Trade scenario

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
Hog

Trade scenario

Postby Skeletor » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:59 pm

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... in-fisher/

Looks like Gregg Williams is going to join Fisher with the Rams. How's this for a trade scenario.

Franchise Landry, trade him and our first rounder to St. Louis. Williams drafted Landry and loves aggressive safeties. I suppose it would depend on Landry's health in April.

If he's healthy, I'd like to see him back with the Skins. If he's not, maybe Skins can still get some value out of him...

DarthMonk

Re: Trade scenario

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:06 pm

Skeletor wrote:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/13/peter-king-gregg-williams-expected-to-join-fisher/

Looks like Gregg Williams is going to join Fisher with the Rams.

Wow! :o

Skeletor wrote:How's this for a trade scenario.

Franchise Landry, trade him and our first rounder to St. Louis. Williams drafted Landry and loves aggressive safeties. I suppose it would depend on Landry's health in April.

What are you smoking? I actually mean that in a good way. :-k

Skeletor wrote:If he's healthy, I'd like to see him back with the Skins. If he's not, maybe Skins can still get some value out of him...

I was just thinking on the drive home today about what he's worth to us and what he's worth to the rest of the market. He's going to be old before you know it and he hasn't been healthy for a while and has more highlights both positive and neagative than he does consistently good play.

It does seem the Rams might value him more than other teams. I like it. :up:

I assume you are talking about acquiring the #2 pick. Do you think another #1 (or more) would be needed to do that? And then, who's your boy at #2?
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby Skeletor » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:52 pm

well, no point in trading up unless they're going to take RG3.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:55 pm

I could see that. If we could just bundle him with our first rounder. That woud be a great deat for us. They would probably get a late round pick too.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:16 pm

Deadskins wrote:I could see that. If we could just bundle him with our first rounder. That woud be a great deat for us. They would probably get a late round pick too.

Maybe someone can help with the "trade chart."

Looks like RAM's #1 is worth 2,600 points and ours is worth 1,600. How can we get the other 1,000 points and will it take more?

The 16th pick THIS year is worth 1,000 points. Is the 16th pick in the 2013 draft worth 1,000 points at the time of the 2012 draft?

What kind of pick could we expect to get from Radom Team for Landry, i.e., how many points is Landry worth?

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby Skeletor » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:53 am

Thinking about this some more, I think the big hangup would be that the Rams would love to have either Kailil or Blackmon, and if they trade down to 6, they're not get either of them. Perhaps if they decided they wanted to go cornerback instead, they could shore up two spots in their secondary with this trade.

But that's a long shot. Perhaps Skins would have to sweeten the deal...

I think if healthy, Landry is a potential def. MVP, and certainly worth a first round pick, but nobody's gonna know in april, whether he's over his achilles injury or not.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:40 pm

Skeletor wrote:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/13/peter-king-gregg-williams-expected-to-join-fisher/

Looks like Gregg Williams is going to join Fisher with the Rams. How's this for a trade scenario.

If he's healthy, I'd like to see him back with the Skins. If he's not, maybe Skins can still get some value out of him...

Reports are the Rams are already talking to the Phins.

I love rumors.... this on has to be true considering one team has no GM yet and the other would have to be talking to the coach that turned them down because.... they already had a GM.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby Skeletor » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:12 pm

I don't know that Phins have enough to give to make it all the way up to the second spot.

I'm still thinking Cleveland could make the move, and that would make much more sense for the Rams, they could still get Kailil or Blackmon at 4 and Cleveland has second first round pick this year.

But would love to see Cleveland pick up Flynn instead, take them out of the running for RG3

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:05 pm

Weird, I was just looking at Gregg Willliams on the sideline during the niners game today and wondering what in the hell happened to him? Looks like he and Payton both went on some kind of weird Bill Parcells-to-hell-with-it diet that includes daily estrogen injections. Somebody help those guys!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:18 am

For us to move up to #2 it would take at least two #1s and a second. If we franchised Landry, the most we could redirect for him in return is a second.

No team would value him a first for several reasons:
- safeties are rarely drafted on the first
- Landry has been a bit of a bust.
- Landry has a health issues that will still be there in April.

W would be very fortunate if anyone valued him as a second. In fact we might have a better chance of getting a second for Cooley than Landry (not that I want to trade Cooley. Cooley has been a stud and Landry a did)
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:12 am

Skeletor wrote:Franchise Landry, trade him and our first rounder to St. Louis

For us, this would be a no brainer. But the Rams would never do it. They know about his injury issues as well, you know. Landry would have to be shown to be healthy. They have a QB and it certainly makes sense for them to trade out of the spot given the number of teams that will want it. But given the number of teams that want it, they wouldn't trade it for a guy who's a question mark.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:40 am

how about...

Our 1 (6th pick)
Landry
Trent Wms
One of -- Helu, Davis, Hankerson

FOR

LUCK...

Colts need defensive help, another weapon for Manning, a solid LOT/ROT and they can get a corner or another great player with the 6th pick. Wow, why didn't we lose out this year???

Crap, would we have to throw in next year's first rounder too?

If all this doesn't work out, trade Landry and our #1 for Manning and be done with it!!!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:25 pm

How's this for a trade scenaro?

We trade our 1st rounder (#6) and 3rd rounder (#70) to CLEVELAND for their 1st rounder (#4).

Is the likely order then:

Colts = Luck
Rams = Blackmon
Vikings = Kalil

:hmm:

Then we get RGIII @ #4.

I'm thinking Cleveland is not trading up.

I know someone else might try to trade with the Rams (Miami?) but if not, this seems possible.

If we do land RGIII how about we draft his center too. He is Philip Blake. He's 6'2", 320 #, is extremely versatile, and has been snapping to RGIII for a while.

PS - with reagrds to compensatory picks:

The Redskins have 8 picks in the 2012 draft, a year after they had 12. They also may receive a compensatory pick at the very tail end of the draft. The NFL awards 32 compensatory picks, and we’re projecting that the NFL will only award about 26 picks to teams that lost more players than they gained in free agency last season. The remaining compensatory picks go to the teams at the top of the draft order, as if it were an 8th round. The Redskins would receive a pick in that case. However, they will not receive compensation for losing players like Carlos Rogers, since they signed more players (Bowen, Cofield, Wilson, Chester, etc) than they lost. More details on the compensatory pick projections here: http://bloggingthebeast.com/2012-compen ... ojections/

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:17 am

fredp45 wrote:how about...

Our 1 (6th pick)
Landry
Trent Wms

FOR

LUCK...

Colts need defensive help, another weapon for Manning, a solid LOT/ROT and they can get a corner or another great player with the 6th pick. Wow, why didn't we lose out this year???

If all this doesn't work out, trade Landry and our #1 for Manning and be done with it!!!

I can't see them touching that. Simply because:

Landry will still be injured, big risk
Williams is a failed test away from a season long ban
Helu did look great, but he's still raw
Hankerson has basically only played ONE game
For Davis see Williams.

Nice thought though...
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:07 pm

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:
fredp45 wrote:how about...

Our 1 (6th pick)
Landry
Trent Wms

FOR

LUCK...

I can't see them touching that. Simply because:

Landry will still be injured, big risk
Williams is a failed test away from a season long ban
Helu did look great, but he's still raw
Hankerson has basically only played ONE game
For Davis see Williams.

Nice thought though...

That, and Landry and Davis are FAs.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to General Manager's Office