New 2012 NFL Mock Draft

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
piglet

New 2012 NFL Mock Draft

Postby DFlo » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:15 pm

Hey guys, I've updated my mock draft for the end of the season/pre-combine.

You can check it out here: http://www.footballdraftnotebook.com/MockDraft2012.html

Let me know what you think. Would love to hear your feedback!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:27 am

God! let's hope not.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:18 pm

I'll take him. Hopefully not at #6!

Hog

Postby Redskins_Fanatic » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:35 pm

That would probably cause my head to spontaniously combust and possibly explode. For a team with little to no skill position talent on ANY side of the ball to pick an OT in the first round, whether it's at #1 or #32 is ridiculous in my mind.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:54 pm

Redskins_Fanatic wrote:That would probably cause my head to spontaniously combust and possibly explode. For a team with little to no skill position talent on ANY side of the ball to pick an OT in the first round, whether it's at #1 or #32 is ridiculous in my mind.

Hmm...good point. You changed my mind on this. Thanks Jeremy.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog

Postby Redskins_Fanatic » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:01 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:Hmm...good point. You changed my mind on this. Thanks Jeremy.

1. I'm not here to change your (or anyone else's mind)

2. Sarcasm really looks terrible on you.

3. You really ought to see someone about this fixation that I'm someone else.

Postby skinsfan#33 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:01 pm

riggofan wrote:I'll take him. Hopefully not at #6!

Agreed.

Much better to take an elite OL than take almost any skill possition player at that stage in the draft. A RB or WR (assuming Blackmon is gone - and maybe even if he is there) would be an retarded pick.

We have too many needs on the OL not t take an elite player there of a QB isn't available and we can't select a 2nd round QB at #6 just because we need one.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby Redskins_Fanatic » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:51 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:We have too many needs on the OL not t take an elite player there of a QB isn't available and we can't select a 2nd round QB at #6 just because we need one.

Yep. Let's make sure old Sexy Rexy can stand back there in a nice, clean pocket and throw that wounded duck right between the letters of the Safety or Linebacker because none of his WR's can get open. Sounds like a great plan. Unless your intent is to allow for Rex, or whomever, to be in good shape for the fans to lynch after the game

Postby skinsfan#33 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:46 pm

Redskins_Fanatic wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:We have too many needs on the OL not t take an elite player there of a QB isn't available and we can't select a 2nd round QB at #6 just because we need one.

Yep. Let's make sure old Sexy Rexy can stand back there in a nice, clean pocket and throw that wounded duck right between the letters of the Safety or Linebacker because none of his WR's can get open. Sounds like a great plan. Unless your intent is to allow for Rex, or whomever, to be in good shape for the fans to lynch after the game

What kind of dumb a$$ comment was that?

If you don't jane an OL or a QB then you could have HoF caliber players at WR and RB and it wouldn't amount to a hill of beans.

If you improve the ol, your qb play improves, your running game improves and your WRs improve. And if you don't understand why I don't have the time to teach you!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

goskins

Postby GoSkins » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:25 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
Redskins_Fanatic wrote:

What kind of dumb a$$ comment was that?

If you don't jane an OL or a QB then you could have HoF caliber players at WR and RB and it wouldn't amount to a hill of beans.

If you improve the ol, your qb play improves, your running game improves and your WRs improve. And if you don't understand why I don't have the time to teach you!

Look at the OL of both the Giants and New England. Neither one is great. Are they good? Yes, but what separates the Giants from everybody else is an exceptional QB with great WRs. And New England has an equally stellar QB with WRs that did not have their best game and/or were hurt.

goskins

Postby GoSkins » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:40 pm

Let's look at the Giants OL. In my view what stands out are 2 things. They by and large were not injured during the season thus making continuity a key. And 2nd, they are all overachievers; not a 1st round pick in the bunch:

David Baas, C: Originally a 2nd-round (33rd pick overall) draft choice by the San Francisco 49ers in 2005…Signed by the Giants as a free agent on July 29, 2011.

Kevin Boothe, G: Originally a 6th round (176th pick overall) draft choice by the Oakland Raiders in 2006…Waived by the Raiders on Sept. 1, 2007…Awarded off waivers to the Giants on Sept. 2, 2007

David Diehl, T: Originally a 5th round (160th pick overall) draft choice by the Giants in 2003.

Kareem McKenzie, T: Originally a 3rd round (79th pick overall) draft choice by the Jets in 2001…Signed by the Giants as an unrestricted free agent on March 4, 2005.

Chris Snee, G: Originally a 2nd round (34th pick overall) draft choice by the Giants in 2004.

Don't get me wrong. I've been a big advocate over the years for upgrading our OL. And we still need to upgrade. But I don't think we need to use 1st round picks to do it.

Hog

Postby Jeremy81 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:50 pm

Hes got all the skill guys worth picking gone by the sixth pick. Who would you take? With claiborne off the board...griffin gone...blackmon already drafted...and say you have nobody willing to trade down, what the hell is a better pick than that one?

There's no two ways about it, that sixth pick is a tough spot to be in this year...with those first five guys gone, his mock pick isn't all that far fetched

Hog

Postby Redskins_Fanatic » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:54 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:What kind of dumb a$$ comment was that?

Okay, so what you're suggesting is that you, myself and four other THN posters should be able to win a Super Bowl as the skill position players if we were playing behind The Hogs? You have to realize the sheer lunacy of that idea, right?

I don't care if you give Rex Grossman 15 seconds back there, he is NOT going to make good decisions, and with a bunch of WR's and RB's who I have little to no confidence in, I'm pretty sure he will make the wrong decisions.

OL is important, but it's a very hollow thing if there are no skill players to take advantage of it.

Hog

Postby Redskins_Fanatic » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:57 am

Jeremy81 wrote:Hes got all the skill guys worth picking gone by the sixth pick. Who would you take? With claiborne off the board...griffin gone...blackmon already drafted...and say you have nobody willing to trade down, what the hell is a better pick than that one?

You're suggesting we don't have major and significant skill position needs on the DEFENSE too? It's not my preference but I'd be looking at CB's and Safeties or even possibly MLB in that case.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:58 am

Redskins_Fanatic wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:What kind of dumb a$$ comment was that?

Okay, so what you're suggesting is that you, myself and four other THN posters should be able to win a Super Bowl as the skill position players if we were playing behind The Hogs? You have to realize the sheer lunacy of that idea, right?

I don't care if you give Rex Grossman 15 seconds back there, he is NOT going to make good decisions, and with a bunch of WR's and RB's who I have little to no confidence in, I'm pretty sure he will make the wrong decisions.

OL is important, but it's a very hollow thing if there are no skill players to take advantage of it.

Good point, it's not like we won a Super Bowl with Mark Rypien as our quarterback, did we? Which year was he enshrined in the HOF again?
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Return to General Manager's Office