What the Redskins gave up to get RGIII

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby the poster » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:39 pm

Countertrey wrote:The Commissioner's office has already stated that they have cleared the Redskins.

AS I understand it, the Commissioner's office also stated that they will reopen the case involving any team if new "information" surfaces.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/text/2017810710.html

"While some players who played for Williams elsewhere said he oversaw bounty systems there, too, the league said its didn't find evidence that "programs at other clubs involved targeting opposing players or rewarding players for injuring an opponent." But Goodell could reopen the case if new information emerges."

THIS....is not just new information. It's new and it's a bombshell. Here you got a couple of ex redskins (presumably ex players) saying they were getting a reward to knock a player out.

This is actually exactly what the NFL would be looking for to reopen an invesigation because the language in the story is even more damaging and explicit than the original lanaguage I heard in stories involving the Saints.

This could result in major punishment. To me, its not even a question that this results in an investigation of the Washington Redskins. The NFL, which is under extreme pressure to address the health of their players cannot just overlook this story.

Redskins will find themselves in the crosshairs on this one. The question is......would the team be punished.

(The reality is, the Saints fans were punished with those draft pick losses. They should have just fined the culprits. And fine them heavy. But since the NFL has set the precedent on punishment, it cannot be just shrugged off that they wouldnt go after Redskin draft picks including any used to secure their top draft pick this season if they find enough reason to.)

This is going to get interesting in Washington. If you think this is over, you didnt get the message that Goodell slammed across every fan's face last week.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:10 pm

Good thing the whole front office has been changed and therefore can NOT be held accountable for previous coaching controversies. If by some magical reason Goodell tried to take draft picks- I'd find it impossible for him to take any involved in our trade a third this year second next and that's going out on a limb and saying he utterly hates us..
If he was bold enough to.kill our trade (music to cowgirl fans ears) I suspect the redskins would sue the piss out.of the NFL or do something drastic like join the arena league. It's just impossible to get shafted so hard and make THIS front office pay so much for never violating any rules- cap punishments included.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:43 pm

The problem with the Saints was they covered it up, lied to the league, and then continued the bounty system. None of that happened here. Poser, go try your BS elsewhere, there's no story here.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:40 pm

Man, it's gonna be so sweet watching the play-action fake from RG3, as he then rolls to the right and loops a 20 yard pass over the static Browns secondary to Garcon who turns into the end zone to round off a comprehensive Redskins victory of hapless Cleveland.

The camera then focuses in on the crowd, where a celebrating skins fan reveals his t-shirt with the slogan 'Here's What You Could Have Won Cleveland' alongside a photo of RG3.

I know who I'll be thinking of when that happens....
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:13 pm

the poster wrote:
Countertrey wrote:The Commissioner's office has already stated that they have cleared the Redskins.

AS I understand it, the Commissioner's office also stated that they will reopen the case involving any team if new "information" surfaces.

"While some players who played for Williams elsewhere said he oversaw bounty systems there, too, the league said its didn't find evidence that "programs at other clubs involved targeting opposing players or rewarding players for injuring an opponent." But Goodell could reopen the case if new information emerges."

THIS....is not just new information. It's new and it's a bombshell. Here you got a couple of ex redskins (presumably ex players) saying they were getting a reward to knock a player out.

This is actually exactly what the NFL would be looking for to reopen an invesigation because the language in the story is even more damaging and explicit than the original lanaguage I heard in stories involving the Saints.

This could result in major punishment. To me, its not even a question that this results in an investigation of the Washington Redskins. The NFL, which is under extreme pressure to address the health of their players cannot just overlook this story.

Redskins will find themselves in the crosshairs on this one. The question is......would the team be punished.

(The reality is, the Saints fans were punished with those draft pick losses. They should have just fined the culprits. And fine them heavy. But since the NFL has set the precedent on punishment, it cannot be just shrugged off that they wouldnt go after Redskin draft picks including any used to secure their top draft pick this season if they find enough reason to.)

This is going to get interesting in Washington. If you think this is over, you didnt get the message that Goodell slammed across every fan's face last week.

Not only is it not new, it's of no consequent, if true there would have been evidence of players trying to collect that bounty. There's no proof that any one tried to collect it based on the outcome of the game (Johnson played the hold game) and no unnecessary roughness based on hit delivered to Johnson. If anything it's on Williams for making the offer, end off story. No matter how hard you try to rewrite it.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:20 pm

the poster wrote:

and, as I also noted, any effort to punish the team for actions taken by an individual, without authorization by management, will, almost certainly, provoke an already agrieved Snyder to take the league to court... an action that would risk dire consequences for the league. The NFL Management equivalent of the nuclear option. So, go ahead, pretend the league does not know this... but, it's certainly their call... and they clearly had no problem fabricating a reason to benefit the Giants, at the expense of the Redskins and Dallas, with their earlier, fabricated "violation" of a "gentleman's agreement" to collude against labor.

Boom...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:05 pm

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:Man, it's gonna be so sweet watching the play-action fake from RG3, as he then rolls to the right and loops a 20 yard pass over the static Browns secondary to Garcon who turns into the end zone to round off a comprehensive Redskins victory of hapless Cleveland.

The camera then focuses in on the crowd, where a celebrating skins fan reveals his t-shirt with the slogan 'Here's What You Could Have Won Cleveland' alongside a photo of RG3.

I know who I'll be thinking of when that happens....

I simply must make a shirt that says

EVER BLAND CLOWNS

for such a game.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:11 pm

I'll take two!

ROTFALMAO

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:12 pm

I don't much care for clowns... but the ever bland ones are just disturbing.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:17 pm

Southlondonredskin broke my anagram generator... bastage.

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:25 pm

Countertrey wrote:Southlondonredskin broke my anagram generator... bastage.

I DID NOT!!!

I didn't even touch it. You shouldn't leave it laying around anyway...

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:08 pm

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:

I DID NOT!!!

Who's butchering the language?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:11 pm

Deadskins wrote:
SouthLondonRedskin wrote:

I DID NOT!!!

Who's butchering the language?

That's what I'm talkin' bout!

Hog

Postby the poster » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:35 pm

Countertrey wrote:Commissioner's office has already stated that they have cleared the Redskins.

reply:

so, your first pitch back at me was a softball and I put it back from where it came from. I gotta warn ya, Moderator, if you're gonna throw meatball responses at me like that first one, they're gonna get hit hard.

and, as I also noted, any effort to punish the team for actions taken by an individual, without authorization by management, will, almost certainly, provoke an already agrieved Snyder to take the league to court...

i've got an extremely cogent response to that: so what.

I think it's time you all look outside the team for once. Stop looking at everything as us versus them. And we'll start at square one. You obviously are not understanding the seriousness of the issues.

Let me remind you that the NFL has been under attack for two years now regarding the health of its former and current players. I remember watching Roger Goodell testifying during a suposition just last summer. The safety of the game is sport's #1 issue right now. Every play is being inspected for illegal hits. A senator from Illinois has just launched his own investigation into the matter. do u have any idea where that could lead? I can tell you this, it put guys like Roger Clemens in front of the Supreme Court. There is a marketing war going on right now involving the players, owners, commissioner, lawyers, fans, and everyone in between and that war is about one thing: the safety of its players. Gregg Williams couldnt have come at a worse time for the Saints. 5 years ago this wouldnt be quite as bad as it is now.

This is the NFL's *WAR* right now. The story that came out today involving Williams when he was in Washington was the worst I had heard to date. In fact, to me, its beyond football. Its downright CRIMINAL.
Where else can you get away with laying 15 grand on a table in front of a bunch of 240 lb crazy people and tell them the guy who knocks this person out gets the money?

So I think the NFL *HAS* to start with an investigation. In light of the league's perception problem, I dont even think they can get away with NOT investigating this story (as they said they would if new information became available) and Williams' whole tenure with the Redskins.

What they find now that there are two witnesses (former players) where there was none a few weeks ago will determine if they do anything to washington or individuals within that they can tie blame to. i dont know that they can find that though, so you guys reading this can all put your guns down.

they didnt have anything on the saints, at first What they had was leaked stories ( a rat, as Warren Sapp said) That "rat" led to the investigation which then led to the publishing of a 50,000 page summary of wrong doings. And the investigation didnt take long.

So, with this story today, you got step one again. A "rat" or two, in DC have come forward (Sapp's description, not mine). And now, step two ought to commence with a full D.C. investigation and only then will you know where it leads to.

Yes, there are precious few redskins remaining from williams' time in DC. But be that as it may, do you think *I* know what that means in terms of punishment if they found agregious sins in DC? No! The NFL again is fighting their own reputation war right now and anything is possible. Right now, the nfl be trippin! And their punishment to New Orleans isnt JUST about sending a message to that one football team. It was also to send a message to Congress, to the President, and to the world that watches the National Football League.

Is it impossible to think Dan Snyder knew about bounties? Dude...cmon...dont even give me this holier than thou garbage that everyone is a "Saint" (solid pun, right there) in burgandy and gold. You dont know what you dont know. And either do I. You would never convince me that Sean Payton had knowledge of illegal bounties happening on his football team a month ago. Not until, step one, a story broke, and step two, an investigation followed.

Today was step one in Washington.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:49 pm

What part of cleared of any wrong doing is it that you don't get. The NFL has Gregg Williams dotting the I's and crossing the T's on this investigation in the hopes that he will be allowed back in the league. If he omitted something and it comes out later what's that going to do for Gregg considering above all the harshness of the penalties were for lying and had nothing to do with safety
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football