Dirty Thirty Gone?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
+++++++++

Dirty Thirty Gone?

Postby Skinsfan55 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:33 am

Reports are saying that the Redskins expect to lose LaRon Landry in free agency. They used the franchise tag on Davis, and JLC in particular is saying the Skins have no interest in re-signing Landry.

Personally, I think that's probably the right move actually. Unless Landry were to sign a one year, incentive laden contract, why re-sign him to a contract based around his considerable potential? I mean, I think he's way more interested in pumping iron than in playing football. I'd prefer to just be rid of him... I'm sure we can find someone else who gets it done in FA with our $49 mil in cap room.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

Postby skinsfan#33 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:08 am

I'm fine with Landry leaving. He can play great at times, but he has to be on the field to play at all. He refused to get his achilles tendon repaired and his body building obsession is ruining his football career. Muscle builds faster than ligaments and tendons strengthen. That is with out PEDs!

IMHO if Landry keeps putting weight lifting over football he will never stay healthy enough to be worth having on the team.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

swine

Postby cowboyhater4life » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:46 am

Raiders will sign him as a MLB
R.I.P. Taylor!

Pacman Rules

Postby gay4pacman » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:52 am

would be sad to see him go....

he could have been the d mvp of the league if he could stay healthy. almost had it one year....
I know this guy named Jimmy, he has a pet....POSTERNUTBAG! Thats his cats name, POSTERNUTBAG!!!

Hog

Postby Skeletor » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:38 am

I think Landry was a difference maker when healthy and still hope the skins sign him to either a one year deal or a contract with an out after one if he's not healthy.

His leaving leaves a big hole in the secondary without good Free agent or draft options to fill it...

Postby skinsfan#33 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:51 am

Skeletor wrote:I think Landry was a difference maker when healthy and still hope the skins sign him to either a one year deal or a contract with an out after one if he's not healthy.

His leaving leaves a big hole in the secondary without good Free agent or draft options to fill it...

He leaves the same hole that is there when he is healthy. What is the difference between the hole that is there when he isn't healthy enough to play and the hole that would be there if he left?

Really the four years he has been on the team, had he played a total of 16 very good to great games?

I would rather have a consistent player that is a always in the right position but doesn't have Landry's big play ability. At least you can plan your defense around that guy.

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

Hog

Postby Skeletor » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:30 pm

yup there was a big hole this year and we never filled it.

I just think I'd rather give Landry $5 million this year and see if he can return to form than to cut ties altogether. It at least gives us the chance of filling that hole with a great player. If we let Landry go, I doubt you get anything but a warm body in that spot this year...

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:53 pm

not worth it, won't be on the field. Better off trying to sign a healthy safety as it appears Atogwe can't stay healthy either.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:37 pm

I want us to resign him.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby PickSixerTWSS » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:26 pm

I think we should sign (try) to sign him to a 1-year deal.
Hail Robert Griffin III!

21 Sean Taylor will never be forgotten.....

Hog

Postby TimSkin » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:58 pm

The only thing I'm scared about him leaving is if he goes to the Girls or Iggles and never misses a game again and makes the pro bowl every year.....Now THAT WOULD SUCK!!!!! However hopefully even he's smart enough to know better than that ;)
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:03 pm

TimSkin wrote:The only thing I'm scared about him leaving is if he goes to the Girls or Iggles and never misses a game again and makes the pro bowl every year.....Now THAT WOULD SUCK!!!!! However hopefully even he's smart enough to know better than that ;)

Before his first injury he had never missed a game
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:16 pm

HOPEFULLY the Redskins keep Landry here
Robert Griffin needs to step it up and play QB - he's got the talent he needs to make it happen

RGIII - week 1 - it wasn't bad, it just wasn't great - growing pains is all

HAIL

week 1 = 8-8

Postby skinsfan#33 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:45 am

1niksder wrote:
TimSkin wrote:The only thing I'm scared about him leaving is if he goes to the Girls or Iggles and never misses a game again and makes the pro bowl every year.....Now THAT WOULD SUCK!!!!! However hopefully even he's smart enough to know better than that ;)

Before his first injury he had never missed a game

Isn't that true of just about every player?

The problem with Landry is he has an emu that requires surgery to fix but he refuse to get it done.

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:27 pm

I'd be gutted if he left, he's probably my favourite player.

And with the dubious reputation off the Redskins medical team I wouldn't be surprised if he went elsewhere and played regularly again.

Just can't stand the thought of him playing for another team... God forbid he ended up elsewhere in our division.

#-o
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football