Thoughts from a Ram Fan

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Thoughts from a Ram Fan

Postby Montanaramfan » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:40 am

Hey Skin Fans,

Congrats on the trade! I honestly think it's going to turn out to be a great thing for both teams. I think RG3 is going to bring more excitement into Redskin football than you've seen in a long time. For those of you who feel that you've sold the farm, think of it this way...would you give up those picks for a QB like Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers? I would. Looking at our (the Rams) recent drafts, many of the guys we drafted ended up being washouts. I'm sure you guys have had your share, too. If you really believe that RG3 is all he's cracked up to be (and I do) then you make the trade. Should be exciting to watch him play Vick twice a year.

Best of luck next season!

Montanaramfan

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:45 am

I cried no.lie... Wish I knew the Colts for sure take luck.. rgiii Jersey is top priority
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:46 am

G'day and thanks!

I hope you guys use the picks wisely and that they help get the Rams back into contention

There is NO DOUBT at all about the fact that RGIII will help us offensively .. but, it's more than that

This franchise now has a really legit QB and when you have a good QB all the other parts of your team somehow just seem to be a lot better

this is a great move for us

hope it works out great for you guys too

all the best
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:47 am

I think we gave a lot. I also think the Rams moved to a lower spot than would be ideal. So I think both teams sacrificed some things to get this done...but, I do think this is a good trade for both teams. I like that the Rams didn't take two ones this year. I think that actually helps your team get better long term from the standpoint that your coaches and scouts will now have a full year to see what they have, and understand what the coaches are looking for. I think RG3 would have been a good QB on most teams, but he is a perfect fit for this offense.

Good luck
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Postby Montanaramfan » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:07 am

cowboykillerzRED wrote:I cried no.lie... Wish I knew the Colts for sure take luck.. rgiii Jersey is top priority

No kidding! Can you see the Colts holding the Skins hostage now..."Hmm, maybe WE'LL take RG3...." Not that Luck would be bad but, as a fan, I think RG3 will bring more excitement to Washington than Luck will to Indy. Add in the fact that Indy is getting rid of all of its other players. I think Luck will look like Bradford did last season. Wayne, Clark, maybe Garcon gone...good luck (no pun intended;-)

Hog

Postby SprintRightOption » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:17 am

I am not that excited. I know that Brandon Banks has more TD passes and a better passer rating in the NFL than Griffin will ever have and we didn't pay a lot for Brandon.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:30 am

There is NO DOUBT that Andrew Luck is going to the Colts - NONE

nothing against RGIII, but the Colts want Andrew Luck as badly as we want RGIII

The Colts are not letting us get Andrew Luck

are you crazy? :lol:
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:48 pm

Montanaramfan wrote:
cowboykillerzRED wrote:I cried no.lie... Wish I knew the Colts for sure take luck.. rgiii Jersey is top priority

No kidding! Can you see the Colts holding the Skins hostage now...

Um...sure....The point of the trade was to get one of the two. We will get one of the two. Talk about manufacturing a reason to worry...
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:55 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Montanaramfan wrote:

No kidding! Can you see the Colts holding the Skins hostage now...

Um...sure....The point of the trade was to get one of the two. We will get one of the two. Talk about manufacturing a reason to worry...

Frankly, whichever falls to us, is a NO LOSE pick. We are in awesome shape. We expect it to be RGIII, but I'm not crying if it's Luck, who will probably be the better quarterback out of the gate, and athletically, is no slouch.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

kazoo

Re: Thoughts from a Ram Fan

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:59 pm

Montanaramfan wrote:Hey Skin Fans,

Congrats on the trade! I honestly think it's going to turn out to be a great thing for both teams. I think RG3 is going to bring more excitement into Redskin football than you've seen in a long time. For those of you who feel that you've sold the farm, think of it this way...would you give up those picks for a QB like Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers? I would. Looking at our (the Rams) recent drafts, many of the guys we drafted ended up being washouts. I'm sure you guys have had your share, too. If you really believe that RG3 is all he's cracked up to be (and I do) then you make the trade. Should be exciting to watch him play Vick twice a year.

Montanaramfan

Talk about a break for the Rams having the overall #1 pick last year and needing everything BUT a QB. Well done. And yeah, it's totally worth it for us as well.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:39 pm

Montanaramfan

Thanks Montana. Don't just post and run, though. We need a Rams fan as a regular on this board. I like having other teams' fans here. Well, except for Smeagols, G-strings, and Cowpie fans that is. :puke:
Last edited by Deadskins on Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:41 pm

Deadskins wrote:

Montanaramfan

Thanks Montana. Don't just post and run, though. We need a Rams fan as a regular on this board. I' like having other teams' fans here, well, except for Smeagols, G-strings, and Cowpie fans that is. :puke:

You forgot Ravens. But other then that, agreed.

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:20 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

Montanaramfan

Thanks Montana. Don't just post and run, though. We need a Rams fan as a regular on this board. I' like having other teams' fans here, well, except for Smeagols, G-strings, and Cowpie fans that is. :puke:

You forgot Ravens. But other then that, agreed.

No need for Seabirds nor Patsies nor Stillers either. :twisted:

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:27 pm

Gotta give it up to the Rams on this one. They have Jeff Fisher and a fist full of extra picks going forward. The future looks great there!

Hog

Postby aswas71788 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:00 pm

The grade is out on this trade until about 3 years down the road. If it is done, then we the fans, are gong to have to live with it. If the Rams play games and take RGIII then the Redskins get Luck. If RGIII or Luck turn out to be everything that is predicted, then it will be worth the price. If they are just average of a bust then it will be the worst trade ever. Hope for the best.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football