I want the Colts to pick ...

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.

Luck
75%
RGIII
25%

Total votes : 20
DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:59 pm

... Luck or RGIII?

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:31 pm

Luck... the better quarterback out of the box... but long term for the Redskins, Shanahan can open a larger variety of plays involving quarterback movement, and, therefore, much more dynamic offensive play with RGIII under center. A pass first quarterback who moves laterally will give defensive backs fits... extending plays, and giving receivers more time to gain separation, effectively improving THEIR play... making them appear better than they are. Put one or two elite receivers back there, and you have opportunities for a tremendous vertical offense.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:41 pm

While Luck may be more NFL ready from day one, I think RG3 is poised to win more games with his gamebreaking ability.

Luck is athletic, but people fail to realize what a guy like RG does to a Defensive Coordinator. You essentially have to spy him--if you don't, he's going around the corner at 4.3 for first down after first down. If you do, then you open up the box for cutback lanes, and receivers for playaction.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

goskins

Postby GoSkins » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:59 pm

Countertrey wrote:Luck... the better quarterback out of the box... but long term for the Redskins, Shanahan can open a larger variety of plays involving quarterback movement, and, therefore, much more dynamic offensive play with RGIII under center. A pass first quarterback who moves laterally will give defensive backs fits... extending plays, and giving receivers more time to gain separation, effectively improving THEIR play... making them appear better than they are. Put one or two elite receivers back there, and you have opportunities for a tremendous vertical offense.

I agree. Great analysis.

Hog

Postby PickSixerTWSS » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:25 pm

I'd rather have RG3.
Hail Robert Griffin III!

21 Sean Taylor will never be forgotten.....

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:53 pm

luck

rg3 is da next vick

thats what we need

go skins

superbowl bound baby
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:55 pm

Luck

I believe that RGIII the better fit for the Shanny O. The deep ball is back!

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:08 pm

..........my left butt cheek
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:54 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:luck

rg3 is da next vick

thats what we need

go skins

superbowl bound baby

RG3 is no Vick... Griffin actually understands football. Apparently, when the Redskins interviewed him, they were blown away by his ability to break down their offense.

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:32 am

tribeofjudah wrote:..........my left butt cheek

Really? What's up with the right cheek..???
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:06 am

Personally, I'd prefer Luck by a small margin. So I guess I would say I hope the Colts take RGIII.

But that won't even be on my mind on draft day. If the Colts don't take Luck I will be stunned.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:18 am

Either would be GREAT for us. and the Cols

However, I prefer RGIII for them and Luck for us.

Reason: RGIII is more likely to get injured. He had already a knee injury and a running QB in the NFL is a non-lasting commodity.

Luck, on the other hand, is almost just as fast running but has a tendency not to gamble running beyond the line.

All I need is a QB who extends plays. If I wanted a runner, I would get a good RB.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:35 am

Countertrey wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:luck

rg3 is da next vick

thats what we need

go skins

superbowl bound baby

RG3 is no Vick... Griffin actually understands football. Apparently, when the Redskins interviewed him, they were blown away by his ability to break down their offense.

EVERYTHING I hear about this guy just makes it all the sweeter.

As an athlete and a QB he's got it all, and his upbringing pretty much guarantess a clean-living, lead by example, not afraid to lead and set examples, team first, inspirational guy.

Our image is set for a long overdue upgrade, the joke is over, we're gonna be a force, a long-term force, with players to respect and look up to.

:up:
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:27 am

At this point, after doing further research on RG3, I prefer him to Luck. Not that I believe Luck will not be a great QB. But, I think the added dimension that Griffin adds is what we need here. Mike has never had a guy this athletic. And, this city needs some excitement.

The tailgates will be jumping. The stadium will be electric knowing that we have a guy who can go the distance on any given play.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:41 am

Redskin in Canada wrote:Either would be GREAT for us. and the Cols

However, I prefer RGIII for them and Luck for us.

Reason: RGIII is more likely to get injured. He had already a knee injury and a running QB in the NFL is a non-lasting commodity.

Luck, on the other hand, is almost just as fast running but has a tendency not to gamble running beyond the line.

All I need is a QB who extends plays. If I wanted a runner, I would get a good RB.

You need to watch more film, RiC. RG3 prefers NOT to run. He is pass first, all the way. His ability, however, forces defenses to be aware. He uses his ability to run as a tool to help open up his receivers... not as his first option after his first read. He likes to move laterally, forcing defenses to come up, giving more opportunities for his receivers to get separation. He understands progressions, and will go through all of them before taking off. He is a very quick learner.

He is NOT a running QB. He IS a passing QB who can run, and is very disciplined in that. If he is able to stand in the pocket, he'll do that all day long.

Ben Rothliberger extends plays with his physical strength, and ability to fend off pass rushers. RGIII extends plays with his legs and cunning. He runs only when he has no clear options. People keep making comparisons with Mike Vick... people... this is NOT just a bigger version of Vick. You will be blown away by what this kid can do.

Return to Around the League