Gregg Williams "bounty system" in Washington

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
ATX

Gregg Williams "bounty system" in Washington

Postby ATX_Skins » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:17 pm

Support the troops, especially our snipers.

**ch44

Re: Gregg Williams "bounty system" in Washington

Postby chiefhog44 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:07 pm

ATX_Skins wrote:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/02/report-williams-had-bounty-system-in-washington-too/

Thanks Phillip Daniels...

Dude could they take draft picks away for this?
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Hog

Postby TimSkin » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:33 pm

chiefhog44 wrote:
ATX_Skins wrote:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/02/report-williams-had-bounty-system-in-washington-too/

No I highly doubt it bro it happened too long ago and under a totally different coaching regimine. If anybody gets in trouble it will be possibly the Saints and/or just Williams himself.
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:56 pm

Not too long ago this was considered normal. Nowadays you cant even hit a player anymore without getting a fine. Geez Louise!
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:27 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:Not too long ago this was considered normal. Nowadays you cant even hit a player anymore without getting a fine. Geez Louise!

+1
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:03 am

TimSkin wrote:
chiefhog44 wrote:

No I highly doubt it bro it happened too long ago and under a totally different coaching regimine. If anybody gets in trouble it will be possibly the Saints and/or just Williams himself.

While it's true the coaching staff was a while back, Snyder was not. I highly doubt he would have anything to do with this but he may have to answer some questions.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:42 am

ATX_Skins wrote:
TimSkin wrote:
chiefhog44 wrote:

While it's true the coaching staff was a while back, Snyder was not. I highly doubt he would have anything to do with this but he may have to answer some questions.

When Gregg left most of his staff remained (mostly because the coach was a puppet), so if the practice that followed him to Washington ended when he left the Redskins as a team should be in the clear.

Considering the only named player that has confirmed it happened while GW was DC, is now in charge of player development you have to wait and see. And wonder if he got paid for Peyton Manning's Injury
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:20 am

Does this vindicate Snyder?

I know that I was extremely upset when Gregg Williams was not named head coach in 2008, but maybe Snyder saw the writing on the wall. This is obviously a huge scandal and if the Saints stand to lose multiple draft picks, this is way worse than spygate. We may have seriously dodged a bullet here.

Anyway, for those folks saying this used to be considered normal... so did the clothesline tackle and taking a handful of amphetamines at halftime. It's a different NFL, and I'm surprised at people who don't understand it's wrong to pay a player for intentionally hurting an opponent.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

Pacman Rules

Postby gay4pacman » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:55 am

1niksder wrote:
ATX_Skins wrote:
TimSkin wrote:
chiefhog44 wrote:

When Gregg left most of his staff remained (mostly because the coach was a puppet), so if the practice that followed him to Washington ended when he left the Redskins as a team should be in the clear.

Considering the only named player that has confirmed it happened while GW was DC, is now in charge of player development you have to wait and see. And wonder if he got paid for Peyton Manning's Injury

probably got 10 g's for that one....maybe 20
I know this guy named Jimmy, he has a pet....POSTERNUTBAG! Thats his cats name, POSTERNUTBAG!!!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:08 am

Here's a bounty for you.

"If you take out Gregg Williams on the sidelines ... _____________________________________.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby Skeletor » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:39 am

i feel bad for Gibbs, who you know would never condone such a thing and now has to answer questions about it.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:01 am

Skeletor wrote:i feel bad for Gibbs, who you know would never condone such a thing and now has to answer questions about it.

I know no such thing... Gibbs cut his teeth when Defenses were still allowed to keep their tesitcles... and, if true, would have no impact on my image of the man and the Coach.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:48 am

It seems out of character for Gibbs. He coached tough football, but it seems out of character for Gibbs to approve of purposely injuring an opponent, and paying a bonus to any player who had.

On the other side, I well remember the Buddy Ryan Eagle "body-bag" game. In particular a tackle on which we, in replay, could see that Jerome Brown twisted Stan Humphries leg. Brown took Humphries by the ankle as Humphries was going down on a hit by someone else. Brown twisted Humphries by the foot. Ankle gave way, and Redskins finished game with Brian Mitchell at QB.

A few months later, the Redskins faced the Eagles in a playoff. Gibbs would not criticize Ryan and the Buddy-bag game, but, in an interview, just smiled, gritted his teeth, grimaced, and said "Buddy...Ryan [smakced a football he was holding] Bud-dy Ry-an...[smack!]"

In the game, the Skins did not appear playing to injure any of the Eagles, but they ran at Jerome Brown and Reggie White again and again. The Hogs pounded them and pounded them until the Eagles defense seemed to lose heart.

On the other side, Petibon's defense confused and smothered the primitive Eagles offense.

We could probably check by counting the "kill-shots"...opposing players injured during the Gibbs/Petibon years. I can't remember any...and if there had been an intention to injure, then Lawrence Taylor probably would have been chopped in pieces. He was certainly the most important player the Skins ever faced...

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:59 am

all the former players, Bowen, Daniels, etc., need to shut up and stop going all Canseco on us.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Postby 1niksder » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:00 pm

..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football