Dirty Thirty Gone?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
#33
Posts: 4084
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:44 am

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:16 pm

Countertrey wrote:
The Hogster wrote:Wherever LL goes he will need to pass a physical. So, I am expecting that this Achilles injury is something that he really believes will heal.

Even if he wants to leave, he'd have to prove he can play--which he seems confident he can do.

I'll just point out that he was confident that he was ready to play last season, as well...

just sayin...


No he wasn't!!!

They waited until they were eliminated from the playoffs AND and doctor said Landry needed surgery to recover.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins-place-laron-landry-on-injured-reserve-raising-questions-about-his-future/2011/12/15/gIQA8hTywO_story.html[/url]
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15975
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:04 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
The Hogster wrote:Wherever LL goes he will need to pass a physical. So, I am expecting that this Achilles injury is something that he really believes will heal.

Even if he wants to leave, he'd have to prove he can play--which he seems confident he can do.

I'll just point out that he was confident that he was ready to play last season, as well...

just sayin...


No he wasn't!!!

They waited until they were eliminated from the playoffs AND and doctor said Landry needed surgery to recover.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins-place-laron-landry-on-injured-reserve-raising-questions-about-his-future/2011/12/15/gIQA8hTywO_story.html[/url]

Who's "they?" CT is saying Landry was confident he was ready to play, not the team.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

#33
Posts: 4084
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:44 am

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:15 pm

Deadskins wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
The Hogster wrote:Wherever LL goes he will need to pass a physical. So, I am expecting that this Achilles injury is something that he really believes will heal.

Even if he wants to leave, he'd have to prove he can play--which he seems confident he can do.

I'll just point out that he was confident that he was ready to play last season, as well...

just sayin...


No he wasn't!!!

They waited until they were eliminated from the playoffs AND and doctor said Landry needed surgery to recover.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins-place-laron-landry-on-injured-reserve-raising-questions-about-his-future/2011/12/15/gIQA8hTywO_story.html[/url]

Who's "they?" CT is saying Landry was confident he was ready to play, not the team.


"they" - the SKins AKA Shanny

I said Landry wasn't ready to go, not that he didn't say he thought he was ready to go. I don't doubt that Landry said he could have played, but I bet even he knew he wasn't!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

the 'mudge
Posts: 14381
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:22 pm

You need to re-read the posts, SF. Hogster said Landry would "have to prove he can play--which he seems confident he can do."

I responded to THAT comment. Landry WAS voicing his confidence that HE was ready to play going into preseason this past summer. Seems it didn't work out.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

#33
Posts: 4084
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:44 am

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:32 pm

Countertrey wrote:You need to re-read the posts, SF. Hogster said Landry would "have to prove he can play--which he seems confident he can do."

I responded to THAT comment. Landry WAS voicing his confidence that HE was ready to play going into preseason this past summer. Seems it didn't work out.


Ok, got it. I misunderstood.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

the 'mudge
Posts: 14381
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:16 pm

:up:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ
Posts: 13150
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:23 am

The ONLY way that Landry is making this roster - UNLESS he can show that he's still able to play .... and play well

I think he gets that and will show that ... and will be on this roster :wink:
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

kazoo
Online
Posts: 10254
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:17 am

I think Landry should tell the Skins he appreciates their support the last two years he sucked and he's going to sign a one year deal. He's going to blow our socks off, then he wants a mega contract. If he doesn't want to earn it, bye bye...
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:03 pm

Postby PickSixerTWSS » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:20 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:I think Landry should tell the Skins he appreciates their support the last two years he sucked and he's going to sign a one year deal. He's going to blow our socks off, then he wants a mega contract. If he doesn't want to earn it, bye bye...


He just better not go to the Cowboys and have a Defensive MVP, rest of his carrer in Dallas.
Hail Robert Griffin III!

21 Sean Taylor will never be forgotten.....

08 Champ
Posts: 13150
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:10 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:I think Landry should tell the Skins he appreciates their support the last two years he sucked and he's going to sign a one year deal. He's going to blow our socks off, then he wants a mega contract. If he doesn't want to earn it, bye bye...


I'd like that :lol:



IF Landry is playing in the NFL this season, it will be because he's healthy enough

IF Landry's healthy enough, he will play VERY well

IF he has a great year, he will make the defense he's with a better defense

Landry is not looking for a lot of money or a mega contract - he just wants to be able to play at the level he's capable of

IF Landry plays at the level he's capable of, he'll get a lot of money


soooo - the ONLY IF that matters is ... IF Landry's healthy enough, ANY defense will be better off with Landry at SS :wink:


HOPEFULLY Landry's healthy enough AND stays here

Landry wants to play with the Redskins
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

kazoo
Online
Posts: 10254
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:20 am

PickSixerTWSS wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:I think Landry should tell the Skins he appreciates their support the last two years he sucked and he's going to sign a one year deal. He's going to blow our socks off, then he wants a mega contract. If he doesn't want to earn it, bye bye...


He just better not go to the Cowboys and have a Defensive MVP, rest of his carrer in Dallas.


I hope not, but we can't keep players just because of who they might play for
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

#######
Posts: 7224
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:23 am

In the article that 33 posted Landry says:

I’m even considering coming here and signing another one-year” contract, Landry said. “Even if I have to come here and sign a one-year just to solidify myself and not have to worry about trying to get the big-dollar [contract this year], I’d do that. Because I admit, this season has been kind of shaky.

“But this would let me come back. . . and show what I’m really capable of doing, which is the only right thing to do in my mind. But I haven’t talked to my agent about this yet. Every time I get ready to call him, I just get frustrated, and then I end up not being able to talk”


He sounds like he wants to play here and at least earn a bigger contract.

And, this line from Shanahan supports his decision not to have surgery.
“We’ve got to find out exactly how serious it is. I don’t think we will know until he operates. It is not torn, but it’s been quite sore,” Shanahan said.


If you are a young, physically gifted guy with a sore achilles that isn't torn, one might opt to let it heal. Surgeries result in scar tissues which can limit your flexibility. On an achilles that could be scary for a guy like Landry who relies on his speed. If it were me, I would have followed the doctor's advice. But, I know athletes who prefer not to get surgery if it isn't 100 percent necessary. He has a chance to heal--but history has shown that he hasn't.
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

08 Champ
Posts: 13150
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:26 am

I ABSOLUTELY agree with that

this FO's first and only priority is to keep or add players that help this franchise

I don't care where a player goes or what success he has there

ANY player that the FO does not think fits in with this franchise should go anywhere they can

like Carloser Rogers - who cares - Rogers did not measure up here and that is ALL that matters

IF Landry does not fit what this FO thinks this defense needs at SS (OR LB)I hope he goes to another team and becomes the best SS (OR LB) in the NFL

the ONLY thing that matters in adding or dropping players is what's best for this franchise
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football