Redskins strike a deal with rams

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
#######

Postby The Hogster » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:18 pm

Redskins_Fanatic wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:Gosh, and I was so hoping this would do it....

Anyway, you can never get "back" on something you were never on...

1. Sarcasm doesn't suit you.

2. I WASon the bandwagon but it was about two decades ago. I rode at the back until about 2004 then got off.

Why are you here then? Seriously
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:18 pm

The Hogster wrote:For people talking about the price, think of it this way. We've had 1st round picks in almost every draft over the last 15 years and won nothing.

It's not like having those picks will make us a winner for sure. Talent wins games, and we just added one heck of a talent.

Exactly Hogster. No one walks into a Bentley dealer and asks "how much?" If you have to ask that question than you can't afford it. If the Bentley is your car of choice, and you have the means, you go in and write the check. That being said, lets hope RGIII is a Bentley and not a Ford Pinto.

Hog

Postby Redskins_Fanatic » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:22 pm

The Hogster wrote:Why are you here then? Seriously

The ridiculous hope that maybe one of these days there will be a reason for me to want to get back on the bandwagon. That's about it.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:29 pm

Request:

Don't let Redsins_Fanatic hijack by replying to his posts.

OK.

I searched for these vanity plates a few weeks ago and they were taken:

RG3

RGIII

I think someone snatched them up for re-sale later. Dog!

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby aswas71788 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:54 pm

Maybe this has been said by others but I will say it agan. If RGIII is the elite quarterback in a couple three years that the Redskins neede, this will be a great trade, a seal and well worth the price. If he is just average or out, it will be the worst trade ever. We should take a wait and see attitude until the grade is in.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:02 pm

DarthMonk wrote:Request:

Don't let Redsins_Fanatic hijack by replying to his posts.

OK.

I searched for these vanity plates a few weeks ago and they were taken:

RG3

RGIII

I think someone snatched them up for re-sale later. Dog!

DarthMonk
You should try STF4GRF...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby Snout » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:49 pm

I am resigned the accept this and cheer for my team. But in the deep recesses of my memory, I keep thinking "Heath Shuler." I remember Redskins fans back then insisted that he should have won the Heisman, but he was robbed.

Hey, speaking of the Heisman, if RGIII comes that means that the Redskins have employed 3 of the last 20 Heisman winners, the other two being Desmond Howard (1991) and Danny Wuerffel (1996).

If we want more Heisman quarterbacks as potential backups, Chris Weinke (2000), Eric Crouch (2001), Jason White (2003) and Troy Smith (2006) may be available.

Aaaaarrggghhhh!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:30 pm

This kid ain't Heath Shuler.

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:45 pm

Countertrey wrote:This kid ain't Heath Shuler.

Of course, we didn't know Heath Shuler was fundamentally broken until the Redskins had him, but RG3 sure looks good. As far as we, outside Redskin Park, can see, RG3 is the best in a long while.

A 220 pound QB with an arm who is only a shade slower than Darrel Green???

Wow.

Breath-taking.

And both CT and I lived through long years when the Redskins had no 1st round picks...we called it "The Future is Now"...and it was a pretty good time.

If the team drafts smart in the lower rounds, as well as the second, third, and fourth, the Skins will be fine.

For the record, I think the Redskins had no 1st round pick between Ray (?) MacDonald and Art Monk. Joe Jacoby, Russ Grimm, Jeff Bostic, and Mark Sclereth were not first rounders. Neither were Charles Mann and Dexter Manley.

Good deal.

-----------

Postby Smithian » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:56 pm

So I was thrilled about the move last night. Loved it.

Slept on it.

Thought about it some more.

Realized the risks. Considered the positives.

Yup, still love it.
"I said when he retired that Joe Gibbs was the best coach I'd ever faced." - Bill Parcells

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:01 pm

DarthMonk wrote:I guess Hitler can relax:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=en ... -zOo6ydhQY

DarthMonk

LMAO!!!!

swine

Postby Prowl33 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:04 pm

emoses14 wrote:
PAPDOG67 wrote:
chiefhog44 wrote:By comparison, the Giants gave up a swap of 1st rounders, a third and fifth rounder, and a 1st rounder in the next season.
We gave up swap of 1st rounders, a 2nd rounder a 1st rounder in the next season, and a first rounder in 2014.

So broken down, this years 1st round draft picks were a wash, next years 1st rounders were a wash, the 1st in 2014 is like a 3rd this year, so those cancel out. So it comes down to this years 2nd to this years 3rd and 5th. Someone break out the value chart, but the totals between those have got to be fairly close right?

Throw the trade chart out the window with the new CBA. Also, how is our # 1 in 2014 like a 3rd rounder???

because its a 1st rounder 3 years from now. Its like money, you have to discount for present value. $10 promised to you in 3 years is not worth $10 to you today. Conversely, $10 in hand today will be worth more, given x rate of interest, in 3 years. So, the value of a #1 drops or rises depending on what year its good in. OUr first this year is worth much more to the rams then the one we're giving them in 2014.

I understand what your saying with this, and I'm not arguing with the decision of us trading... but a first round pick is a first round pick. Come next year, and the year after, it's not a "2nd or 3rd round value" it's a first round pick we no longer have.

That being said... this will either be the best, or worst decision the organization has ever made, and no one will know that answer until we atleast get through this season.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:18 pm

This is a VERY good trade for the Redskins

This is also a VERY good trade for the Rams

we gave up 2 first round picks and a 2nd round pick

Anyone that cannot see this as being a VERY good move by the Redskins is VERY pessimistic

what a great day for Redskins fans

AND

we have 6 months to wait to watch this franchise begin the road back to consistently contending for the playoffs

We may or not be there this season but we will be ijn the playoffs for many years to come

NOT because we may have RGIII as the QB but because we have a FO that will do what it takes to make this franchise great again

FANTASTIC trade

UNBELIEVABLE
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:23 pm

welch wrote:
Countertrey wrote:This kid ain't Heath Shuler.

Of course, we didn't know Heath Shuler was fundamentally broken until the Redskins had him, but RG3 sure looks good. As far as we, outside Redskin Park, can see, RG3 is the best in a long while.

A 220 pound QB with an arm who is only a shade slower than Darrel Green???

Wow.

Breath-taking.

And both CT and I lived through long years when the Redskins had no 1st round picks...we called it "The Future is Now"...and it was a pretty good time.

If the team drafts smart in the lower rounds, as well as the second, third, and fourth, the Skins will be fine.

For the record, I think the Redskins had no 1st round pick between Ray (?) MacDonald and Art Monk. Joe Jacoby, Russ Grimm, Jeff Bostic, and Mark Sclereth were not first rounders. Neither were Charles Mann and Dexter Manley.

Good deal.
There is some irony in that there is a family connection between both periods of no-first-rounder. The first one resulted in our first Super Bowl appearance, and many very competitive seasons, as well as the real birth of the rivalry with the Cowboys... Good times. Perhaps, again? Let's hope.

This is certainly a good start.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:53 pm

Cosell expects RG3 to be “excellent fit” for Redskins offense

NFL Films analyst Greg Cosell is a frequent guest on PFT Live. He might watch more game tape than any human on the planet. Cosell is a trusted voice on player personnel evaluation, and he’s signed off on the Redskins’ trade up for Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III. Cosell wrote on Twitter Saturday that Griffin will be an “excellent fit” in Redskins coach Mike Shanahan’s offense, which historically features an athletic quarterback capable of making throws on the run. Cosell explained that Shanahan’s “play-action and boot-action pass game” sets up “downfield shot plays.”

Griffin’s primary strengths are his athleticism and vertical passing accuracy. He can run and has a big arm, and those traits will go to use in Washington’s system.

By any measure, the Redskins surrendered more draft-pick compensation than the No. 2 overall selection is theoretically worth. But the foundation of the trade was not just quarterback acquisition. The Redskins acquired a quarterback that quintessentially fits what they want to do.

When Shanahan thinks a QB fits his O, he goes after him. True, McNabb failed here, but there was no question that McNabb's skill set fit Shanny's O. Look at all the 50 yard pass completions, he had early in the season. He made Armstrong into what looked like a promising deep threat.
I take it that RGIII will not lack the work ethic, wil work on his footwork and will wear the wrist band, if need be. :lol:

Next up for the O, WR and OL.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... s-offense/

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football