the 1st round. Not sure if Shanny's done it in his career or not but I'll go with that. I also think that Blackmans gone, RG3's gone, etc.

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:21 pm

frankcal20 wrote:Bill Walsh, who taught Shanny everything he knows said to NEVER draft a WR in the 1st round. Not sure if Shanny's done it in his career or not but I'll go with that. I also think that Blackmans gone, RG3's gone, etc.

Shanahan's history shows he doesn't agree with that. 2002 he drafted Ashley Lelie in the first round. Also,in 1998 the Broncos took wr Marcus Nash in the first.
Suck and Luck

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:25 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:
frankcal20 wrote:Bill Walsh, who taught Shanny everything he knows said to NEVER draft a WR in the 1st round. Not sure if Shanny's done it in his career or not but I'll go with that. I also think that Blackmans gone, RG3's gone, etc.

Shanahan's history shows he doesn't agree with that. 2002 he drafted Ashley Lelie in the first round. Also,in 1998 the Broncos took wr Marcus Nash in the first.

and how did that work out........those guys are just a blip on the history.

Shanny probably learned that Walsh was right.
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football