Will Griffin start the opener?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Will RGIII start the opener?

Start him. He should be getting real game experience.
52
90%
Sit him. He should study under a vet before being thrown to the wolves.
6
10%
 
Total votes : 58
Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4840
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:36 am

The Hogster wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:I'm fully convinced that SkinsJock is really Kyle Shanahan.


LOL = I could see it.

Typical SkinsJock Post below:

NO - Mike Shanahan WILL do whatever is BEST

This team WILL be BETTER because we HAVE TO be

RG3 WILL start but not because YOU say so but because I DO and MIKE TOO

YOU'RE WRONG because you are NOT Mike Shanahan


Oh my god, I just choked and shot diet pepsi out my freaking nose.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4840
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:42 am

I'm going to say RGIII starts on day one. Not because he has to, or because we traded picks for him or because the season ticket holders expect it.

One thing that gets overlooked a bit when people are talking about RGIII is that the guy is really smart. He graduated with a 3.67 and an eye on law school. He clearly has a strong work ethic, and he's not lacking in confidence. Yeah, we know he has all of the athletic ability, but I'll say he starts day one because he has the mentality to do it. I expect him to put in the work in camp, learn the playbook, listen to the coaches, and be ready to play in September.

#######
Posts: 7225
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:59 am

riggofan wrote:I'm going to say RGIII starts on day one. Not because he has to, or because we traded picks for him or because the season ticket holders expect it.

One thing that gets overlooked a bit when people are talking about RGIII is that the guy is really smart. He graduated with a 3.67 and an eye on law school. He clearly has a strong work ethic, and he's not lacking in confidence. Yeah, we know he has all of the athletic ability, but I'll say he starts day one because he has the mentality to do it. I expect him to put in the work in camp, learn the playbook, listen to the coaches, and be ready to play in September.


+1

Agree on all counts. And, the fact that our other options are RG3Ints & John What The Beck - it's pretty clear that RG3 is the man here as soon as he snaps that Burgundy helmet.
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

Canes Skin
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:02 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA

Postby CanesSkins26 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:04 am

The Hogster wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:I'm fully convinced that SkinsJock is really Kyle Shanahan.


LOL = I could see it.

Typical SkinsJock Post below:

NO - Mike Shanahan WILL do whatever is BEST

This team WILL be BETTER because we HAVE TO be

RG3 WILL start but not because YOU say so but because I DO and MIKE TOO

YOU'RE WRONG because you are NOT Mike Shanahan


Well played, sir.
Suck and Luck

swine
User avatar
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:20 am

Postby JiveTurkee » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:45 pm

Whenever he starts playing, I can't wait to see him play.

DarthMonk
Posts: 4475
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:48 pm

JiveTurkee wrote:Whenever he starts playing, I can't wait to see him play.


Sweet. An "enemy" who's not a hater.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4840
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:49 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:
The Hogster wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:I'm fully convinced that SkinsJock is really Kyle Shanahan.


LOL = I could see it.

Typical SkinsJock Post below:

NO - Mike Shanahan WILL do whatever is BEST

This team WILL be BETTER because we HAVE TO be

RG3 WILL start but not because YOU say so but because I DO and MIKE TOO

YOU'RE WRONG because you are NOT Mike Shanahan


Well played, sir.


"This team WILL be BETTER because we HAVE TO be" killed me. haha.

swine
User avatar
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:20 am

Postby JiveTurkee » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:06 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
JiveTurkee wrote:Whenever he starts playing, I can't wait to see him play.


Sweet. An "enemy" who's not a hater.

DarthMonk

:lol: I like the Redskins. I live in "Redskins territory" so I catch some of their games. I can't stand the Crygirls at all. I hate them with all of my guts and wish them nothing but failure and hope they keep Romosimpson.

---
User avatar
Posts: 18570
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:30 pm

If he's ready to play, play him. He'll be ready IMO.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

**LPJ**
Posts: 6385
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:53 pm

Sup JiveTurkee, welcome to best Skins site in the universe.

You guys aren't enemies exactly but you are becoming like roaches all over the place.

An enemy for the Redskins is a fan of another team that I've had physical confrontations with and the steelers are not on my list. :lol:

So far I've fought the whole NFC East.. and... ummm... dag, I guess that's about it. Oh, and the ravens cause nothing pretty ever happens when 410'ians come to Landover.

Anyways, yea, start him right away... can he start now? :lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog
Posts: 2395
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:05 pm
Location: Midland, VA

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:08 pm

I lived in Pittsburgh for 2 years and I have friends there. They always hate on Cowboys and are not particularity fond of Eagles either. I haven't met one that say anything good about the Giants either. They pretty much root for us. They also have like our defenses for years. They aren't enemy except when we play them.

CKRGiii
Posts: 4677
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:12 pm

Idk if its my 505 knuckleheadedness but ya... I'm jealous. Havin only physically serving pukes fans lmao... Need to make it out to the capitol a couple times this year ha ha not supporting violence of course jus condoning using force to subdue ignorant loud mouths particularly the ones that disrespect women and/or in front of kids.

Start him. Dah
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

DarthMonk
Posts: 4475
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:21 pm

JiveTurkee wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:
JiveTurkee wrote:Whenever he starts playing, I can't wait to see him play.


Sweet. An "enemy" who's not a hater.

DarthMonk

:lol: I like the Redskins. I live in "Redskins territory" so I catch some of their games. I can't stand the Crygirls at all. I hate them with all of my guts and wish them nothing but failure and hope they keep Romosimpson.


My fave teams in order are WAS, IND, PIT, CLE. The last 3 are old NFL and I grew up a Bmore Colt fan living in MD just outside DC.

I hate COW, RAD, RAV, EAG, & NYG.

I am currently laughing at "the poster", a crying Brown eye, I mean fan, and The Judge, a girl.

Nice to have you jt. In Japan we'd call you shichimencho. :up:

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ
Posts: 13497
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:48 pm

Having fun yet

I'll repeat for the slow ones - I know most understand

STUPID poll as it only gives limited choices - then again, we should consider who posted it :lol:

I REPEAT - RG# starts day 1 - I disagree TOTALLY that he has to for any reason EXCEPT that he's ready and the staff think the offense works best with him

there's NO QUESTION that he's better than anyone that played QB here recently




I love getting under certain posters skin - haven't worked at it much - might try that again :wink:
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 408
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:47 pm
Location: Dallas, Tx

Will RG3 be the opening day starter?

Postby funsho2 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:28 pm

Or will come in for rex later on....andy dalton played all games last year for the bengals so did cam newton....thoughts fellas.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football