Laron's Muscles Causing Achilles Injuries?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
spudstr04

Laron's Muscles Causing Achilles Injuries?

Postby spudstr04 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:42 pm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/laron-landry-is-looking-quite-large/2012/02/23/gIQALf0YVR_blog.html

Has anyone every thought that he may be toobig? With all of that muscle up top, I am sure that would put extreme stress on the lower body. As huge as he his, he might need to move to LB position to be able to play effectively.

Love this quote from washingtonpost's article:

LaRon Landry hasn’t played a whole lot of football in recent seasons, but it looks like he’s still been lifting weights. Or elephants. Or elephants stuffed with weights.
#21 = Forever in our hearts

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:02 pm

I'm a big Laron fan. But, while I hope you're right, it's usually things that help us get the big muscles that correspond to repeated injuries.

He's trending nationwide right now on Twitter for his recent Arnold-like pics. If I were him, I'd stay under the radar.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:10 pm

As someone who has not been to the gym in a while, he makes me want to start throwing the weights around again. As someone who use to lift religiously, I can guarantee LL has been taking something that he's not suppose to. Whether he tests positive or not is another story.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:15 pm

PAPDOG67 wrote:As someone who has not been to the gym in a while, he makes me want to start throwing the weights around again. As someone who use to lift religiously, I can guarantee LL has been taking something that he's not suppose to. Whether he tests positive or not is another story.

Yeah. The pencil sized veins that are exposed in non-flexed positions kinda gives it away. Hopefully he's on the up. Or hopefully, it's something that won't get him busted. #HGH
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:22 pm

The Hogster wrote:I'm a big Laron fan. But, while I hope you're right, it's usually things that help us get the big muscles that correspond to repeated injuries.

He's trending nationwide right now on Twitter for his recent Arnold-like pics. If I were him, I'd stay under the radar.

It's a different sport, but lots of people have speculated that ARod's use of steroids has contributed to his injuries over the last 3 years or so.
Suck and Luck

Postby reo » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:48 pm

The Hogster wrote:Yeah. The pencil sized veins that are exposed in non-flexed positions kinda gives it away. Hopefully he's on the up. Or hopefully, it's something that won't get him busted. #HGH

That's not necessarily true. I'm not a big guy but I've got a couple veins that stick out pretty badly in non-flex, generally after a workout but you can't really tell in those pics if they're post workout or not.. probably are.

Not saying he's not on something b/c he probably is but the veins don't prove it. About all I do is crossfit (and strength is the main thing I need to work on) and i've got one specifically that sticks out a good bit on my left arm.

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:48 pm

While I've heard heavy steroid use and the resulting fast growth can put the tendons at risk, I don't know that his size is hard evidence that he's using. Remember, these are NFL athletes. They are the cream of the physical genetic crop. They're the guys you knew in school that could walk a lap around the weight room and gain muscle... then college sports weeds out the best of them, then the NFL weeds out the best of THEM. If an NFL safety wasn't playing for a period of time due to injury and had nothing to do but eat, sleep, and work out... he'd better be this big! The definition and vascularity is probably due to very low bodyfat, which he has all the time in the world to work on.

I also don't buy that being big and muscular slows someone down by default. A bigger engine doesn't slow down the car. Olympic sprinters are JACKED.

As long as he's not really juicing and he's doing mobility and conditioning work, more power to him. If he really does test positive... cut the fool; he really doesn't want to be here as badly as he claims.
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:00 pm

Funny thing about that photo is that it seems he's gained some on that right bicep but he's lost the tats

somebody's playing with the photo - if you catch my drift
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:06 pm

I think the question that needs to be asked is: How the feck did he get that t-shirt on...?!?!?

:hmm:
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:26 pm

SkinsJock wrote:Funny thing about that photo is that it seems he's gained some on that right bicep but he's lost the tats

somebody's playing with the photo - if you catch my drift

That's his left bicep. Its a mirror.

Hog

Postby Skeletor » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:29 pm

I read that Landry's problem is that he has bone spurs on his heel that keep nicking his achilles. I don't think the weight or muscles has anything to do with it.

He keeps doing PRP to heal the achilles, but doesn't want to have surgery to shave off the bone spurs... Not sure that's going to get it done.

I'd love to see him come back to the Skins if he's healthy... I think he'd be a difference maker for that defense.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:33 pm

If Landry's body building costs him a roster spot it's a bad choice on his part

If he can keep his speed with that body he's going to be a bad SS this season
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:41 pm

I love the guy, I really hope he comes back and shows everyone just how good he really is...
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:20 pm

It certainly doesn't help that his torso is bigger than his frame would like, but the bigger thing is that he got an achilles injury in the first place. They are horrible. Mine still bothers me after years, and I don't work out like he does. they just don't get the bloodflow and they don't heal properly. I'm sure he's getting the best care though, so there could be more to it. If it's the bone spurs then they've got to go because the thing will never heal if it keeps getting aggravated.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:52 pm

The Hogster wrote:
PAPDOG67 wrote:As someone who has not been to the gym in a while, he makes me want to start throwing the weights around again. As someone who use to lift religiously, I can guarantee LL has been taking something that he's not suppose to. Whether he tests positive or not is another story.

Yeah. The pencil sized veins that are exposed in non-flexed positions kinda gives it away. Hopefully he's on the up. Or hopefully, it's something that won't get him busted. #HGH
I don't know... looks like he has just finished working out in the pic... that will cause the vessels to dilate, as well. Hell, I have big veins in my arms after I work out... and I've never been within 40 feet of an anabolic steroid... though I've also never been within 40 feet of looking like that, either.

The testing for steroids is pretty sophisticated these days... super hard to get away with at the level that he'd have to be using. Some folks are just genetically loaded for this kind of development... maybe it's just that simple...

one can hope, anyway... :wink:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football