Redskins strike a deal with rams

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
swine
User avatar
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:27 pm
Location: Durango, CO

Redskins strike a deal with rams

Postby cowboyhater4life » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:38 pm

R.I.P. Taylor!

swine
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:56 am

Postby Prowl33 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:48 pm

You gotta be kidding me, so we traded this first round, gave up next years and the year after thats first round pick? Plus some other undisclosed picks? I don't know that I believe all that.

---
User avatar
Posts: 18570
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:53 pm

#blankstare
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

swine
User avatar
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:27 pm
Location: Durango, CO

Postby cowboyhater4life » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:58 pm

I tried to type something up but froze
R.I.P. Taylor!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1197
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:52 pm
Location: MD

Postby MDSKINSFAN » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:02 pm

Man I hope RG3 lives up to the hype.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 863
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:51 pm
Location: Staten Island

Postby PAPDOG67 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:09 pm

Wow, we gave up a lot more than I think we had to, but if RGIII is Shanny's guy, than I'm on board with it. We now have to clean up in FA the next few years!! We can't have any more swings and misses on FA.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 863
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:51 pm
Location: Staten Island

Postby PAPDOG67 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:12 pm

Prowl33 wrote:You gotta be kidding me, so we traded this first round, gave up next years and the year after thats first round pick? Plus some other undisclosed picks? I don't know that I believe all that.


Jay Glaizer is one of the only guys who's reports I actually believe. He's very rarely wrong, unlike ESPN.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1197
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:52 pm
Location: MD

Postby MDSKINSFAN » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:15 pm

PAPDOG67 wrote:
Prowl33 wrote:You gotta be kidding me, so we traded this first round, gave up next years and the year after thats first round pick? Plus some other undisclosed picks? I don't know that I believe all that.


Jay Glaizer is one of the only guys who's reports I actually believe. He's very rarely wrong, unlike ESPN.


And Adam Schefter reported it. Hes one of the best.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

swine
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:53 pm

Postby Colorado Skin Fan » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:15 pm

Still a steal!! Steep price, but franchise QBs don't come cheap. He is a cornerstone you build a franchise around. Charisma, character, smarts, mad athleticism. Oh, and he can throw the ball a little too! For those in doubt watch as many games as I have the last 2 years while my daughter has been a Baylor student. This is the start of gaining back our respectability and shedding being the joke of the NFL. Hail to Shanahan. Hail to the Skins!!!

swine
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:56 am

Postby Prowl33 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:16 pm

Well, that being the case, atleast we made the deal NOW.

So now we can go into FA and easily lure in a talented WR or 2, among other positions around the fact that we will be a super bowl contending team within 1-2 years. RGIII should make some talent want to jump on board in a hurry.

---
User avatar
Posts: 18570
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:18 pm

I've come back down...

Umm.

I'll say this and depart. Ask an Giants fan if they care about the picks "lost" in the Eli trade...,2 Super Bowl wins later... You gotta pay to play.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1197
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:52 pm
Location: MD

Postby MDSKINSFAN » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:22 pm

Prowl33 wrote:Well, that being the case, atleast we made the deal NOW.

So now we can go into FA and easily lure in a talented WR or 2, among other positions around the fact that we will be a super bowl contending team within 1-2 years. RGIII should make some talent want to jump on board in a hurry.


Exactly. Knowing that RG3 will be throwing him the ball and not Grossman, Orton, Tanehill, or one of the other million qb's we have been rumored to have interest in might lure VJax here.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3266
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:13 pm
Location: Virginia

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:22 pm

And the browns were left in the dust.....


If RG III is the player he can be, we won't lament the trade in ten years. On the bright side, we don't have Norv Turner around here to ruin him.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1035
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:03 am

Postby spenser » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:29 pm

Posted this on profootballtalk, so just posting it here. For the record, I'm down...

The best part about this is going to be listening to all the special needs kids ripping the skins for overpaying, when up until the second this was reported everyone was on his jock and wanted him on their squad. look, did they over pay? Sure. But the last Franchise QB they have had was Sonny, 45 years ago. I repeat, the better half of FOUR DECADES! Its time to pull the trigger. There were plenty of people griping that NY over payed for Eli, but how’s that working out for them? Would much rather overpay and get a potential cornerstone for 10-15 years, then swing and miss on another Rod Gardner, Patrick Ramsey, Taylor Jacobs, Micheal Westbrook, Kenard Lang, Fill in the blank….
P.S. Skins very much under cap to fill O-Line needs and Strong WR Free agent year. Keep Hating Haters.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 863
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:51 pm
Location: Staten Island

Postby PAPDOG67 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:29 pm

MDSKINSFAN wrote:
PAPDOG67 wrote:
Prowl33 wrote:You gotta be kidding me, so we traded this first round, gave up next years and the year after thats first round pick? Plus some other undisclosed picks? I don't know that I believe all that.


Jay Glaizer is one of the only guys who's reports I actually believe. He's very rarely wrong, unlike ESPN.


And Adam Schefter reported it. Hes one of the best.


I'm seeing that Glazer broke the story. Doesn't matter. Schefter is actually the ONLY guy I give credit to from ESPN on any football stories. Him and maybe Clayton are the only credible ones. The rest of their guys are hacks.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football