Will Griffin start the opener?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Will RGIII start the opener?

Start him. He should be getting real game experience.
52
90%
Sit him. He should study under a vet before being thrown to the wolves.
6
10%
 
Total votes : 58
JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16165
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:42 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:tongue in chick temptation

Hey, hey, hey let's keep that kind of talk in the Smack forum. :twisted:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ
Posts: 13411
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:50 pm

I think that RGIII starts day 1

RGIII is NOT starting day 1 because:

1- he has to

OR

2 - That's why we traded for him

btw - I ALSO did not participate in the poll - ONLY because it's a stupid poll :lol:
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL


Currently 50-41

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1277
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:23 pm
Location: Pasadena, MD

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:46 am

If RGIII's competition in the preseason is Rex and/or Beck, he will be starting week 1. I just don't see trading everything they did for him just to have him ride the bench for a couple of games, especially if he outshines (and I'm almost 100% sure he will) Grossman/Beck in the preseason.

#######
Posts: 7225
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:58 am

SkinsJock wrote:
The Hogster wrote:Starting him week 1 doesn't mean that he's not the guy for the long term. That logic makes no sense.

I'm sure the Panthers view Cam as their long term solution, but he still started. And, he didn't even have a full offseason. Same for Andy Dalton.


some posters here constantly make it obvious to others that they do not have a clue

Some posters here seem to think they need to let the rest of us know
1 - that they are more knowledgeable than others

AND

2 - that their input here is needed :shock:


thankfully Mike is in charge and not some nitwits here

This is NOT Cam Newton or Andy Dalton - DUH - this is Robert Griffin III
and another revelation - He's always going to be just that, he's not anyone else - WAKE UP

RGIII could very well start but it's not because he has to start

HE WILL BE THE STARTING QB WHEN MIKE THINKS HE SHOULD START

NOT because some nitwit fans or the media or anyone else thinks "he has to start on day 1"



I'm not going to engage here, because this post is written at the 8th grade level. So, I'll assume an 8th grader wrote it--making an argument just wrong.

For reference, the highlighted part of your post is typical of a SkinsJock contribution. It's a fluffy statement of the obvious and you think is an educated opinion. He will start when Mike thinks so. Duh. Mike isn't here though. So, you roll with the opinions of the people here. Your post uses excess words to say nothing. Mike is the Head Coach. So of course RG3 will start when Mike wants him to. That's not the question. The question is whether WE THINK he will be ready Day 1. Good grief.

](*,)
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

#######
Posts: 7225
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:01 am

SkinsJock wrote:I think that RGIII starts day 1

RGIII is NOT starting day 1 because:

1- he has to

OR

2 - That's why we traded for him

btw - I ALSO did not participate in the poll - ONLY because it's a stupid poll :lol:


Do you even read this stuff?? :shock:

WTF
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1195
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:02 pm
Location: Co. Cavan, Ireland

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:05 am

And with that another thread goes malignant....

:roll:
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:51 pm

Postby Mississippiskinsfan2 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:07 am

The Hogster wrote:With his athleticism, he gives us the best chance to win, even while he's learning. He may have a few 12-26 for 225yd games, but he'll probably add another 50-60 on the ground. We can't leave that on the bench and trot out a guy whose going to give the other team the ball 3 times.

We don't have the luxury of sitting him. Just like Kurtis Painter will be holding a clipboard for Andrew Luck. When you're picking that high, it's usually because you suck.

You don't start suck over talent.


+1 It would be like sitting Steve Young with out having Joe Montana.Would be awesome if he plays any thing like Steve Young

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1277
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:23 pm
Location: Pasadena, MD

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:08 am

I'm fully convinced that SkinsJock is really Kyle Shanahan.

#######
Posts: 7225
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:09 am

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:And with that another thread goes malignant....

:roll:


Oh lord. Another ticket from the Play Nice Police :oops:
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1195
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:02 pm
Location: Co. Cavan, Ireland

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:10 am

The Hogster wrote:
SouthLondonRedskin wrote:And with that another thread goes malignant....

:roll:


Oh lord. Another ticket from the Play Nice Police :oops:


Just shut it and pay the fine!!!

:wink:
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:11 am

Irn-Bru wrote:Barring injury, I don't see how it's even possible that any of our current QBs would outplay him in training camp and preseason


I agree, but that's not the criteria for a rookie. The criteria are if he is comfortable and confident enough to run enough of the playbook to be successful. He's only going to be competing against himself. And that will be game by game choices. I hope it's week one, but people are just ahead of themselves no matter how highly regarded he is for a rookie who hasn't gone to a single OTA. Or isn't even on the roster yet...
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

#######
Posts: 7225
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:11 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:I'm fully convinced that SkinsJock is really Kyle Shanahan.


LOL = I could see it.

Typical SkinsJock Post below:

NO - Mike Shanahan WILL do whatever is BEST

This team WILL be BETTER because we HAVE TO be

RG3 WILL start but not because YOU say so but because I DO and MIKE TOO

YOU'RE WRONG because you are NOT Mike Shanahan
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

#######
Posts: 7225
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:15 am

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:
The Hogster wrote:
SouthLondonRedskin wrote:And with that another thread goes malignant....

:roll:


Oh lord. Another ticket from the Play Nice Police :oops:


Just shut it and pay the fine!!!

:wink:


Dude, you just joined here. Word to the wise. You will drive yourself crazy trying to police civility. In America, there's no such thing anyway. :lol:
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

#######
Posts: 7225
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:20 am

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:
The Hogster wrote:
SouthLondonRedskin wrote:And with that another thread goes malignant....

:roll:


Oh lord. Another ticket from the Play Nice Police :oops:


Just shut it and pay the fine!!!

:wink:


Dude, you just joined here. Word to the wise. You will drive yourself crazy trying to police civility. In America, there's no such thing anyway. :lol:
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1195
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:02 pm
Location: Co. Cavan, Ireland

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:32 am

The Hogster wrote:
SouthLondonRedskin wrote:
The Hogster wrote:
SouthLondonRedskin wrote:And with that another thread goes malignant....

:roll:


Oh lord. Another ticket from the Play Nice Police :oops:


Just shut it and pay the fine!!!

:wink:


Dude, you just joined here. Word to the wise. You will drive yourself crazy trying to police civility. In America, there's no such thing anyway. :lol:


I'm not into policing anything, just a little exasperated with some of the brick walls the threads occasionally walk into. You go ahead and take from this site what you need and I'll do the same.

As far as civility goes, I aint giving up on y'all (he said in his best American accent) but I'll leave you to your squabbles.

Yawn
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football