Dirty Thirty Gone?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:59 pm

I'm a little surprised by the statement that the Redskins have "no interest in re-signing" him. Is that really true? It seems like they should at least be keeping their options open with Landry.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:09 pm

I may be one of the few people who want to keep him here. His injuries concern me, but I am all in on his play on the field. He's not quite at Bob Sanders status yet. I say at least attempt to bring him back. What else we got? Reed Doughty?
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:28 pm

The Hogster wrote:I may be one of the few people who want to keep him here. His injuries concern me, but I am all in on his play on the field. He's not quite at Bob Sanders status yet. I say at least attempt to bring him back. What else we got? Reed Doughty?

Yeah I am with you Hogster. We created him. He is a Redskin. So tired of our people going to other teams and doing even better.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:50 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:
The Hogster wrote:I may be one of the few people who want to keep him here. His injuries concern me, but I am all in on his play on the field. He's not quite at Bob Sanders status yet. I say at least attempt to bring him back. What else we got? Reed Doughty?

Yeah I am with you Hogster. We created him. He is a Redskin. So tired of our people going to other teams and doing even better.

Tyvon Branch, Dashon Goldson, and Michael Griffin all got Franchise tagged basically making LaRon Landry one of the top S to hit the market along with Dwight Lowery, Thomas DeCoud, Reggie Smith, and Jim Leonhard. OK LL is the top S hitting the market unless he re-signs in the next week
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:03 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:

"We created him"??? seriously??? I want him back... but that's a bit over the top. He was going to be prime wherever he went. Period.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

^^

Postby hatsOFF2gibbs » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:11 am

This may not be a good reason for some of you.. but he played side-by-side Sean. Yes, we have other players on D that played with Sean too... but its not the same. I feel like Landry's play (when healthy) reminds me of Sean...

Whether he plays 1 game or 16 games... I'd rather him be on our team than not...

I'll be pretty sad if he's not living part of the legacy in the B&G next year
"I was on the sideline and guys were talking about the score, and then it hit me -- we won by 21. I came in the locker room and I yelled it out, and immediately I just kind of broke down in tears. Because I miss Sean, you know."

piggie

Postby burgngold4life » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:54 am

^Interesting post lol

I had to log in to the forums to make this reply, only to log out and not post anything else for about 3-4 months.

So you know that caught my attention.... I totally agree w/ you.

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:34 am

If Landry leaves and plays somewhere else he will p play exactly like he did with us! Some great games (but not as many as you people seem to think he had here), some average games (most of his games) and some bad games.

He will also miss games unless he gets his achilles repaired! This is why the Skins don't want him back. They were going to attempt to re-sign him but once he refused the surgery that is needed to fix his bad leg, they washed their hands of him!

Landry is a special player that played like a special player at times, but most of his games have been meh!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby PickSixerTWSS » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:36 am

I think we should sign him to a one year deal worth 3 million at the most and give him one more shot at staying healthy because it would suck crap if he went to the rams and was the awesome player he can be.
Hail Robert Griffin III!

21 Sean Taylor will never be forgotten.....

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:43 am

I'll be very disappointed if he's not back.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:44 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:I'll be very disappointed if he's not back.
Me too.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:01 am

Countertrey wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:I'll be very disappointed if he's not back.
Me too.

three
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:25 am

If both sides want the same thing, he needs to be here IMO.

This represents more than just solidifying a position on the roster, at least to me it does. As I've stated in other threads, this represents a shift in culture. We need to take care of our own, not just financially but in regards to their health and well being.

If U want guys to play for U, take care of them when they're broken from giving U all of themselves. Stop treating them like cattle, the fans treat them this way, the ORG can't.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:59 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:If both sides want the same thing, he needs to be here IMO.

This represents more than just solidifying a position on the roster, at least to me it does. As I've stated in other threads, this represents a shift in culture. We need to take care of our own, not just financially but in regards to their health and well being.

If U want guys to play for U, take care of them when they're broken from giving U all of themselves. Stop treating them like cattle, the fans treat them this way, the ORG can't.

That's so true. The guy is so talented, injuries have impacted on his ability to be consistent. These guys put so much into this career and this life, if their attitude is right and they're a positive influence on the dressing room then they need to be supported in their recovery from serious injury.

Yes, I know they're well rewarded, but LL obviously wanted a big year last year leading into FA and it didn't happen. Now his career hangs in the balance and in his opinion he's done nothing wrong other than his best to work back to fitness once again.

IMO we give him another year to prove himself. We will at least have given him a fair chance then and if it doesn't work out then so be it.

If you still think he should go now then for a second just imagine him with a star on his helmet charging into Fred Davis after he makes a reception....

:puke:
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:57 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:If Landry leaves and plays somewhere else he will p play exactly like he did with us! Some great games (but not as many as you people seem to think he had here), some average games (most of his games) and some bad games.

He will also miss games unless he gets his achilles repaired! This is why the Skins don't want him back. They were going to attempt to re-sign him but once he refused the surgery that is needed to fix his bad leg, they washed their hands of him!

Landry is a special player that played like a special player at times, but most of his games have been meh!

+1
Suck and Luck

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football