Official Redskins Free Agent Signings

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
spudstr04

Postby spudstr04 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:51 pm

It looks like we are taking chances with some veteran DBs that lost starting gigs last year.

ummmm
#21 = Forever in our hearts

Hog

Postby TimSkin » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:55 pm

spudstr04 wrote:
TimSkin wrote:
spudstr04 wrote:Redskins just signed CB Cedric Griffin to 1 year 2.5 Million dollar deal, he recently played for Vikes.

You got a link man?

http://www.realredskins.com/rich-tandle ... -deal.html

thanks bro I like it a good depth signing since he can play any position in the secondary
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hog

Postby Mississippiskinsfan2 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:20 pm

Its looking like they are going to wait till the draft to do anything with the oline......

piglet

Postby leesburgskinsfan » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:23 pm

The silence is deafening on the status of London Fletcher. Has anybody heard anything?

Hail!
Go 'Skins

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:27 pm

leesburgskinsfan wrote:The silence is deafening on the status of London Fletcher. Has anybody heard anything?

Hail!

WP:

The bad news is that the Redskins and London Fletcher have yet to agree on a contract as NFL free agency enters its fourth day.

The good news is that there hasn’t been much movement in the inside linebacker around the league at all.

Along with Fletcher, Curtis Lofton, Stephen Tulloch, and David Hawthorne, the other top inside linebackers who are free agents remain unsigned as of Friday morning.

Inside linebacker Dan Connor did sign a contract to go from the Panthers to the Cowboys yesterday but he is a cut below the top-tier free agents. He signed a two-year deal but we don’t know what the money looks like yet.

The players’ agents and the teams who would like to sign the players are waiting to see who blinks first. Once one deal is made, the others will have numbers to work with and other contracts will fall into place.

Fletcher’s contract is a bit more difficult to figure since he will be 37 next season, about 10 years older than the other top free agents. His deal is likely to be for a shorter term than the others but the average annual compensation is what needs to be established once the market starts to set.

The waiting game continues but it could let loose at any moment.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

piglet

Postby leesburgskinsfan » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:33 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
leesburgskinsfan wrote:The silence is deafening on the status of London Fletcher. Has anybody heard anything?

Hail!

WP:

The bad news is that the Redskins and London Fletcher have yet to agree on a contract as NFL free agency enters its fourth day.

The good news is that there hasn’t been much movement in the inside linebacker around the league at all.

Along with Fletcher, Curtis Lofton, Stephen Tulloch, and David Hawthorne, the other top inside linebackers who are free agents remain unsigned as of Friday morning.

Inside linebacker Dan Connor did sign a contract to go from the Panthers to the Cowboys yesterday but he is a cut below the top-tier free agents. He signed a two-year deal but we don’t know what the money looks like yet.

The players’ agents and the teams who would like to sign the players are waiting to see who blinks first. Once one deal is made, the others will have numbers to work with and other contracts will fall into place.

Fletcher’s contract is a bit more difficult to figure since he will be 37 next season, about 10 years older than the other top free agents. His deal is likely to be for a shorter term than the others but the average annual compensation is what needs to be established once the market starts to set.

The waiting game continues but it could let loose at any moment.

DarthMonk
Thanks DarthMonk! Now that we almost have the rights to RG3, my only FA signing I'm looking forward to is to get our captain back in the fold.

Hail!
Go 'Skins

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:37 pm

Eric Winston (Houston RT) is still out there but wants to be the highest paid RT in the league (which one doesn't).

Guards Mike Brisiel (Houston) and Evan Mathis (Eagles) remain available.

Both Texans would be ideal. Winston and Mathis will probably cost too much.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby Mississippiskinsfan2 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:42 pm

What are our cap numbers looking like right now?

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:53 pm

WP wrote:Inside linebacker Dan Connor did sign a contract to go from the Panthers to the Cowboys yesterday but he is a cut below the top-tier free agents. He signed a two-year deal

Always like hearing about the Pies signing second-rate players to multi-year deals. :up:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:21 pm

I just about punched through my computer desk when I say the Raiders signed Mike Brisiel from the Texans. Redskins had been linked to him. Good God, we need to make something happen and build a productive offensive line!
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

Hog

Postby die cowboys die » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:21 pm

Schefty says:

"In a deal done and confirmed by @jeffsperbeck, former Texans guard Mike Brisiel has signed with the Oakland Raiders."

another OL off the market. how's this year's OL draft class? might we have our sights set on the draft? as someone pointed out, we do have 3 total picks in rounds 3 and 4

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:24 pm

I am no expert, but judging by Scouts Inc's ratings... the draft class is REALLY weak for linemen this year.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:50 pm

Skinsfan55 wrote:I am no expert, but judging by Scouts Inc's ratings... the draft class is REALLY weak for linemen this year.

Man, it seems like I've heard this draft class is weak at every single position. There's got to be depth somewhere. What position is this draft stocked at?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby die cowboys die » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:52 pm

i seem to recall the "experts" saying "this is the worst draft class in a long time" prior to like, every draft for the last 5 years at least. yet somehow, magically, lots of good players keep turning up out of them.

Postby skinsfan#33 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:43 pm

I'm starting to get that sinking feeling that we are going to do the same thing as last year wrt the ol. Sign one mediocre player. Watch all the other studs go to teams that are serious about their ol.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football