McShay Mock Draft - Skins Take Blackmon

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
Hog

Postby PickSixerTWSS » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:11 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:I have to admit . . . Manning + Blackmon is an intriguing prospect. We've got the youth, depth, running game, and some promising receivers. Picking up a stud wideout plus Manning could really put this offense in an interesting place going into the season.

It's unrealistic. Reports have said that Manning likely wont know until May, after the draft, how his arm has healed and if he'll be able to throw the way he needs to this season. We can't sit around through FA and the draft in hopes of Manning being healthy.
wrong sir! yesterday they announced that "Peyton Manning is cleared to play this season."
Hail Robert Griffin III!

21 Sean Taylor will never be forgotten.....

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:09 pm

PickSixerTWSS wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:I have to admit . . . Manning + Blackmon is an intriguing prospect. We've got the youth, depth, running game, and some promising receivers. Picking up a stud wideout plus Manning could really put this offense in an interesting place going into the season.

It's unrealistic. Reports have said that Manning likely wont know until May, after the draft, how his arm has healed and if he'll be able to throw the way he needs to this season. We can't sit around through FA and the draft in hopes of Manning being healthy.
wrong sir! yesterday they announced that "Peyton Manning is cleared to play this season."

Which is not the same as saying his arm is back up to speed... there are reports that he has some ongoing weakess in his arm due to nerve compression... that will probably recover... but it's not guaranteed...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:25 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
riggofan wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
riggofan wrote:I have a hard time believing Blackmon will be the pick but I guess we'll see. I'm really hoping Hankerson comes back healthy next year though. You never know. We might already have the WR we think we need right there in Hankerson.

Are you kidding? Blackmon is a very likely pick. He's a great prospect at a serious position of need. Why on earth wouldn't we seriously consider that if he's there when we pick?

Settle down the heck down, man! I'm just offering my personal opinion. I didn't say there is no way in hell Blackmon will be the pick, and I didn't say the team shouldn't seriously consider him. MY PERSONAL OPINION though is that we will probably address WR during free agency and do something else in the draft.

Settle down? I'd have to settle up first. I never get the thing where responding to someone's opinion was somehow depriving them of their right to an opinion. Why can't your opinion be what it is, and my opinion is that I disagree? It seems like a reasonable scenario to me.

I got no problem with that. Maybe next time you don't need to start off with "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?"

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:16 pm

If we can't trade up I hope that Blackmon is there. Otherwise the pick has a lot less value. Claiborne's good, but we need WR's a lot more than CB's. I could deal with Reiff I guess. Martin is too slow to succeed in the NFL imo.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:26 am

brad7686 wrote:we need WR's a lot more than CB's.

I would dispute that.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:28 pm

Deadskins wrote:
brad7686 wrote:we need WR's a lot more than CB's.

I would dispute that.

How? Hall's not great but made the pro bowl last year, would be better if Haslett didn't go all out blitz on third and twenty plays against the cowboys.

Josh Wilson is good.

Moss is an average starter and no other receiver on our team would start anywhere.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:19 pm

riggofan wrote:I have a hard time believing Blackmon will be the pick but I guess we'll see. I'm really hoping Hankerson comes back healthy next year though. You never know. We might already have the WR we think we need right there in Hankerson.

We do but we could use another. Be it a FA acquisition or draft.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Postby skinsfan#33 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:11 pm

I'm against taking ANY WR in the top ten especially one missing 3 inches.

With that said, it is REAL hard not to watch his highlight videos w/o invisioning him in B&G.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:44 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:

We do but we could use another. Be it a FA acquisition or draft.

witrh the number of good WRs available in free agency coupled with who we have - I don't see these guys using the 6 pick on Blackmon

'cept maybe as trade bait if we miss out on RGIII - :wink:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

Return to General Manager's Office