Thoughts from a Ram Fan

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:11 pm

SprintRightOption wrote:I am not that excited. I know that Brandon Banks has more TD passes and a better passer rating in the NFL than Griffin will ever have and we didn't pay a lot for Brandon.

Well ... you really went out on a limb with passer rating. Banks' is 158.3.

But more TD passes? Right. -drinking

I'll take that bet.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby HarleyHog » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:22 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
SprintRightOption wrote:I am not that excited. I know that Brandon Banks has more TD passes and a better passer rating in the NFL than Griffin will ever have and we didn't pay a lot for Brandon.

I'll take that bet.

DarthMonk

+1
Lol
Everybody funny, now you funny too ...

"The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have." -Vince Lombardi

(BTW . . . we have RGIII now)

Hog

Postby SprintRightOption » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:26 pm

DarthMonk wrote:

I'll take that bet.

DarthMonk

I was referring to the passer rating as something Robert will never be better than Brandon, not TD's. I still watch Brandon's TD play and that play was a masterpiece of deception and everybody executed that play to perfection. The PATRIOTS were clueless and bought into that he was going to run the ball ...hook, line and sinker. It's great to see the defensive backs realize what's about to happen and then they trip over each other. By the way, that was a 49 yard pass for a touchdown.

Skins History Buff

Re: Thoughts from a Ram Fan

Postby welch » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:49 pm

Montanaramfan wrote:Hey Skin Fans,

Congrats on the trade! I honestly think it's going to turn out to be a great thing for both teams. I think RG3 is going to bring more excitement into Redskin football than you've seen in a long time. For those of you who feel that you've sold the farm, think of it this way...would you give up those picks for a QB like Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers? I would. Looking at our (the Rams) recent drafts, many of the guys we drafted ended up being washouts. I'm sure you guys have had your share, too. If you really believe that RG3 is all he's cracked up to be (and I do) then you make the trade. Should be exciting to watch him play Vick twice a year.

Best of luck next season!

Montanaramfan

My son, a life-long Redskin fan, lives near St Louis. He likes Bradford. Smart move by the Rams, and good luck to them. May the teams meet in the NFC championship!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:53 pm

Dumb.
That was a horrible pass from a reciever that doesn't recieve much -excluding punts and kos of coourse and ima big bb fan... BUT To bring that up vs rgiii? Are you high? How bout we have a quarter of the turn overs we had last year with a Rookie! RGIII is a the future of B&G and most likely the qb position in all the nfl.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:30 pm

Desperate for an analogy (note the word begins with anal):

Here's what I came up with:

I know that Yan Estaban has more homers and a higher batting average in the Major Leagues than Bryce Harper will ever have and the Braves didn't pay a lot for Yan.

Then later:

I was referring to the batting average as something Bryce will never be better than Yan, not HRs.

PS - Yan Estaban was an undrafted pitcher who batted once in his life and hit a homer.

Tell me you were just trying to be funny.

PPS - you know, your name is a play we might call a few times next year.

DarthMonk

SprintRightOption wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:

I'll take that bet.

DarthMonk

I was referring to the passer rating as something Robert will never be better than Brandon, not TD's. I still watch Brandon's TD play and that play was a masterpiece of deception and everybody executed that play to perfection. The PATRIOTS were clueless and bought into that he was going to run the ball ...hook, line and sinker. It's great to see the defensive backs realize what's about to happen and then they trip over each other. By the way, that was a 49 yard pass for a touchdown.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

~~~~~

Postby Warmother » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:50 pm

Hope you guys use the 32nd pick in the 2013 and 2014 drafts to great success! :)
"I never apologize. I'm sorry but that's just the way I am."

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:17 pm

Warmother wrote:Hope you guys use the 32nd pick in the 2013 and 2014 drafts to great success! :)

That's what I'm talkin' about warm momma! :up:

DarthMonk

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:50 pm

aswas71788 wrote:If RGIII or Luck turn out to be everything that is predicted, then it will be worth the price. If they are just average of a bust then it will be the worst trade ever.

The worst trade ever was when Minnesota traded for Herschel Walker. This wouldn't even compare, even if our draftee is the next Ryan Leaf.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:30 pm

G'day Montanaramfan

can you give us an idea of what the Rams' fans are thinking about this trade?

we think it's a GREAT trade for both franchises - do you guys feel the same?
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

Postby SamtheRam » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:05 am

SkinsJock wrote:G'day Montanaramfan

can you give us an idea of what the Rams' fans are thinking about this trade?

we think it's a GREAT trade for both franchises - do you guys feel the same?

Rams fans think we struck gold. We are pretty pumped. With Fisher running the show, we think we are heading in the right direction too. Many Rams fans wanted to take RG3 and trade Bradford, but with his contract, it wasn't feasible. I think you guys also struck gold with RG3. He is going to be electric. Can't wait to see him play. Our old regime wasn't very good at drafting past round 3. That killed our depth. Hopefully Fisher and company change that. The Rams do have some nice building blocks and should be able to turn things around rather quickly. Anyway, good luck to you guys and RG3 and hope it works out for both of us.

Hog

Postby the poster » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:27 am

Deadskins wrote:
aswas71788 wrote:If RGIII or Luck turn out to be everything that is predicted, then it will be worth the price. If they are just average of a bust then it will be the worst trade ever.

The worst trade ever was when Minnesota traded for Herschel Walker. This wouldn't even compare, even if our draftee is the next Ryan Leaf.

umm...yes it would. keep trying to convince yourself that this has o possibility of going down as one of the single worst trades in the history of the NFL. telling yourself that it doesn't is not going to make that possibility go away.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:39 am

the poster wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

umm...yes it would. keep trying to convince yourself that this has o possibility of going down as one of the single worst trades in the history of the NFL. telling yourself that it doesn't is not going to make that possibility go away.

Go away

The Herschel Walker, Ricky Williams, Ryan Leaf, & Brett Favre trades are cemented in infamy.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby the poster » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:26 am

the rams fleeced the redskins. but....that's to be expected, the very fact of how they acquired this pick is equal to the main reason why this franchise is now considered a failure for the past decade plus.

they are owned and operated by the worst owner in the sport who has long destroyed the team. this is just the latest desperate panicky move they have made in a long, long, long line of them.

in the process, they have fueled the rams resurgence. it's up to st Louis to now do it right with all their newfound high draft picks for the next several seasons.

as for the player the redskins have mortgaged their future on, I don't know enough about him. but I do know a few things about his circumstances.

1. he played in the big 12 conference, known as a weaker conference, with spread offenses and statistically struggling defenses. when u look at his highlights, it's not against future NFL players like Eli for example had when he was in the sec. go look at this new guy's highlights and count how many of them are RUNS up the middle against some high school team like Kansas state for 40 yards. good luck doing that in the pros. there is a reason this conference never produces legimate NFL qbs (the unproven Sam bradford ironically being the closest), despite qbs like the immortal kliff kingsbury putting up retarded numbers. if one cites all of rg3s stats, I will say big deal, that alone doesn't mean squat. I would argue look at the competition and also realize he is nowhere near the first qb to put up big numbers at his position in college, particularly that conference which boasts many defensive players who won't be playing on Sunday's.

2. he is built along the lines of a Michael Vick. he has a wiry frame for the NFL. what happens when he's out in week 10 like Vick is every year?

3. he's going to the redskins. the redskins! the nfl's graveyard! there's no talent around him at ALL, he's by himself. except for one pot-smoking te who's one joint away from a year long ban. you can't do it all by yourself in the pros. and he's going to a terrible team, with no talent, and who also now has relinquished their ability to add top college talent to go with him for the forseeable future.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:59 am

the poster wrote:the rams fleeced the redskins. but....that's to be expected, the very fact of how they acquired this pick is equal to the main reason why this franchise is now considered a failure for the past decade plus.

they are owned and operated by the worst owner in the sport who has long destroyed the team. this is just the latest desperate panicky move they have made in a long, long, long line of them.

in the process, they have fueled the rams resurgence. it's up to st Louis to now do it right with all their newfound high draft picks for the next several seasons.

as for the player the redskins have mortgaged their future on, I don't know enough about him. but I do know a few things about his circumstances.

1. he played in the big 12 conference, known as a weaker conference, with spread offenses and statistically struggling defenses. when u look at his highlights, it's not against future NFL players like Eli for example had when he was in the sec. go look at this new guy's highlights and count how many of them are RUNS up the middle against some high school team like Kansas state for 40 yards. good luck doing that in the pros. there is a reason this conference never produces legimate NFL qbs (the unproven Sam bradford ironically being the closest), despite qbs like the immortal kliff kingsbury putting up retarded numbers. if one cites all of rg3s stats, I will say big deal, that alone doesn't mean squat. I would argue look at the competition and also realize he is nowhere near the first qb to put up big numbers at his position in college, particularly that conference which boasts many defensive players who won't be playing on Sunday's.

2. he is built along the lines of a Michael Vick. he has a wiry frame for the NFL. what happens when he's out in week 10 like Vick is every year?

3. he's going to the redskins. the redskins! the nfl's graveyard! there's no talent around him at ALL, he's by himself. except for one pot-smoking te who's one joint away from a year long ban. you can't do it all by yourself in the pros. and he's going to a terrible team, with no talent, and who also now has relinquished their ability to add top college talent to go with him for the forseeable future.

i don't often do this. i usually like to give reasons, good or bad, for why i say something.

You are simply not correct.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football