Hognostication: 6th Pick 2012 NFL Draft

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:10 am

Redskin in Canada wrote:
SouthLondonRedskin wrote:Well its nice to know that we're not the only ones consistently making a mess of the most important position on the park...

Oh! I feel SO MUCH BETTER now. Thanks.

Company in the pitts is sooooo rewarding. :D

LOL. I don't think its a question of the Redskins or Dolphins making a mess of the position. It just goes to show how hard it can be to find that guy. People constantly post on here that "we HAVE to get a franchise QB". "Why doesn't Shanahan get a franchise QB??" Like they freaking grow on trees.

I bet if you look at the 32 teams right now, maybe 10 of them at most have elite franchise quarterbacks. A few more like the Ravens, Falcons, and Texans *might* have their guy, but at least have sturdy, capable QBs. Its obviously not as simple as all that.

Kind of sucks for us though that every other team in the NFC east is pretty set at the position!

goskins

Postby GoSkins » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:50 pm

riggofan wrote:
Redskin in Canada wrote:
SouthLondonRedskin wrote:Well its nice to know that we're not the only ones consistently making a mess of the most important position on the park...

LOL. I don't think its a question of the Redskins or Dolphins making a mess of the position. It just goes to show how hard it can be to find that guy. People constantly post on here that "we HAVE to get a franchise QB". "Why doesn't Shanahan get a franchise QB??" Like they freaking grow on trees.

I bet if you look at the 32 teams right now, maybe 10 of them at most have elite franchise quarterbacks. A few more like the Ravens, Falcons, and Texans *might* have their guy, but at least have sturdy, capable QBs. Its obviously not as simple as all that.

Kind of sucks for us though that every other team in the NFC east is pretty set at the position!

Which is one of the key reasons why we need to focus on RG III.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:15 pm

riggofan wrote:
Redskin in Canada wrote:

Romo isn't a franchise QB. He just plays one on TV! :lol:
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:32 pm

The Hogster wrote:
riggofan wrote:
Redskin in Canada wrote:

Romo isn't a franchise QB. He just plays one on TV! :lol:

Hahah. I *knew* somebody would debate Romo!!! :)

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:44 pm

DarthMonk wrote:The St. Louis Rams are on the clock.

The St. Louis Rams have traded the 2nd pick in the draft to the Washington Redskins. (a gentle crescendo of cheers over a mild smattering of boos from the audience)

With the 2nd pick iin the draft the Washington Redskins select ...

Robert Griffin the Third. (roar)

Redskin in Canada wrote:Some people are still confusing their wish list with the pick. ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO

Brain versus heart, guys ... remember.

IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN :idea:

... ahem.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:25 pm

^^... he DOES look darned fine in B&G, donchathink?
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby the poster » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:52 pm

Countertrey wrote:^^... he DOES look darned fine in B&G, donchathink?

he looks skinny/scrawny for the nl. this isn't the weak defensive conference big 12 that's never produced a real NFL qb (despite a few of the guys like this one being a big stats guy in college).

one read and take off is his m.o. and needs to speed up his route recognition. the redskins, off season champs once more, overspent of course.

what happens when this guy turns like Vick and is too skinny to hold up for 16 games??

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:15 pm

Somebody sounds a bit... jilted. ROTFALMAO

the poser said:
"One read, and take off"...

[sarcasm] you have OBVIOUSLY watched hours of tape... [/sarcasm] see you, Mr "I love a team that has never been to a superbowl" (that must suck)... Enjoy your new quarterback, Jason Campbell... errr... Kyle Orton... errr... well, you know... somebody...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:58 pm

Same height and weight as Romo. i inch shorter but 5 pounds heavier than Aikman. 2 inches taller and 25 pounds heavier than Vick. MO is to run when all else fails or if that's the play call.

Most important - we will have him or Luck while you will have

Maybe some of the WRs you can't afford to keep will want to come here.

DarthMonk

the poster wrote:
Countertrey wrote:^^... he DOES look darned fine in B&G, donchathink?

he looks skinny/scrawny for the nl. this isn't the weak defensive conference big 12 that's never produced a real NFL qb (despite a few of the guys like this one being a big stats guy in college).

one read and take off is his m.o. and needs to speed up his route recognition. the redskins, off season champs once more, overspent of course.

what happens when this guy turns like Vick and is too skinny to hold up for 16 games??
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:12 pm

With the 3rd post in the thread, Deadskins misses the selection by one:
Deadskins wrote:With the third pick (having traded up from #6) the Washington Redskins select Robert Griffin III.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

piglet

Postby elprez19 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:44 am

This thread needs to be changed to "with the second pick in the nfl 2012 draft, the redskins pick RG3!!". What an awesome feeling this is. This is reality! This guy is going to be legit from day 1 and I believe he will have the drive to out work everyone and will be the offensive general for the next decade. We finally have the most important position locked down with authority. FU NFC east, there is a new sheriff in town and he's wearing B&G!!!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:04 am

Drum roll, please:

And the WINNER is:

Skeletor wrote:Skins trade up to #2 to take RG3

He got the pick and the player.

Several others picked RGIII before but in the wrong pick.

Congrats, brother!
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:06 am

DarthMonk wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:The St. Louis Rams are on the clock.

The St. Louis Rams have traded the 2nd pick in the draft to the Washington Redskins. (a gentle crescendo of cheers over a mild smattering of boos from the audience)

With the 2nd pick iin the draft the Washington Redskins select ...

Robert Griffin the Third. (roar)

Redskin in Canada wrote:Some people are still confusing their wish list with the pick. ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO

Brain versus heart, guys ... remember.

IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN :idea:

... ahem.

DarthMonk

I was WRONG and I am now very HAPPY to be WRONG. Peace.

We gave up the house but it might be worth it. We will see.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football