Landry Is Leaving!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Pacman Rules

Postby gay4pacman » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:41 pm

we need some bodies at safety.....oj gone. please no more reed doughty...

i would be happy with a 1 year deal for sure. Not destroyed if he leaves, especially if he doesn't want to be here.
I know this guy named Jimmy, he has a pet....POSTERNUTBAG! Thats his cats name, POSTERNUTBAG!!!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:34 pm

I'm tired of everyone saying Reed sucks. Doughty's not that bad as long as he's playing strong safety and not free. And he might be the surest tackler on the team.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:50 pm

And a helluva special teamer
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:54 am

Deadskins wrote:I'm tired of everyone saying Reed sucks. Doughty's not that bad as long as he's playing strong safety and not free. And he might be the surest tackler on the team.

I agree. What you get out of Reed is a solid performer. His play, mosy of the time is BETTER than Landry's on an average day. Landry however had some great games and stretches in games that are better than Reed can do. Unfortunately, Landry's bad games are worse than Reeds bad games!

There is a reason Reed has made it through THREE HEAD COACHING CHANGES and Three DC changes. Sure Landry did too, but he was the #6 pick in the draft.

Landry = high risk, high reward (an extremely inconsistant performer)
Daughty = low risk, low reward (a steady performer)

Can we improve on Reed. Yes, but probably not this year! FA safety market is thin and poor. The draft is week at safety too!

Would I like Landry back? Yes, but at a very low base salary that has performance incentives that could make him very well paid. If he isn't good with assuming the risk in his contract then he can limp on out od Redskins Park!

I hope we consider bringing OJ back if he doesn't get a better contract somewhere else.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:I'm tired of everyone saying Reed sucks. Doughty's not that bad as long as he's playing strong safety and not free. And he might be the surest tackler on the team.

I agree. What you get out of Reed is a solid performer. His play, mosy of the time is BETTER than Landry's on an average day. Landry however had some great games and stretches in games that are better than Reed can do. Unfortunately, Landry's bad games are worse than Reeds bad games!

There is a reason Reed has made it through THREE HEAD COACHING CHANGES and Three DC changes. Sure Landry did too, but he was the #6 pick in the draft.

Landry = high risk, high reward (an extremely inconsistant performer)
Daughty = low risk, low reward (a steady performer)

Can we improve on Reed. Yes, but probably not this year! FA safety market is thin and poor. The draft is week at safety too!

Would I like Landry back? Yes, but at a very low base salary that has performance incentives that could make him very well paid. If he isn't good with assuming the risk in his contract then he can limp on out od Redskins Park!

I hope we consider bringing OJ back if he doesn't get a better contract somewhere else.

:!: Good post sir!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:58 am

Landry talks with fan via Twitter about his injury and muscle growth. Landry says he hurt his achilles because he "shot it up" to play through pain. I hope all is not lost in getting him back. We need a menace like him on Defense, and I think he can recover from this injury--even if he does miss a few games.

Fan: we need answers...as a Skins fan, i feel im owed an explanation as to why u feel like its ok to go the same route as David Boston

Landry: lol not in my veins fam... Stay blessed

Fan: cool. well we’ll see come august. we dont need you tearing a bicep when you go to wrap tackle.

Landry: if u wanna get real homie we can put it on the table-talk about it!!! Nvr know at goes on behind the scenes but I’m blessed-ready

Landry: if it comes to that I persevere thru it!!! Don't forget achillies got like that bc I shot it up to play for y’all balee that

Fan: i watch every game, son. i remember. the fans concerned tho. pics surface of you muscled up beyond belief and it seems kinda off

Landry: u right I’m 218 no fat boss I just grind F sleep I can’t bc the thought of failure can’t do it!!! Respect tho homie

Fan: i’m not entirely sure what you’re saying, but my only point is we need you healthy more now that ever with Otogwe gone.

Landry: u know exactly wt I’m saying... Don’t lie to urself boss

Fan: the finer points of your syntax elude me sometimes.

Landry: respect

Landry: water getting to deep I know-get out ur doing right!!!

Fan: all im tryna figure out is if you think its safe to carry around a DE’s worth of muscle playing the saftey position. thats all

Landry: DE 218lbs.. .cmon man I’m done Lil bro do research or learn about the game!!! Lots of athletes are gifted only a few are SPECIAL!!!

Fan: yea u 218... but you gonna break down in the open field looking like this? what about ya hip swivel?

Landry: great art work of hard work you should try it clown instead of sitting on the couch criticizing- u lame Otta here!! Yyyeerrr

Fan: this aint about my workouts, bro. i’m doing fine. i just need know you wont resemble a ‘roided up body builder come Kickoff 2012

No reply.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/laron-landry-says-he-hurt-his-achilles-when-he-shot-it-up-for-redskins/2012/03/13/gIQAHsca9R_blog.html
SPIT HAPPENS!!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:59 am

Landry talks with fan via Twitter about his injury and muscle growth. Landry says he hurt his achilles because he "shot it up" to play through pain. I hope all is not lost in getting him back. We need a menace like him on Defense, and I think he can recover from this injury--even if he does miss a few games.

Fan: we need answers...as a Skins fan, i feel im owed an explanation as to why u feel like its ok to go the same route as David Boston

Landry: lol not in my veins fam... Stay blessed

Fan: cool. well we’ll see come august. we dont need you tearing a bicep when you go to wrap tackle.

Landry: if u wanna get real homie we can put it on the table-talk about it!!! Nvr know at goes on behind the scenes but I’m blessed-ready

Landry: if it comes to that I persevere thru it!!! Don't forget achillies got like that bc I shot it up to play for y’all balee that

Fan: i watch every game, son. i remember. the fans concerned tho. pics surface of you muscled up beyond belief and it seems kinda off

Landry: u right I’m 218 no fat boss I just grind F sleep I can’t bc the thought of failure can’t do it!!! Respect tho homie

Fan: i’m not entirely sure what you’re saying, but my only point is we need you healthy more now that ever with Otogwe gone.

Landry: u know exactly wt I’m saying... Don’t lie to urself boss

Landry: respect

Landry: water getting to deep I know-get out ur doing right!!!

Fan: all im tryna figure out is if you think its safe to carry around a DE’s worth of muscle playing the saftey position. thats all

Landry: DE 218lbs.. .cmon man I’m done Lil bro do research or learn about the game!!! Lots of athletes are gifted only a few are SPECIAL!!!

Fan: yea u 218... but you gonna break down in the open field looking like this? what about ya hip swivel?

Landry: great art work of hard work you should try it clown instead of sitting on the couch criticizing- u lame Otta here!! Yyyeerrr

Fan: this aint about my workouts, bro. i’m doing fine. i just need know you wont resemble a ‘roided up body builder come Kickoff 2012

No reply.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/laron-landry-says-he-hurt-his-achilles-when-he-shot-it-up-for-redskins/2012/03/13/gIQAHsca9R_blog.html
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:06 am

ROTFALMAO
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:34 pm

cowboykillerzRED wrote:And a helluva special teamer

Yes, he is. But he has no business being a starting safety in the NFL. A backup, sure. A starter, no.
Suck and Luck

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:15 pm

More safety info:

BY Manish Mehta

The Jets took a step closer on Saturday to filling their biggest area of need in free agency.

Bengals safety Reggie Nelson finished his visit with the Jets after a “productive” visit with Jets’ officials, his agent Hadley Engelhard told the Daily News on Saturday. Nelson will now weight the Jets’ offer and make up his mind within 24 hours, Engelhard said. In addition to the Bengals and Jets, Nelson has received interest from a third team.

Nelson, 28, revived his career with the Bengals after three seasons in Jacksonsville. Quarterbacks had a 73.9 passer rating throwing at Nelson last season, according to Pro Football Focus. He allowed only two touchdown passes against him in 2011.

Nelson fits the profile of an athletic safety that the Jets were desperately lacking in 2011. Eric Smith was the only safety under contract with significant playing time in the Jets’ defensive system.

Free agent safety LaRon Landry is stilled scheduled to visit the Jets on Sunday, according to a source. The Jets were interested in safety Brandon Meriweather before he signed with the Redskins on Thursday.

The Jets will likely target another safety in the draft next month.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football