Please Read! Important Info about the Board

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:50 pm

+good luck
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Hog

Re: Please Read! Important Info about the Board

Postby PickSixerTWSS » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:48 am

BossHog wrote:At some point in the next few weeks, we will have to do a long overdue message board upgrade. It is a frightening one. There will be many changes.

I have no choice. This board software is antiquated and is a security risk, so it just needs to be done.

So a few things will have to happen:

1) we will have to close the board for 24-48 hours to do the complete changeover. unfortunately the two boards are not easily upgradeable and there will be a tone to do, so to be safe and fair to those looking after the board - we're going to close it officially for a day or two to hopefully get everything moved over.

2) There are no guarantees that the transfer will work well, and I may have to start from scratch. So here's what i want you to do individually:
a) download your avatar - right click and save as on PC, CTRL click and save as on the mac
b) if you have an avatar, copy and paste your rank - what's written under your username in each post
c) take a snapshot of any recent post showing your post count.

You don't have to do any of these things - but if you don't - don't bellyache to me if things get lost and you don't have the above - I won't likely be able to help you. Hopefully none of this matters and the changeover goes smoothly, but with over half a million posts to move over - I am expecting potential disaster.

3) I will make an announcement as to the exact date and time when I have made arrangements with the web host to do it. I don't know if I will be able to set up anything temporary or if you guys will just have to go cold turkey for a day or two, but in giant changes like this - it's best to prepare for the worst.

4) Please follow us on Facebook or follow me on Twitter before we do the changeover so that you can stay in the loop as to what is going on in the whole process - i will be updating to both places.

Appreciate your understanding. This is just something we have to do to keep this place safe, and secure for you to continue using for the future.

Please add a +1 here when you have read this, and feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Thx.
Can you tell us a few days in advance once you guys make your descision?
.+1 :up:
Hail Robert Griffin III!

21 Sean Taylor will never be forgotten.....

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:14 am

+1

I've always wondered what the different "ranks" meant. Mine for example "---", lol... Now, I'm fully expecting BH to tell me that it's symbolizing how many intelligent posts I've made since joining THN. LOLOLOL
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:17 am

+1
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:25 am

+1 - AND big thanks to all for everything you all do here
"the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths" Gruden on RG3

RG3 needs to learn to read defenses better & utilize his talents and the players around him better

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:38 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:I've always wondered what the different "ranks" meant. Mine for example "---", lol... Now, I'm fully expecting BH to tell me that it's symbolizing how many intelligent posts I've made since joining THN.

Like you'd have 3 dashes :roll:

ROTFALMAO

And yes, we will try to give heads up notice -but as I said in the initial post - Like us on Facebook and/or follow me on Twitter and you won't be out of the loop regardless.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:55 am

BossHog wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:I've always wondered what the different "ranks" meant. Mine for example "---", lol... Now, I'm fully expecting BH to tell me that it's symbolizing how many intelligent posts I've made since joining THN.

Like you'd have 3 dashes :roll:

ROTFALMAO

And yes, we will try to give heads up notice -but as I said in the initial post - Like us on Facebook and/or follow me on Twitter and you won't be out of the loop regardless.

LOL, I'll add you on twitter tonight. I don't frequent FB often but I think I have you already added.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:45 am

+1

Ok got it!!!

Thanks for everything Bossman and you rest of you losers :D

If I never see you again, I'll be very happy!! :lol: J/K J/K.. only some of ya!

*right click, save as*.. got it
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Joe's#1Fan

Postby gibbsfan » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:18 pm

+1
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:21 am

+1
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:43 pm

+1
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

^^

Postby hatsOFF2gibbs » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:18 am

+1
"I was on the sideline and guys were talking about the score, and then it hit me -- we won by 21. I came in the locker room and I yelled it out, and immediately I just kind of broke down in tears. Because I miss Sean, you know."

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:59 am

THN getting a facelift. I'm excited.

Just be sure to make smack an "easy access" area. Much unfinished business between certain members.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:59 pm

+1
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:13 am

You should shut it down right now, after we just announced the trade. People would go ape spit
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football