Kiper Mock 1.0

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
Hog

Postby Skeletor » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:11 am

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5790 ... k-critique

Here's a link on Kiper's 1st mock last year. Notice the Skins picking Cam Newton at 10...

Hog

Postby Mississippiskinsfan2 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:03 pm

If RG3 is there when we pick then we should take him but I really dont like the idea of us giving up 3 or 4 picks to get one player.

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:34 pm

Kiper is doing a chat today about the draft. Here are points relevant to the Skins...

Rich_Campbell
Kiper said he "heard through the grapvine" that the Redskins don't "have a high opinion" of Flynn.

MikeJonesWaPo
Kiper says he could see #Redskins taking LSU CB Morris Claiborne to meet a need.

MikeJonesWaPo
Kiper doesn't see RGIII lasting past No. 4, and could see him going as high as No. 2.

MikeJonesWaPo
Correcting earlier typo tweet. @MelKiperESPN hears #Redskins don't have a high opinion of Matt Flynn. But he does keep hearing Manning.

Rich_Campbell
Kiper: Wisconsin QB Russell Wilson's height (5-11) will result in him being a fourth-round pick instead of first or second. #Redskins
Suck and Luck

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:36 pm

john_keim
FWIW: I'd heard same thing on #Redskins opinion of Flynn. But still ways to go in the process.

Rich_Campbell
Kiper: If OKST QB Brandon Weeden were 22 years old, he'd be a late 1st-, early 2nd-rounder. But he'll go in the 3rd b/c he turns 29 this yr
Suck and Luck

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:21 pm

I hope the Browns try to develop McCoy, I just think they are aware that he lacks certain abilities. If they took Richardson that would be awesome, cuz I think the Bucs would go defense, meaning we could get RGIII.

No matter what they think of Flynn they need to make a serious evaluation of him because theyre probably beat as far as the draft goes.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Hog

Postby Skeletor » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:57 pm

I don't really see a scenario right now where the skins pick RG3 with the 6th pick. They have to make a decision where they're going with the QB well before the draft. If they're not going to draft a QB, they have to address it in free agency, and if they don't, they can't afford to sit there and see if RG3 might fall into their lap. What if he doesn't, and you didn't sign a vet in free agency? Anybody really think they go into next year with Rex, Becks, and a developmental QB?

The decision gets made in the next month. They either go get RG3 or they go free agency. The actual trade might not happen till the rams are on the clock, but I think the deal and the decision gets made a lot sooner.

Similarly, Cleveland has to make their decision by March as well. Are they going with Colt? Flynn? Or trade up for RG3?

I don't think you'll see multiple teams heading into draft day HOPING to get RG3...

goskins

Postby GoSkins » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:05 pm

Skeletor wrote:I don't really see a scenario right now where the skins pick RG3 with the 6th pick. They have to make a decision where they're going with the QB well before the draft. If they're not going to draft a QB, they have to address it in free agency, and if they don't, they can't afford to sit there and see if RG3 might fall into their lap. What if he doesn't, and you didn't sign a vet in free agency? Anybody really think they go into next year with Rex, Becks, and a developmental QB?

The decision gets made in the next month. They either go get RG3 or they go free agency. The actual trade might not happen till the rams are on the clock, but I think the deal and the decision gets made a lot sooner.

Similarly, Cleveland has to make their decision by March as well. Are they going with Colt? Flynn? Or trade up for RG3?

I don't think you'll see multiple teams heading into draft day HOPING to get RG3...

That seems to be a logical scenario. Holmgren had a slightly above average QB at Seattle, Hasselback, so maybe he will focus on other positions. But, we probably won't want to take that risk. Again, St. Louis is in the driver's seat.

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:50 pm

Skeletor wrote:I don't really see a scenario right now where the skins pick RG3 with the 6th pick. They have to make a decision where they're going with the QB well before the draft. If they're not going to draft a QB, they have to address it in free agency, and if they don't, they can't afford to sit there and see if RG3 might fall into their lap. What if he doesn't, and you didn't sign a vet in free agency? Anybody really think they go into next year with Rex, Becks, and a developmental QB?

Cleveland is in a much better position than we are because at least they have McCoy on the roster. If they don't upgrade they at least have him to try and develop further. We don't upgrade and its Beck and Rexy.
Suck and Luck

Hog

Postby Skeletor » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:59 pm

cleveland is in a much better position also because they have two #1 picks this year.

If I'm the Rams, I'd much rather drop to 4, get either Blackmon or Kailil and pick up another 1st this year, then dropping to six and waiting till next year for another 1st...

That's why I think if you want to see RG3 in B&G, you need to root for Cleveland and Flynn to hook up...

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:37 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:

Cleveland is in a much better position than we are because at least they have McCoy on the roster. If they don't upgrade they at least have him to try and develop further. We don't upgrade and its Beck and Rexy.

We will NOT go into next season with that duo leading the charge. I can see Weeden and another vet... If the opportunity to cull Manning shows up, I think I could warm up to it, assuming he is, in fact, healthy, and able to take the inevitable beating that he will get. Would he want the chance to beat on little bro twice a year? OTOH, I suspect Archie still dreams of a Manning Super Bowl... and I don't see the Shanahan's conceding to another coach (PM) demanding authority over the play calls.
Last edited by Countertrey on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:39 pm

Skeletor wrote:cleveland is in a much better position also because they have two #1 picks this year.

If I'm the Rams, I'd much rather drop to 4, get either Blackmon or Kailil and pick up another 1st this year, then dropping to six and waiting till next year for another 1st...

That's why I think if you want to see RG3 in B&G, you need to root for Cleveland and Flynn to hook up...

Yup.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to General Manager's Office